Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Easiest way to transfer EVERYTHING
drewster98

posted on 5-9-2007 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Easiest way to transfer EVERYTHING

I built my jukebox pc with spare pc parts and it seems like I'm about to pay for it. The used hard drive I had laying around is about to die. I can hear it clicking once in awhile and it actually shut off the other day with the computer still running. I purchased a new fast hard drive and I plan on throwing that in the machine. My question is, how the heck do I transfer eJukebox from the old hard drive to the new hard drive. The jukebox machine is on a wireless network and I am able to transfer files between the juke and my main pc. If I transfer c:\program_files\ejukebox to my other computer, install the new hard drive, and then copy it back, will that save all settings such as album covers and such?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-10-2007 at 03:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Basically you just need to do a full install on the new system drive once then copy ejukebox.ini, ejuke.asn and db.m3u from the old drive to C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ on the new drive. Everything will be exactly the same as long as the file paths to the songs are the same. If the music files are at different locations you will need to rebuild the eJukebox database. Rebuilding automatically restores all data (only for mp3 files) including cover art and pick counts from data stored in the id3 tag.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
drewster98

posted on 5-20-2007 at 07:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I went ahead and did the transfer today. Everything seems to be working perfectly and nothing disappeared. The only problem I have is that the program seems to be registered but doesn't say who it is registered to anymore when you first start the program. Should I be concerned?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats