Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: multiple cd albums
privatejz

posted on 10-17-2007 at 03:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
multiple cd albums

i would like the option to be able to tell if an album has multiple cd's. i have a bob marley album (songs of freedom) that has 4 cd's in the album but under marley it only shows the first cd cover and only after you click on it do you see all 4. the cd's are named 'songs of freedom disc 1' , songs of freedom disc 2 etc. but they still remain in the same album. does ej ignore the disc 1 or whatever numbering convention in the album title when reading it?
i don't mind them all being under the same album but would like to see on the cover or something that tells me there is more than one cd in the album is all. I don't know if this is doable in some kind of graphic overlay on the cover in a corner or something else, i just think it would be helpful when scanning the albums.

sorry for the number of posts recently. just started really getting a hold of the ej and using it and am really loving it. thinking about getting a touch screen just for this.

thanks.

j.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2007 at 09:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Multiple albums

"...some kind of graphic overlay on the cover in a corner or something else": Good idea! I would like something like that too.

Otherwise the key for multiple albums is "disc x" or "CD x" in the album names. That prevents to have several times the same album cover displayed in the albumlist..

:cool: Pirk
crlove

posted on 10-18-2007 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
quote]Originally posted by Pirk
Otherwise the key for multiple albums is "disc x" or "CD x" in the album names. That prevents to have several times the same album cover displayed in the albumlist..

I use (CD1) (CD2) to distinguish it before the track number in the file names.
That explains why my multiple CDs are showing up as separate albums and privatejz are not.
I wish mine worked like disk 1 and disk 2 do but maybe privatejz can use (CD1) or just CD1 to get the effect they want.

Quote:
Originally posted by privatejz
i would like the option to be able to tell if an album has multiple cd's. i have a bob marley album (songs of freedom) that has 4 cd's in the album but under marley it only shows the first cd cover and only after you click on it do you see all 4. the cd's are named 'songs of freedom disc 1' , songs of freedom disc 2 etc. but they still remain in the same album. does ej ignore the disc 1 or whatever numbering convention in the album title when reading it? ..
privatejz

posted on 10-18-2007 at 04:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i actually prefer the way it is now with all the cd's under one album cover. i would just like the option to show some sort of graphic or text that tells me (or others) that there are more than one cd in the album.

see image for one quick example of what i mean. even something simpler would work.

i thought of just changing all my album covers that have multi cds but didn't want that graphic to show on the large album when a song from it was playing so i thought some sort of overlay would be best in the album view.

for what its worth.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats