Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Kiosk mode improvements
ScAtMaN

posted on 1-11-2008 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kiosk mode improvements

Hi Audiosoft

i am currently attempting to setup a touch screen jukebox for use in my bar. After trying a lot of software I choose eJukebox and have just purchased a lifetime membership.

So onto the gripe list then :D
I will be using the software in kiosk mode almost exclusively and whilst it works well I think a few small changes could help the user experience and avoid confusion.

For instance hiding the Play/Pause Next/last buttons on the now playing screen if the user has disabled them as well as the 'menu' button. If they have no use we should hide them from the interface to avoid the nasty Locked kiosk screen.

Also do we need to have 'custom mode' or whatever just under NEXT? It reads like the next track to play is called custom mode! Can it be hiden or, for those that want it shown be in small text next to 'Autoplay' in the corner?

In the main screen we could hide the whole Tools menu, again inquisitive minds will want to click it and most of the changes they cant/should not be able to change.

Is there a way to change the layout of the home screen to show more/less information?
I would like to restrict the Top artists to only 10 to avoid lots of scrolling (this will be used on a 800x600 res touchscreen). Also maybe the font and text colour?

I personally prefer the carousel to the album view and to have the artist list always displayed. At the moment you can toggle the artist list with the artist menu button and one would assume you could toggle the Albums view in the same way. I was a little confused to find you have to click the (very small)close button on the album screen to close it otherwise it remains open all the time (replacing the carousel).
Ideally in my KIOSK mode I would like to pin the artist list out permanetly and hide the artists menu button, the Albums button and tools button from the menu.

Phew! I seem to have rambled on here a bit but I hope you can see my point that in KIOSk mode we want the user interface to be as streamlined and simply as possible, hiding dialogues and messages the user cant use or that may confuse them.

I think eJukebox is a marvelous package and if you can help to make some of these a possabilty I think you will have a winner on your hands.

Regards
Steve
ScAtMaN

posted on 1-22-2008 at 09:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any coments on the above?

Is this something that could be added easily to a forthcoming beta?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-22-2008 at 10:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ScAtMaN,

Good ideas! When I get a chance I will update eJukebox and add some new kiosk mode options to do what you suggested.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ScAtMaN

posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excellent news!

Can I be cheeky and ask when I might expect the changes to be made? Currently building a system with touchscreen and would be willing to help test.

Cheers,
S.
Ulle

posted on 3-21-2008 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
aha... thats how the carousel gets back, thanks.
- maybe the carousel needs a button like 'home'.

The more you can turn on/off, the better it is.

Maybe possiblity to turn off 'Genre', 'Year', 'Popular'

It could be very nice if some of those settings could be set in the skins config files. Then it would possible to make a kiosk/media centern skin specific how the creater wants it.
The user could then change settings, but also reset back to skin default.
just some ideas....
Fernando_ecamp

posted on 3-28-2008 at 04:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree, to have this functionallity will be greate. (very simmilar situation, I have a Bar/Pizza Shop and lifetime license) .
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fernando_ecamp's Aim
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats