Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: "Show Artists With 7 Songs" What's This?
ollielaroo

posted on 4-21-2007 at 07:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Show Artists With 7 Songs" What's This?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get my head around this "Show Artists With 7 Songs".

I am assuming this means exactly what it says, but

when I refresh my 'Album List' the list starts with 01 and the Album Images for 01, then it Lists 02 and some Album Images. OK but When I scroll down I have to pass a long list of 01 01 01 01 01 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 03 03 03 03 03 03 03..... etc... 19 19 19 19 19 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20

......like this until I keep scrolling down to the first 'A' Album list. Is this meant to be or can I change this look so that when I select 'Album List' I get the 'A' Album images at the top, straight away.

If anyone knows what I mean, can they please help?

Keep up the good work Audiosoft!

ollielaroo

ollielaroo has attached this image:
albumlist.JPG - 47.73kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-21-2007 at 09:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The 'Show Artists With X Songs' option only deals with the artist list and makes it only show the artist name when there are X songs or more by the artist in the database. For the album list equivalent you can change the 'cover art with at least x songs' under the album list 'Options' button.

The 01 02 03 etc is showing up because some of your songs currently have the artist name as 01, 02, 03, etc. To correct this you can edit those songs with the eJukebox editor and delete them (from eJukebox) or rename them to the actual artist names. Start by clicking the 01 in the album list to show all songs with the artist 01..now right click the first song name title in the songlist and Edit the song. In the eJukebox song editor look at the filepath or play the preview and figure out the correct artist. Then rename the artist or delete the file from eJukebox. Then refresh your artist and album lists and the 01's will be gone.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ollielaroo

posted on 4-23-2007 at 08:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft and thanks for the quick response.

Your answer is very clear but I am still confused.....

Before I started using eJukebox my ID tags were not that clean. I understand now that most media players and mp3 Jukeboxes will read the ID tag inside the mp3. I have now learned to keep my ID tags as clean as possible ie.
Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Track No. Track Name.

In Windows Explorer, for the file name I use '01 - Song title.mp3'
In the ID tag, I obviously only use 'Song title'

These days I am constantly and painfully checking my ID Tags to make sure they don't contain any UNICODE (advised by Pirk) or any eJukebox un-friendly characters.

This is where my confusion lies..
None of my Artists' names have the name as 01, 02, 03, etc.
and, only certain artists are affected by this.
As you suggested - I've examined these files in the eJukebox song editor and strangely it shows 01, 02, 03, etc. as the Artist name (for some - not all).
I am comparing my eJukebox settings to my actual mp3 files and observing for any obvious pattern(s) that might cause this to happen but nothing is jumping out at me. I have rebuilt the database a few times already and am considering a clean re-install of eJukebox.

I just can't see what's going on!

ollielaroo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-23-2007 at 09:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If the artist name in not in the mp3 tag and the file is named 01 - Song title.mp3 eJukebox will not get the artist when you build the music database. To correct this; you can edit those songs in eJukebox and it will save the artist name you enter in the mp3 tag or you can rename those files as track - artist - title.xxx or artist - title.xxx and then rebuild the database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ollielaroo

posted on 4-23-2007 at 10:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry Audiosoft...

....but none of my mp3's are missing Artist names or have those numbered Artist names. I will come back to you on this.

Thanks again. ollielaroo
ollielaroo

posted on 4-23-2007 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,

I had to re-install and that's done the trick. Sorry to put you through that. My .asn file is now down to half the size it was, now 134MB. :-)

Don't take offense, eJukebox is brilliant! but I'm wondering are there any future plans to provide an option to remove/hide some of the items from the Menu at the top, while in Kiosk mode? eg: could I take out 'Home' and 'Tools'?

Keep up the good work Audiosoft!

ollielaroo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats