Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Jukebox Freezes after intalling 5.37
chris81144

shocked.gif posted on 10-23-2010 at 05:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jukebox Freezes after intalling 5.37

Hi

I recently upgraded from 5.34 to 5.37 and now my jukebox will freeze shortly after startup. All I am doing is selecting an artist to listen to and when the carousel start displaying the albums, it freezes up my computer forcing me to shut it down by holding the power button. My computer is running Windows XP with no other applications other than eJukebox. Does anyone know what is going on? If I can't get it fixed I am going to have to remove and downgrade to 5.34.

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 06:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Trying to track down the cause of this. Does this happen every time?
so it starts OK but then the first artist you click in the artist list it starts loading the shelf albums and then your computer always freezes?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 07:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, I messed around with the settings a little and it made it better. Now instead of it freezing when I select an artist, it just is very slow and unresponsive especially if there is more than a couple albums in the shelf 3d. It seems like the graphics are slowing it down considerably. Sometimes it wont even play the next track if it hangs trying to load albums.

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
thanks i think i know what is going wrong
i will upload a new exe for you to test to see if it is better in about 10 minutes

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 07:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please replace over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe and let me know if it is better

chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 08:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I tried the new file you posted and unfortunately it really didn't make much of a difference. The system still hangs pretty bad especially when it is loading alot of albums into the shelf 3d. I have one category that is soundtracks that has more than the shelf 3d will display and when I select them, the program becomes non responsive big time.

Chris
chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 08:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just checked the jukebox again after selecting my soundtrack selection and it is still froze. The cursor is the little had with the finger and it will not let me do anything else. I can't select anything and I cannot close the program without killing the process or completely shutting down the machine.

My machine is new and has more than enough memory as far as I know to run the program. Is there another applicaton that I need to update to make this work better?

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 08:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please downgrade to v5.35 and let me know if it is better
http://audiosoft.net/EJukebox_v5.35_LIVEUpgrade.exe

chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I downgraded and it seems to work quicker. The shelf 3d will still hang when it loads but it is not near as bad as ver 5.37. It also takes longer to pull up the album when you click on it in shelf 3d.

Chris
chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As compared to ver 5.34
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok thanks for the report. 5.37 is usually faster ... except in 5.37 the limit was changed from loading a maximum of 100 songs per songlist page to 500 Songs Max when you click an Artist. Maybe that was your real problem. Let me know if you think that was it. I am going to lower it to 200 songs which is more reasonable for the next update. Also you may want to check Run in Ram under Tools->Options->Other tab to get better performance.

chris81144

posted on 10-23-2010 at 09:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The run in ram option didn't help any. It still is slow with shelf 3d and when it loads the album info when I click on the album in shelf 3d. Is there a limit to albums? I only have 458 in there total and am still adding more. I have only used about 40 Gb of my 250 Gb hard drive.

My pc is a Intel Atom 1.6Ghz with 2 Gb of RAM. It is on an Intel D945GCLF2 board. I am using onboard graphics which is 128 Mb video memory. I wonder if I have a hardware issue all of a sudden.

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2010 at 10:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i am not sure how that atom cpu performs. i have an old P4 3.4Ghz.
onboard graphics is probably the biggest determent to your performance.
and hard drive access/speed is the biggest road block on most PCs....but nothing you can do about that other than keeping other apps/antivirus from hogging disk i/o

keep in mind the first time an album image is displayed in Shelf3D the image is cached so the first time will be slower.

Shelf3D can display 50 albums at the same time. There is no limit to the number of albums in your database or album list.

chris81144

posted on 10-24-2010 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft

Could you provide me with a link to redownload version 5.34? That was the last known good version I had on my PC. I have a copy of 5.31 saved but I don't want to go back that far unless I have to. I will probably delete the 5.35 version I have now and re-install 5.34.

Thanks

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-25-2010 at 01:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
please try v5.38 first as it should be much faster than any of the old versions. let me know what if any problems

chris81144

posted on 11-3-2010 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft

I upgraded my pc to a Intel duo core processor and 2 gig of memory. That took care of the freezing problem. I guess the Atom processor was just too slow. I am running the latest and greatest version now however, there is a sporatic issue that pops up, usually when I shut down the jukebox and try to optimize the database. Windows will report and error and will close Ejukebox before the database is optimized. Windows keeps complaing about the mshtml.dll file. I am running a stripped down version of Windows XP 32 bit OS.

Other than this issue, everything seems to be working better now that I have upgraded the hardware.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-3-2010 at 11:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the report.
For that error maybe upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 will help if you don't have it yet on your stripped down XP.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats