Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: [FIXED in v3.0] Playlist files without full paths won't load in eJukebox.
george

posted on 3-12-2003 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[FIXED in v3.0] Playlist files without full paths won't load in eJukebox.

Beta

First of all the fade in/out effect is sweet. :cool: Albums sliding in and out is cool too. Question: How can i get ej to automatically play a random song from the db? When the playlist is done it just stops.
george

posted on 3-12-2003 at 03:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It just started. I guess i had to run it a couple of times. Ok a comment, ej doesn't load playlists that i created with winamp. Only playlists created with ej.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you save Winamp's Playlist to a file using Winamp...you can then load the playlist file from eJukebox's Playlist "Menu" button.

If you are using Winamp3 you must make sure you save the playlist as a .PLS or .M3U playlist and not a .B4S playlist, in order to be able to load it in eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 3-12-2003 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having a problem with Winamp playlists in eJ too. I habitually use M3U playlist format instead of the newer PLS, because even though I use Winamp 3 I also use those same playlist files with various MP3 CD players which support M3U and NOT PLS.

Result: the M3U files work natively in Winamp3 but NOT through eJukebox.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So the .M3U playlists saved from Winamp3 will not load when you use eJukebox's Playlist Menu? What happens when you attempt to load the playlist is eJukebox?

We just tested this and it seemed to worked correctly. Are all your mp3s on local hard drives or are the files networked?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 3-12-2003 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On a network drive, but I'm reasonably sure its not a file security issue.

The M3U file is configured to NOT have file paths in it, and its sitting in the same directory on the network as the MP3 files themselves. Here's a bit of the contents:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:95,The Vines - Highly Evolved
The Vines - Highly Evolved.mp3
#EXTINF:141,The Coral - Dreaming of You
The Coral - Dreaming of You.mp3

The error message when loading the M3U within eJ is a bit long, so bear with me.

"Cannot find.... Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

The \\Netmax\Vol stuff is my file server. Obviously eJ is trying to reference my Temporary Internet Files for some reason and generate something from that playlist... and that appears to be the part that's failing. If this IS a file security thing its not as simple as just reading the M3U file, and the actual MP3 files themselves are both playable and the tags alterable by eJ normally.

The odd thing (and I just learned this) is I can SORT OF get things working by loading the M3U file through Winamp3 itself and eJ will keep up with the list (showing the album covers and such, although it won't show the songs in the "Up Next" area and using the Next Song button in eJ instead of the one in Winamp leaves the playlist) if its open while I do that. Its just loading the M3U through eJ itself which causes the errors.

WinXP by the way.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-13-2003 at 11:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

eJukebox currently requires full paths in the playlist files in order to be able to import them.

We have updated v3.0 to allow for playlists without full file paths, so that when full paths are not present in the playlist it assumes that the mp3s are in the same folder as the playlist file.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats