Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I have a dumb question about the 2web setting
christian15213

eureka.gif posted on 12-3-2007 at 05:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have a dumb question about the 2web setting

I have the trial version and right now the http://XXX.xXX..XXX site it gives my is my own ip address. My stupid question is this, when I purchase it will I have a site that I can access on the internet anywhere? Just as a help this would be a great selling point to just add this in somewheres.

Thanks.. Product looks cool so far. wish my WMp11 did this on it's own. My only wish list is if this player could be more integrated with WMP and its plugins and visualizations. I>E> if have G-force and it would be o so bad if I could use it.. .
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If your firewall and router is configured right you can access 2web via your IP address from anywhere. If your IP changes all the time and you want a static link then search google for "dynamic dns". There are some free options out there to do this. When I get a chance I will integrate an option that gives users a url on audiosoft.net which links to your current 2web ip.

Also since you like G-Force I recommend that you use eJukebox with Winamp instead of WMP. Just install Winamp and the G-Force plugin and check the Tools->Options->SoundTab->Playback method->"Use Winamp" option inside eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
christian15213

posted on 12-5-2007 at 12:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, well the problem is not really my router and eqiupment rather, I am always in a different place with my lappy. I.e. at school for example I don't think the firewall or router would allow this.

Could you explain more how the dynamic dns would work and if this would solve my problem.

Lastly, so you are saying winamp will work with g-force but not with my wmp? just making sure... thanks for the response.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-5-2007 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Back to your original question ...
RE: I have the trial version and right now the http://XXX.xXX..XXX site it gives my is my own ip address. My stupid question is this, when I purchase it will I have a site that I can access on the internet anywhere?

The answer is: when you enable 2web your IP address:port# becomes "the site". You can access the site/2web interface from any other computer connected to the internet using the IP address of the computer running eJukebox.

RE: Could you explain more how the dynamic dns would work and if this would solve my problem.

Dynamic DNS gives you a permanent/non-changing http:// link to whatever your current IP address is. Since your IP address changes this can come in handy if you want a permanent url that links to whatever your current eJukebox 2web server IP address is. It works by uploading your current IP address (when your IP address changes) to a server that updates where the permanent link points.

RE: so you are saying winamp will work with g-force but not with my wmp? just making sure... thanks for the response.

g-force works with both Windows Media Player and Winamp. However, Microsoft has yet to create a programming interface to allow eJukebox to set WMP visualizations. So if you want to use g-force with eJukebox then you need to use winamp and the g-force winamp plugin. After winamp has been installed you just need to restart eJukebox and change the eJukebox Sound option to use winamp for playback once. This will give your eJukebox better performance and sound quality than with internal WMP plus you can then start/stop/configure winamp's visualization plugin (g-force) via the visualization button in eJukebox.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
christian15213

posted on 12-8-2007 at 07:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the responses. But what about if I am at school or someones elses home with firewall? will I still be able to host from my PC? My last question is how can I test to see if this works first or...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-8-2007 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If the PC running eJukebox is connected to a router then you will need to set the router's port forwarding options to forward connections to 2web port # to your PCs connection. You may also need to set the firewall software on the eJukebox PC to allow inbound/outbound connections on the 2web port #.

Then from the remote pc you just browse to your main PC's http://remote IP address:port# in internet explorer. To find out the correct IP address to use when you are connecting remotely first goto http://whatismyip.com/ while on the eJukebox pc.

christian15213

posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have a dlink 624 router and I have no idea on how to make my whatismyip address visable. When I go to the pref in ejukebox and then to the 2web setting it lists my 192.XXX.0.102 address which isn't my comcast ip address...
christian15213

posted on 12-17-2007 at 12:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I seemed to have figured out the problem

I have an ATT TILT phone made from HTC which runs WM6 and a version of ie explorer... It won't load the page onto there.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats