Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: A few questions I cant find in the manual
AussieBoyDK

posted on 8-9-2010 at 10:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A few questions I cant find in the manual

Hey

First I want to say that this is the best Jukebox i have ever seen. Easy to use and very admirable.

Well after have used it for 2 weeks a few questions came to mind.

1. The jukebox kindly tells me how many dublicate files are being hidden. Is there a way either through ejuke or another programme to se these files at get det dublicates deleted? (I have 38000 numbers and aprox 60000 files...)

2. The carousel does not spin. How do i make it do that? On the webintro i se the albums going by al the time. But in mine i can only make it spin by clicking the next og prev album, which the fast forwards to the clicked album.

3. The Webinterface is a brilliant idea. I have a nokia n79 with lan ability. But the volumecontrol is gone and x for the screen is very wide, so I have to scroll alot. Is there some easy fix for these 2 problems?

4. When ejuke is minimized, a "now playing" screen apears and shortly after goes away. Is it possible to make it apear when I hold the mouse up agains the screen just like the autohide funktion for win start menu?

5. Ctrl + 1-9 is shortcut for rating. But for some reason these shortcuts only worked 3 times. Havent been able to use them ever since. Any idea why???

And a little question. Most of my mp3's are placed on and external disk witch is not always connected. Im now running compatility mode for win xp 3 (win 7) and as adminestrator, because ejuke made an error starting if the drive was not attached. Can this be true? And when the drive is disconnected, is there then an easy way to only se the files avalible to be played?

Well again, nice program. This is actualy the first peace of software I have purchased for many years. Simply brilliant:)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-9-2010 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you AussueBoyDK for your kind comments.

1. The jukebox kindly tells me how many dublicate files are being hidden. Is there a way either through ejuke or another programme to se these files at get det dublicates deleted? (I have 38000 numbers and aprox 60000 files...)

There is an "Always show Duplicates" option at the end of Tools->Options-Display panel. You can also click Show Duplicates on the songlist if you don't want to always show them. You can delete them from your collection with EJukebox but only 1 at a time by right clicking the duplicate in the songlist and clicking Edit Song and Delete in the Song Editor. Because they are the same artist->title it doesn't necessarily mean you want to delete them all since 1 may be a live performance or of a better quality.

2. The carousel does not spin. How do i make it do that? On the webintro i se the albums going by al the time. But in mine i can only make it spin by clicking the next og prev album, which the fast forwards to the clicked album.

You can also use the mouse scroll wheel or hold the left and right arrow keys to make it go through the Shelf3D albums. If you want it to move all the time you can switch to the Carousel by unchecking "Shelf3D" under Tools->Options->Display and unchecking "Stop Rotation"

3. The Webinterface is a brilliant idea. I have a nokia n79 with lan ability. But the volumecontrol is gone and x for the screen is very wide, so I have to scroll alot. Is there some easy fix for these 2 problems?

I will see what i can do about the volume control for the next update. As far as the screen being wide i wonder is there any way for you to change your phone's orientation? right now you are scrolling up and down and never left and right correct? Its set to center on whatever width the browser is so i think the only way would be to make the fonts smaller in the style.css.

4. When ejuke is minimized, a "now playing" screen apears and shortly after goes away. Is it possible to make it apear when I hold the mouse up agains the screen just like the autohide funktion for win start menu?

That is an idea i have been thinking about myself. It would probally be better if the AutoHide setting on the now playing album popup made it so when you move the mouse to where it left the screen it pops out again. right now if you right click the album cover inside the popup you can select Pin or AutoHide. Also if check "Minimize to tray" on Tools->Options->Display you can right click the small EJ icon at the bottom right in the tray to get the popup to appear.

5. Ctrl + 1-9 is shortcut for rating. But for some reason these shortcuts only worked 3 times. Havent been able to use them ever since. Any idea why???

Not sure it seems to be working ok here. Make sure you are using the number keys above the letter keys on your keyboard and not the number pad on the side.

RE: And a little question. Most of my mp3's are placed on and external disk witch is not always connected. Im now running compatility mode for win xp 3 (win 7) and as adminestrator, because ejuke made an error starting if the drive was not attached. Can this be true? And when the drive is disconnected, is there then an easy way to only se the files avalible to be played?

Well there is an easy way to remove files not found with Tools->Update Datatbase->Remove Missing Files. I am going to try to put some safeguards in place and see if can make EJ detect when the drive is offline so when it is the files get filtered from the song listing sort of like it does with duplicate song titles.

Also on Windows 7 is is best if you do not use any compatibility mode. Install to C:\EJukebox\ and run as administrator. If you get an error during startup run EJ again and it should correct the problem automatically and finish loading.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AussieBoyDK

posted on 8-11-2010 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1. no mybe not all files. But i know theres alot of the dublicates same quality and so fort. In addition to this, is there any way to make the database folders scanned, viewed as a list? So you have a list like this:

Databasefolder:
c:\mp3\
d:\downloads\
f:\mp3\
f:\music videos\

I only want this so I know that these are the only folders the jukeboks can use. I accidently added a folder with very private videoes, which has NO music relation what so ever:)

2: Cant the 3d shelf spin by it self? Looks way cooler that way than when deactivated as you surgested:)

3: On my phone I have to scroll both up and down (which is as it should be) and sideways (which I would like to know how to edit)

5: The rating worked after I stopped running coptability mode:)

New question:
Is it posible to have the carrousele show every singel album spinning or does that take up to many ressources? (I know I can se the albums by selecting "album" in the top)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats