Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: rip cd
jojo

posted on 12-19-2007 at 04:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Pirk, the only reason i suggested disabling UAC to jojo was so that maybe his IE7 setting would stick. Did not expect that to change the ripper.

BTW I don't think eJukebox's ripper will work on Vista if you are using Vistas default cdrom drivers because they include restrictions on digital rights and have "improved" copy protection. :(

dang Microsloth! It figures they would do something like that .....

They do like their DRM's don't they. If we could use EJ on Linux! I'd stayed with Linux and great performance..... but with all my disabilities nowadays I can't deal with that much codding and remembering anymore

Well perhaps we will figure something out. have you made the switch to the Windows sdk yet:? insteada of directX sdk? The reason I ask, they have updated quite a few things there, and moved many more over to the newer platform.

Oh, and on the Ie settings, come to think of it, I ddn't notice any difference yet. I'll have to check and see on that one.... It's been a crappy day for me, my partner's computer got a virus, he is mad at me, not speaking to me so... I've just kept plugging away until.... <ugh!> sometimes this time of year is so hard.

Edit: Turning the UAC off didn't help with the IE7 setting sticking. Still resets next time I load EJ (Odd Behavior)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-19-2007 at 02:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk, the only reason i suggested disabling UAC to jojo was so that maybe his IE7 setting would stick. Did not expect that to change the ripper.

Ah OK Audiosoft.. I better understand your suggestion now!

Quote:
BTW I don't think eJukebox's ripper will work on Vista if you are using Vistas default cdrom drivers because they include restrictions on digital rights and have "improved" copy protection. :(

They are earthed!

:cool: Pirk
Jed4570

posted on 4-14-2008 at 09:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A "Ripping" yarn

Am I right in assuming, that Vista users still cannot use the ripping facility in eJukebox?

I've tried repeatedly, with different versions/betas of eJukebox in Vista, but to no avail.

Audiosoft, are you pro-actively trying to address this? If not, I'll just keep using WMP.

TY ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-15-2008 at 08:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can someone check on Vista and see if the files MP3ENcX.dll and CDRipperX.ocx exist in the system32 folder?

If they exist then I think the only way would be to recreate the entire ripper from scratch for Vista. If that is the case: should I actively pursue Vista support? There are numerous rippers out there. I know it is nice to have it integrated but recreating for Vista would take allot of time. If i did it I would want to make it really good and would probably make it a separate program this time so I could bundle it with eJukebox and also make it available for sale as a standalone ripper. so it is a possibility.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lewisjsuk

posted on 12-29-2008 at 02:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can someone check on Vista and see if the files MP3ENcX.dll and CDRipperX.ocx exist in the system32 folder?

If they exist then I think the only way would be to recreate the entire ripper from scratch for Vista. If that is the case: should I actively pursue Vista support? There are numerous rippers out there. I know it is nice to have it integrated but recreating for Vista would take allot of time. If i did it I would want to make it really good and would probably make it a separate program this time so I could bundle it with eJukebox and also make it available for sale as a standalone ripper. so it is a possibility.

Yes they exist in the system32 folder under Vista Ultimate. I'll answer the second part of your question when I have more time, but suffice to say at the moment, I'd like to see the ripper work under Vista, so I think it's worthwhile pursuing Vista support/development of a new more feature rich ripper.

Cheers,

Scott

Jamie Scott Lewis
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-29-2008 at 08:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The new Vista Ripper is almost ready! Check back at the end of the week and should have a download for you.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats