Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 'Star' rating lock in kiosk mode
sjb700

posted on 1-7-2004 at 10:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
'Star' rating lock in kiosk mode

Imagine this scenario:
You spend ages rating all your songs using the star rating.
You invite some 'mates' round and run eJukebox in kiosk mode.
After a few drinks your mates decide it would be funny as hell to set everything at 5 stars....

This hasn't happened to me yet but I can see it happening in the future, could you mabey lock the star ratings when in kiosk mode (i.e. not allow people to change them).
junk

posted on 1-7-2004 at 11:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your mates have too much spare time on their hands. ;) I guess it is quite limited how much damage they can do unless they take shifts by clicking through your entire collection.

But you might be on to something, it leads me to another suggestion, which might be more complex, though... when in kiosk mode, eJ is normally installed at either parties, in pubs or similar... how about that it would register each additional star rating, and divide the sum of ratings by the number of times the song is rated - to put it simples, give an average rating?

So if Bob decides to give a 5 star or a 1 star rating, and the song allready has a 3 star rating, it would end up as a 4 star or a 2 star, until the next time the song is played and someone gives it a new rating. Add a time interval of one hour, or per session or something, so someone cannot mess it up by clicking back and forth between the stars.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats