Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5
Author: Subject: eJukebox compatible with IE9? IE9STANDARDS
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-15-2010 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox compatible with IE9? IE9STANDARDS

Audiosoft, i installed IE9 beta. do you think EJ should be totally compatible with it ?

I tried EJ with IE9. Here are some little bugs i noticed:

Songlist:
-PNG PlayImages have rough borders!
-.title div content is not positioned exactly like previously with IE8

Artistlist:
-it seems the font i used in .Artist is not loaded

And what about border-radius? it seems it doesn't work!?

Thanks.

Pirk has attached this image:
ie9.jpg - 101.74kb

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-15-2010 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, IE9 Final should make EJ faster and allow for even better EJ skins.
When IE9 is released i will make sure old skins look as good as possible with it which hopefully will be perfect. There might be a way to force it to render with IE7 quirks if needed. Until then recommend IE8 for EJ over IE9 beta.

I am interested to know...do the filter:'s work with EJ and IE9 beta?
Does all the functionality work? Drag and Drop and text clicks?
Does the text scroll on the now playing?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-16-2010 at 11:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes the filters work normally with EJ and IE9 beta. drag and drop and text clicks too. the text scrolls on the now playing. it seems all the functionality work good.
the only problems i noticed are those i reported in my previous post.
i can't see any IE7 or IE8 mode in IE9 beta. it seems it's not like with the previous IE9 demos.
i will see if i reinstall IE8 or not just for EJ. because i would like to test border-radius in EJ skins! otherwise i use Firefox for Internet, because it blocks all the advertisements...

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-17-2010 at 12:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, i don't know if this anim effect is intentional or not. i rather think it's since i installed IE9.. not easy to capture!

anim.jpg - 95.57kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-17-2010 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

wow that looks like the 'Animate Songlist Transitions' option but drawn all at once. i wonder is the 'up next animation' is also that bad with IE9?
you can disable both animations on the Display tab.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix those things in IE9 final and it will have better hardware graphics acceleration than IE8.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-18-2010 at 10:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes the 'up next animation' is also slow with IE9. all the panels have this slow speed effect. the transition takes maybe 1/2 second, but it seems there is a additional drag effect.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-20-2010 at 02:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK have added code to detect when it is IE9
with this exe if IE9 detection works it should skip the 2 transition animations even when those options are checked. Will revisit the animations when IE9 final comes out.

Replace over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-20-2010 at 01:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
with this exe the IE9 detection doesn't work, but it's not a problem since i can deactivate these animations from the EJ menu. i can wait IE9 final, i just reported so that you are aware in advance.. however i don't know if it's because IE9 or EJ but 'border-radius' don't work yet in EJukebox? maybe you can allow border-radius in .dis files?

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-21-2010 at 09:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tested IE9 beta and now playing does not animate anymore for me. does yours animate?
it is IE9 engine because the IE9 demos are working for me in EJ's browser
you should be able to get a border radius demo to work in EJ .dis if it works in EJ's web browser

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-21-2010 at 11:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
tested IE9 beta and now playing does not animate anymore for me. does yours animate?

no you are right, for me too now playing does not animate with IE9 beta.
Quote:
it is IE9 engine because the IE9 demos are working for me in EJ's browser
you should be able to get a border radius demo to work in EJ .dis if it works in EJ's web browser

i also think like you.. but i tried border radius in EJ in real conditions with IE9 BETA installed, not using one of their previous DEMOS. and when i add this in songlist.dis .titleedithi:

border-color:#FCFCFC;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1;
border-radius:10px;

the borders still remains 100% square!

So finally i think maybe some of the new features announced for IE9 are not totally implemented or allowed yet in this first IE9 beta? but in this case they should call it 'Alpha', not 'Beta'.

[EDIT]
border-radius is implemented in IE9 beta:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ff468705.aspx#_CSS3_BG_Borders
Why border radius doesn't work in EJukebox? Mystery...

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-22-2010 at 09:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for that link Pirk!

Ran some tests with IE9 beta and EJ:
The good news is: all EJ skins work and look almost exactly the same on IE9beta as IE7 and 8.

The bad news is: with IE9 beta the only way radius and opacity work is if you set it to run in 'IE9 standards mode'.

When I forced EJ to run the lists in IE9 standards mode the radius worked but allot of things stopped functioning and did not look right.
So we probably will not be able to use radius etc on the lists without breaking current skins...unless the 'IE9 quirks mode' in the final is better by supporting radius and opacity and still older things like alpha filter.

We will see. Once IE9 final is out i will test again.
Maybe then i can update some of the lists to be able to work in IE9 standards mode so you can use the new css. If not we could still use IE9 standards mode for the next 2Web and/or home view.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-22-2010 at 12:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, can't you give us a way to switch oneself the IE9 mode in EJ to 'IE9 standards mode'? So I can fix my current skin for IE9 mode and add border radius. I don't care if a new edition of my skin is not compatible with IE7 and 8. That will just be a skin for IE9 in advance! Like my Crimson skin with PNG images was only for IE7..

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-22-2010 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Testing IE9 'Standards Mode' in EJ

IE9 quirks mode is thankfully default and works fine with EJ. The problem with forcing EJ to run IE9 beta 'standards mode' now is the songlist does not work and the other lists do not function and/or look right because there are conflicts with the layout, mouse events and allot more.

i did make some updates to the lists to make them functional with ie9 beta standards mode (and still compatible with older IE) but there are some things ie9 standards no longer supports. To get everything to work in the mode i will need to rewrite a huge amount of code and i will need a reliable IE9 detection method (which currently eludes me since IE9 beta reports to EJ as IE7) so that i could preserve the old code for IE8 and lower. Also it is probably best to wait until IE9 final so that i do not waste time trying to convert things that might not ultimately need converted since final quirks may add support for the new css features.

Replace attached exe over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe

You can now test and see radius work and what doesn't work/looks different in IE9 beta standards mode...
With this exe and v3.34+ you can...
enter the following commands in the EJ SEARCH box to change the render mode for all the lists:

IE9STANDARDS
or
IE9QUIRKS

Make sure you use all CAPITAL LETTERS...after entering the command you will get a message box. then you need to refresh/progress the list you are looking at in EJ to see it in the new rendering mode.

btw eventually we may want to do things like run the artist list in quirks and the album list in standards. i could make that possible by adding a new optional ini style setting in each .dis in the future.

A few of the things i notice in this exe with forced IE9STANDARDS mode:
-allot of links that should have hand or arrow cursor have text selection cursor (not sure how to fix)
-the songlist, artistlist and albumlist scroll sliders are not getting their position.
-Now playing cover/video does not resize when you change the now playing height. (tested and why this happens makes no sense to me yet may be a ie9 beta bug)
-Playlist background gradient in Vinyl is getting cut and playlist link styling does not look right (how to fix? maybe possible in playlist.dis)
-Homeview is centering the texts instead of aligning to the left (probally an easy fix maybe in homeview.ini)
-the biggest issue to deal with...the Songlist...mouse events are non-functional (only drag and drop and Netrelated work) and artist arrows are not stretching to match. plus there are sporadic empty image icons for pick count that make no sense and the songlistbot.png is not showing (lot of issues not so simple)

if anyone figures out how to fix any of those via .dis please let me know the code addition and maybe i can make the fix global so that the .dis does not need it.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 08:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ah.. well ok! I'll try to edit my songlist for IE9 mode. I hope that will not be too hard for me.. But I'm always glad to test new features in EJ! Thanks a lot for the commands in the EJ SEARCH box. :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Have fun playing the .dis in IE9STANDARDS :D
remember it might not look the same in IE9 final's standards

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do you know when the IE9 final version will be available?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IE9 final in 2011
i will see if i can get the songlist working with beta standards but it is not going to be easy and will take time. an updated playlist could be released the soonest in a skin if i add the .dis option for ie9standards mode...because right now the playlist is the only thing that works 100% functionality wise. there are allot of new quirks to implement to get the other lists 100% in IE9STANDARDS

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All is almost perfect! :D I love the rounded borders. just the mouse over and right click are not working. I'll try to fix that in the .dis files!

A5 Vinyl Tech IE9.jpg - 158.22kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
awesome! but you can't fix those from .dis - trust me - the songlist is going to take time and a few exe's for me to get totally up and running in IE9STANDARDS
if you can see if you can figure out how show the arrow or hand cursor in .title
is there a different standard than cursor: ?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 09:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok too bad it can't be fixed from .dis. I'd need the .html! Maybe Microsoft will provide a code translator for web developers?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 10:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes there is...it is F12 in IE9 beta - that will help me get it working...but still i worry maybe some things are actually broken in the beta like the 'now playing' height not chaning the cover size and the scroll sliders on the lists not working.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 10:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
if you can see if you can figure out how show the arrow or hand cursor in .title

ok, i'll make some searches. probably Google already know that!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 10:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
yes there is...it is F12 in IE9 beta - that will help me get it working...but still i worry maybe some things are actually broken in the beta like the 'now playing' height not chaning the cover size and the scroll sliders on the lists not working.

maybe could you use .SVG images for the cover in the 'now playing'? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ff468705.aspx#_Scaling_Vector_Graphics
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 10:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
or maybe you can use 'background-size': http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#background-size

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 11:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Pirk
Quote:

ok, i'll make some searches. probably Google already know that!

Here is a syntax I found for the cursor which is working good in EJukebox with IE9 STANDARDS:
cursor: url(), hand;

Easy! ;)

[EDIT]
I also fixed the Homeview.ini:

table {
background-color: transparent;
background-image: url(HomeviewTable.png);
background-repeat: repeat;
text-align: left;
cursor: url(), hand;

}

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IE9 will be good for EJukebox!

A5 Vinyl Tech IE9STANDARDS.jpg - 94.11kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
very nice thanks Pirk!
interesting it needs url() in cursor...maybe ie9 supports custom cursor files in the skin folder?

also test out...
opacity: 0.5;
i tried one of the rows in the playlist and it alternates the text 50% faded and the next row solid text. i am unsure...maybe filter: alpha doesn't always work in IE9. actually i think if opacity exists in the { } then filter: alpha is ignored in the same { }. the opposite is true in IE6-8 as opacity is not supported only filter: alpha. so i guess use both if you are doing a simple filter: alpha(Opacity=) and it will work on all IE versions

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
of course i tried to load a few icons in the cursor url() but no success yet! but the hand is loaded instead.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2010 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmmm maybe it only supports a new cursor file extension

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2010 at 08:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well i think not but i don't know

Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats