Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Albums disappearing?
drewster98

posted on 4-30-2007 at 12:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Albums disappearing?

I'm not sure what I did but on the "Albums" screen where it lists all your albums w/covers I used to have roughly 300 albums listed there. I have no idea what I did but now it only shows 112. I've tried everything to get them back. I've rebuilt the database, i've messed around with the "options" tab, and they just don't come up anymore. The artists are still listed under the artists tab. I'm not sure if I'm explaining my problem correctly but I just want all my albums w/covers listed again.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-30-2007 at 09:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Under the Album List "Options" button locate "Containing Cover Art with at least X Songs". Change whatever you have for X to 2 or 1 and also check "Show Compilations" then Refresh the album list.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SimonC

posted on 4-30-2007 at 04:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am having exactly the same problems.

I have around 600 albums and only 418 showing in album view.

All of the options are set correctly, all albums edited correctly and with album art.
If I click on the artist, it will show all albums including album art in the carousel and in the artist view.
Go back to album view and a lt don't appear.

I have tried the following:

1 - Look for missing album art will show some of the missing albums, but they will vanish again when you refresh album art.
2 - deleted the album, refreshed the database, ripped the cd again and downloaded the album art again (Both auto and manually) - still will not show in album view.
3 - Uninstalled E-Jukebox, deleted remaining files folders in E-Jukebox, deleted reg entries, rebooted, re-installed E-Jukebox and freshly imported all songs. Album view still only showing 418 albums - lots missing!

Help!!! ..................
drewster98

posted on 4-30-2007 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I already have the settings you suggested on. I basically have the exact same problem as SimonC. Album art pops up when you search for missing album art but then doesn't show up when you refresh.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-30-2007 at 10:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you sure you are actually missing albums in the list or could it be that when you do the lookup the count is not totally accurate? Understand that when you do the lookup it does not combine multidisc albums like when you hit refresh....so the count will always be higher for the lookup. If you can give me one album that is not showing up (artist and album name) after you refresh I will look into it some more.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SimonC

posted on 4-30-2007 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think I may have found the answer.

I have problems with the cd ripper in E-Jukebox often not finding track names for long cd's (usually 16 tracks plus) so I use iTunes to rip and import.

I imported a number of "Best of" titles, which meant that a number of albums had the same name ........ i.e folder had track1 - artist a, track 1 -artist b ...... etc

When I separated the artist and renamed the album, the problem disappeared. So "Best of " was renamed to "Best of Free", "Best of Weather Report" etc.....

All ok now!

BTW Audiosoft, why does the cd ripper struggle with long albums? ...... or is it just me?? - LOL!

drewster98

posted on 5-1-2007 at 12:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still isn't solving my problem. I just lost 2/3 of my albums again. I had it up to 360 and now I'm down to 118. The albums I'm missing only contain one or two songs btw, if that helps. These are also part of a compilation album. I basically downloaded the Billboards top 100 songs of every year from 1950-2004. After each song plays it loads the songs album cover without a problem. But if I close the program and run it again its no longer in the album list.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-1-2007 at 03:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

The albums I'm missing only contain one or two songs btw, if that helps.

drewster98,

Albums with only 1 song do not get displayed in the album list unless you go under the Album List "Options" button and enter 1 for "Containing Cover Art with at least 1 Songs". Then refresh the album list. Let me know if it is still a problem when that value is set to 1.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats