Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album covers
chevytough

posted on 10-15-2003 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album covers

I have used ejukebox for about a year i would say, and everyhitng worked fine, then a couple months ago it stopped looking up album covers, and all my album covers came up blank. This happened after i moved my computer back to school and set it back up. Thinking it was my computer i reformatted, but still had the same problem. I noticed on the forum many other people had the same problem, and it was going ot be fixed in v3.5. I waited until version 3.5 came out and upgraded, but i still have the same problem. The only difference is it was telling my i wasn't connected to the internet when i tried to look up album covers, no it gives me no such messege, but just doesn't look-up album covers.) I do not have the "disable automatic album cover lookeup" option selected

if i go into the edit menu and try to search for the album cover it tells me no album found (even though when i first started to use ejukebox it found covers for these same albums) Or sometimes if it does find an album the image still comes back blank. I can however use the "use image from" feature to set album covers. What can i do to get ejukebox to again lookup album covers?

I use windows 2000 (I have all the upgrades for windows an internet explorer ). I connect to the internet though DSL shared with 4 other computers
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-16-2003 at 09:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This has been fixed for v3.53, plus the lookup accuracy has been increased a bit. In addition, the album lookup will now automatically get the Year.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 10-17-2003 at 07:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interesting... the year issue has been one of the reasons i have stuck with Tag&Rename, since i really want to get the release year for each album.

If eJukebox now automatically can look this up and write it in the tag, i'd be more interested in letting eJukebox take over more of my manual tag-work.

The only thing is, that since all the rest of my covers and reviews are from AMG (Allmusic.com), and there is a distinct difference between those album covers and those who eJukebox retrieve (the ones that eJukebox gets are much more contrast-filled. And i believe Pirk mentioned something about them being in the GIF format originally once?).

Is there a chance that eJukebox could suck out the juice from AMG and spit it into our mp3's? :P
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2003 at 09:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great if now the lookup can get the year!

I hope the year will be displayed beside the album names under images...

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 10-17-2003 at 09:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm... i don't need to see the year all of the time... actually, i am more intrigued by the forthcoming option, where you have no text under the album covers at all. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-17-2003 at 03:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The year fields in eJukebox will just be filled in correctly when albums are auto lookedup. It will not display it in any brandnew location. One nice thing about it is the CD Ripper now gets All the data for the tags.

Yes, the hiding of the album list text looks pretty slick. The default will be to hide the text, then you can change the option from the album list options panel if you wish.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 12:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree, it does look more slick, and it also brings more attention to the covers themselves, which is a good thing.

But! I wish the "play entire album" arrow beneath the album wouldn't disappear along with the album text. This is one of the functions i use the most in the album list, so i feel quite handicapped without it. Perhaps an option to enable disable this arrow would be the best, since i realise that if you don't use this function, you don't want to see it either.
stsirois

posted on 10-18-2003 at 01:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by junk
...But! I wish the "play entire album" arrow beneath the album wouldn't disappear along with the album text. This is one of the functions i use the most in the album list, so i feel quite handicapped without it. Perhaps an option to enable disable this arrow would be the best, since i realise that if you don't use this function, you don't want to see it either.

junk, can't you get the same functionality if you performed a right-click or used a hotkey? Not sure, since I don't have eJ open at the moment.

Steve
junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 02:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sure, you can get this by entering ctrl-Q ... but there are times when the keyboard is inacessible, such as using eJukebox by wireless input devices across the rooms, etc...

All of the jukeboxes we have built for youth houses and bars etc, all lack keyboards. This is more or less a safety restriction.

But ... anyway... when i am navigating using the mouse, it's a bit akward to have to resort to a hotkey to get to a function i use all the time... :/
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-18-2003 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, i also feel the album texts and the arrows under the images as something essential! But as much as i can put back this feature in the options... there is no problem, and this is what i have done since this version! Not you junk???

junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 09:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hehe... i've put the text back now, yes, that's true... but just as much to get the arrow back. I like the concept of no album text, allthough i admit it's a bit wierd at first.

The thing is, i find myself studying the cover art more, which is a good thing, instead of reading my way through the albums.

So, i'd like to have the option of just an arrow, and no album text... allthough it's too soon to say if i would stick with this setting in the long run.
chevytough

posted on 10-18-2003 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album covers still comming back blank

I have upgraded to v3.53 and my ablum covers are still comming back blank! is anybody else still having this problem?
junk

posted on 10-19-2003 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That has happened to me too! But i didn't notice until today, because i only have two albums that eJukebox had looked up automatically. The rest of my mp3's all have their covers encoded in the id3 tag.

I now have two covers that turn up blank, which the earlier versions of eJukebox would find covers for, but now it can't find anything.

Thing is, i don't really make a good example, 'cause the two blank albums are fake ones (downloaded from KaZaa), but in the earlier versions of eJukebox did find covers by the proper artist, but the (ofcourse) wrong album.

But since i hardly believe you have a collection consisting entirely of unknown bootlegs or mock-ups, the problem probably is that the new eJukebox has problem looking up coverart.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-19-2003 at 09:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
chevytough,
I don't have this problem, but it's because i don't use this feature very often... - or if you prefer: i don't use this feature very often because eJ don't find much of my albums... I hope that will be fixed.
I still would be also very happy if eJ found more CDs on the CDDB...

junk,
Concerning to me, i don't like much the concept of no album text, i wasn't prepared to that! Really, that remind me others banal jukebox like Musicmatch or others bad jukebox...
I really love eJukebox because it is able to group the albums by artist with the artist names displayed on top and album names under the covers. And the recent developments seem to want to change this habit.
I just hope that will be so good that i will never think again to these other jukebox!...

Nevertheless, knowing a bit Audiosoft, i'm confident! :D

junk

posted on 10-19-2003 at 10:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No need to worry, Pirk. I consider this option more an stylistish option, that can be easily switched on and off. But i have to agree with you on one thing; having the text turned off by default can give the impression to new users that it's not possible to have the text under the covers.

I'd think it would be better to have the text under the covers turned on by default. All users who enter the "options" will see how easily it can be turned off anyway.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-19-2003 at 04:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good point...Showing the album text will be the default for the next version.

shrip

posted on 11-5-2003 at 05:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Albums STILL Blank

I don't know where to get an anwer for this problem, but I'm getting frustrated. EJ won't look up albums anymore. They come back blank or when being played doesn't attempt to find an album cover. I thought it was supposed to be fixed for v3.53, but it's not. Please someone answer this, never seem to get a concrete answer or solution to this!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats