Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Carousel
Wonder57

posted on 4-15-2021 at 02:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Carousel

Hi, based on reading a bit on this forum it looks like there is still interest in this software and due to the fact that I just stumbled upon it I seem to be many years into this project. I am converting a retired bar based Rowe/AMI wall jukebox into a basement jukebox and have checked into a couple of windows based programs and I like this format the best. The only problem is that the carousel is dead due to Adobe Flash being shut down. I can install any version of Windows onto a drive and install EJ but I've just tried it on three different Windows versions from XP to win 10 an the carousel just doesn't work, just the Flash icon. Does anyone have any suggestions? workarounds? I really want to purchase this software and use and the really cool carousel that sets this apart from all the others doesn't work. Thanks
Steve
Wonder57

posted on 4-15-2021 at 06:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Got it working but still not 100%

Man. it looks like this project was really popular and now looks almost deserted. I guess I'm years behind most but I've gotr the bug to build this jukebox so I'll at least try to reach out to see if anyone looks at this forum any more. It's a shame because from what I've seen EJ is head and shoulders better than the other offerings.

So today I dragged out another Win7 laptop and changed the date in bios and windows 2 years back to 2019 and installed the program and the carousel works nicely. Love it!
Since Im new and only running a demo it seems that the lookup for cover art is hit and miss. a couple have been found which is encouraging but overall something's amiss. When I tried to rip a CD the database lookup function is not working and I know it's a popular CD. Is there a way to specify the site that this program uses to pull the info from? Here in the States I know we use Gracenote for some services.
Finger's crossed
Steve
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats