Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Filenames with [ ] brackets cause tag issues
catatung

posted on 6-6-2010 at 12:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Filenames with [ ] brackets cause tag issues

Hi,

I've noticed a bug (and I'm testing with 5.15 at the moment). Recently I downloaded the newest Ejukebox and brought in all of my mp3's to see how it's developed in the past year or so. Right away by chance I noticed 3 tracks on a Rob Thomas album that were incorrectly listed. It shows:

"15. Rob Thomas"
"16. Rob Thomas"
"Rob Thomas"

as the TRACK NUMBER in the album listing for the last 3 tracks. The 3 files are named as follows:

15. Rob Thomas - Years From Now [Bonus Track]
16. Rob Thomas - Remembered Well [Bonus Track]
17. Rob Thomas - Little Wonder [Single]

It looks like Ejukebox is looking at the []'s as literal and parsing array pockets from the data. Perhaps the filename interpretations should have every character escaped (or at least ones that are programming interpreting characters) Maybe you can look into that and issue a fix?

Randy
catatung

posted on 6-12-2010 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also just saw a track omitted from the list and when I removed the quotes from the track name it then appeared. However there are still a couple of tracks with no special characters that seem to be missed when Ejukebox lists the tracks on the album - I haven't found any particulars as to what causes them to appear.

In the past when this happens I used to just convert to WAV and re-encode them but perhaps there is a reason and a better fix? The ones with [] and "" make sense and im sure can be fied with a little bit of code to escape certain characters in the ID3 tag info.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats