Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How to get new songs to show up in eJ???
stsirois

posted on 3-24-2003 at 05:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How to get new songs to show up in eJ???

Seems like there could be a few ways to do this, though I thought it would have been an automatic feature...

1) I could add new songs via Winamp. Kinda cumbersome as it takes you out of eJ.

2) Though I haven't tried it, I would think that rebuilding the eJ database would pull in the new songs. Is this true? How long would this process take on say, a 1GHz machine?

3) Is there a search function that I'm not seeing within eJ? I like the search function within Winamp (think it's called 'Jump';) where you can type in any portion of a song or artist & the qualified songs/artists would show up. Something like this in eJ would be cool if the process could be streamlined to be friendly towards kiosk & HTPC users.

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-24-2003 at 05:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To add new songs to eJukebox open the eJukebox options panel and click the "Update Database" button in the bottom left corner. Then Click "Next" and then "Add New Music Files to your eJukebox Database". Then select Search all hard drives or specify a folder. eJukebox will then locate any new files and add them to eJukebox.

You can search for anything by typing a Artist, Title, Genre, or Year into the search box in the top right hand corner of eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stsirois

posted on 3-24-2003 at 01:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HOLY SMOKES!!! I never knew that that box was a search box!?!? I always that that it was a status bar for the album view lookup. This is great!

Thanks,
Steve
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats