Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Importin songs into version 4.8
Doffie

shocked.gif posted on 7-25-2007 at 12:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Importin songs into version 4.8

Hi Audiosoft,

I just did a fresh install of version 4.8 on Vista and have imported my MP3's.
Something strange appeares to have happened.
When I scroll through the artist list on the left hand scroll bar occasionally I come across an artist that has a bogus duplicated name. It appears in the following format.
Artist/artist/artist/artist/artist. "Artist"being the full name of the artist.
I thought it was perhaps it was the id file so I edited it - shut down ejukebox and restarted. It now still lists the bogus artist name but there are no songs, but a previous artist that did not have this issue now seems to be duplicated in the same format.
In my case the first artist was Venessa Mae, I edited these tags using your editor and restarted. Vanessa mae/Vanessa mae/vanessa Mae etc.. still exists with no songs but now Nirvana is now appearing with Nirvana/nirvana/nirvana

At a loss here..am I doing something wrong. THis did not happen in 4.7

Thanks

Doffie
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-25-2007 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You are only noticing those artist now because before v4.80 those artist names would not wrap in the artistlist...they would run offscreen. The problem is in the artist field tag in the original mp3 file. Do like you did and rename the artists using the eJukebox editor then...

After editing the artist name you will need to refresh the artistlist to see the change there. To refresh it change the first Select Box option at the top of the artist list and then change it back if needed. I will add a refresh button to the artist list so this is easier with the next update.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doffie

posted on 7-25-2007 at 08:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

This semi resolved it.
For some reasom with one artist (so far), after I edited the ID tag and did the refresh as you instructed, once the refresh is complete the artist still appears in the artist list in the artist/artist/artist format. When I click on it - it shows no songs.
Its not a major.. but its wierd.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats