Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: EJ v4.85 hangs after reinstall
naitab

posted on 8-28-2007 at 09:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJ v4.85 hangs after reinstall

I uninstalled the old version, and reinstalled v4.85. EJ will not startup, it hangs when "loading options". install v4.80, then install v.4.85 fixed the problem
Dyno Don

posted on 9-5-2007 at 12:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have the same problem. If I do a fresh install of 4.85 (or 4.86 update), and it hangs at "loading options" I had to go back to a 4.65 and let it upgrade that, on a different machine, and then copy the running 4.85 to the machine that it hangs on, and it works. There is something wrong with 4.85.

I have more problems too.

When installing in Vista, I get this MSDart failure.

After finally getting it to run, it won't start winamp, stating "active control failure "429". I have to start winamp first, then all is ok.

Also it crashes every time I rebuild. I rebuild and after the last song is loaded I hear a "ding" and it crashes. A restart still has the songs, but it crashes every time. It also gives an error every shutdown. A minute or so after closing eJ I get the "eJ has stopped working, windows will look for a solution."

This happens almost every time, and to both Vista and WinXP boxes. And, at two locations too.
Again, something is decidedly different about 4.85.

When I get it working, my Video ej is great, but it crashes all the time now.
Any ideas?
Dyno Don

posted on 9-6-2007 at 12:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
another!

A friend called last night. He just bought eJ because of my recommendation. Brand new 4.85 installation. Vista laptop. He gets the same error message as I attached above.

"msdart....."

Has eJ been certified to run on Vista?

He also gets the "crash during build"
He starts a fresh Update to the database. Somewhere along the way during the 55,000 song update, it locks up. You have to restart eJ and try again. Maybe after 3 or 4 attempts you finish and eJ has them all. Sometimes it can do the whole 55K, but mostly it is athe several lock-up shuffle. I have always accepted it, but my friend thinks the app is bad and deletes it and starts over. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

All that said, I still love eJ and would use nothing else, but Audiosoft needs bug reports... so here it is.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-6-2007 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The msdart.dll error means nothing. Is just an message "the installer" throws out when you are done installing on Win2k and Vista. Just ignore it as it doesn't mean anything bad ... everything is OK and got installed correctly.

I have noticed the database setup problem where Vista dings and eJukebox disappears after it is done adding the files. I haven't been able to track down the cause yet but I am looking into it. The good thing is that after that happens you can just run eJukebox again and all the songs will be in the database when you start up.

The only known issue were eJukebox can lock up in the middle of adding files to the database is when it encounters an empty .mp3 file such as an incomplete download or a file currently being downloaded. Wait until any .mp3 downloads are complete and delete any abandoned downloads before attempting to add files from that folder to the database.

To make the database update/add new files go faster and be more stable: temporarily disable your antivirus software to keep it from slowing hard drive access.

Also, for Vista you really should 'right click' the eJukebox shortcut and 'Run as Administrator' and/or under the shortcut's properties change the compatibility settings tab to XP to get the best results.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 9-9-2007 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It isn't just Vista that dings. My XP Pro Video jukebox does that. Even if I scan for no songs at all, after the scan it dings and quits.

I also have it give an error after quitting. It takes about a minute after quitting ej and this pops up. Any ideas? Anything I can test to see if we can fix it. We have two doing this on shutdown. XP Pro SP2 and XP Home SP2. Both...
neilneil72

posted on 8-16-2009 at 10:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any updates on this? as I'm having the same problems.

Even tried updating to the latest .94 version and still constantly getting the "ejukebox has stopped working" message when loading up.

I've disabled anti-virus, cleared out empty mp3s, runs as administrator, and even turned off User-Account control, but still giving me the same issue.

I signed up for the 1 year licence, and to date, am getting very little benefit from this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-17-2009 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
what does the eJukebox startup screen progress message say when you get the "ejukebox has stopped working" message?

its a good idea to make sure ejukebox gets at least a few songs on first time database setup. and KLite Codec Pack from codecguide.com should be installed if you want to play all extensions.

If anyone gets the "ejukebox has stopped working" during startup or operation let me know what ejukebox about to do at the time and any other relevant specs or info.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats