Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eJukebox v4.3 Beta 8
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-10-2007 at 02:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v4.3 Beta 8

Beta 7 Updates:

-Winamp is 'No Longer Required'
-New 'Playback Method' option on Sound Tab. Allows you to select Windows Media Player (internal) or Winamp (external) for eJukebox playback.
-Winamp still recommended and is used by default the first time eJukebox is run if winamp is found; otherwise windows media player is used inside of eJukebox instead of prompting to install winamp.

Beta 8 Updates:

-Fixed various issues with the new internal media player
-Added Preview Function. Right Click play icon in the songlist to preview.

Please test this version out and let me know if you run into any problems when running without winamp. Right now the Internet Radio links do not work but windows media can play shoutcast so it should be possible to get that working. Also visualizations don't work but there may be a way to use microsoft's visualizations...i am not sure yet.

Note: BETA 9 is now available

Beta 6 is still available for download in case you need to revert back since I am not sure what will happen if you don't have the right WMP installed. Hopefully you can just toggle the Sound Tab option to use Winamp if you have a problem. Regardless please let me know what happens.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Harry216

posted on 3-10-2007 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello,

on my PC (Windows Vista) WMP play the musik.

I have a problem since i installed Vista. The Next Button has no funktion. The previous, pause and play are ok. The problem is with the winamp and WMP player.

When you now can play on two players is it possible to play with two players on two soundcards for a pre listening funktion in Kiosk Mode?
I youse the ejukebox on private partys and the guest can choose the musik. Many of them will hear the musik before they do it in the playlist.
With Winamp you can choose in the settings wich soundcard winamp will take to play musik. So WMP will play on Sondcard 1 and Winamp on Soundcard 2. For Pre listening the mp3 file the right mouse button will click and then chose pre listening.

Regards,
Harry216
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-10-2007 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

The Next Button has no funktion.

The Keyboard >> button or inside eJukebox?
Do you see a song under Up Next?

Quote:

So WMP will play on Sondcard 1 and Winamp on Soundcard 2

When I do add a preview function it will use WMP. The main eJukebox audio will be played by Winamp or WMP (your choice like with beta 7). Then you can configure winamp/wmp on your own to use different sound cards if you would like.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Harry216

posted on 3-10-2007 at 03:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i use the button inside of the ejukebos.

I have a complete album in playlist.
In playlist of winamp i only see 1 song. before i had vista ( Windows XP) I had 2 songs in winamp playlist.

When i press in ejukebox in playlist the titel of the next song it will change musik. when i did it not the song will repeat.

That you will put the pre listening funktion on beta 7 is great.

thank you.
rllercstr7

posted on 3-10-2007 at 04:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just FYI Audiosoft, I have 2 sound cards and it works the same on XP since winamp allows you to choose which card to play the sound with. It is not just a Vista function.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2007 at 07:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have the same problem than Harry216, the "Next song" button on eJukebox doesn't work correctly: when I hit this button the song changes but ONLY in the Popularity area, not in the NP panel. In Playlist mode the button is totally ineffective.
The Forward function doesn't work at all, even though the Rewind/Previous song button works good.

All that on Windows Vista..

Otherwise I hope it will be possible to adjust the Media Player sound output: equalizer, sound effects... if not I prefer to keep Winamp.

NB: I'm greatly interested by a prelistening function directly from the eJukebox songlist! That would be a awesome feature!! :o

Thanks Audiosoft!

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 07:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 8 is up top. It fixes a bunch of issues with the playback methods. If something doesn't work be specific as possible when reporting..letting me know if you are using it with winamp or the internal player when the problem occurs.

Beta 8 also adds the Preview ability as requested. Just right click the play icon in the songlist to preview. You can also resize the Preview window or double click it to go fullscreen which is useful for previewing video files.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 10:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow! we are going to a eJukebox Media Player! The preview seems to work good.
That would be great if you could add a option in order it first pause the main player, then preview song, and finally play again the now playing song.

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 10:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Yeah I will have to add an option to pause the main playback when previewing because not everyone has 2 sound cards for private previewing.

What about the Next button? Is it still a problem for you in beta 8?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 10:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Concerning the Next button with the internal player and Beta8:
Now it works good, I can jump to the next song. I can also forward (or rewind) a song, BUT while I use this feature the sound becomes jerky. That is not the case when I use Winamp as external player.
Note that I play the sound via a Remote Desktop Connection, maybe that can influence?

Besides, it seems the internal player can't read MPC files..

Also the sound in Winamp is A LOT better thanks to a good output plugin. I don't know if this plugin (Octimax) exists for media player?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 11:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The FF and REV is jerky with Media Player I agree. It just isn't as fast as Winamp at changing position. I noticed it is allot worse on Vista for some reason too.

At least it works pretty good out of the box for mp3 support for new users that don't have winamp and don't want to install it. I will try to get it to work as good as possible but winamp will always be best for the main audio. It is just nice that I no longer need to list Winamp as a requirement. Hopefully I will be able to get v4.3 final out to everyone sometime this week.

Quote:

internal player can't read MPC files..

I could be wrong but their probably is a codec you can install to get that to work with WMP.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 11:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sure that Winamp is best! But I understand media player will give you a "apparently independent" jukebox for new users..

OK for the possible MPC plugin for media player, I'll search..

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 02:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Yeah I will have to add an option to pause the main playback when previewing because not everyone has 2 sound cards for private previewing.

You know I'm longing for a such option since a long time.. :) With some fade in/out effects that would be awesome! :o

Harry216

posted on 3-11-2007 at 02:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello,

in Vista ejukebox beta 8 works better but not perfect.

The next button works 2 times then i must first click on a titel in the playlist than it works 2 times ....

The cd cover is not shown in the play window only the blank cd picture...
over cd cover stand

1. the stars for rating
2. the artist - titel (with yellow back ground)
3. Internet Radio
4. Internet Radio
5. blank cd picture

is it possible that the funktion for prelistening is in kiosk mode too?
Is it possible that the player for prelistening is hidden and the musik begins 10 seconds after beginning or in the midlle of the musik?

Thank You,
Harry216
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 02:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Harry216
Is it possible that the player for prelistening is hidden and the musik begins 10 seconds after beginning or in the midlle

Hi Harry!

I agree, that's a very good idea!! If the player for prelistening could be optionally hidden and the music begins 20 seconds after beginning.. Adding a fade in effect, previewing during maybe 20 seconds, then fade out before to return to the main player.. that would be fantastic!

rllercstr7

posted on 3-11-2007 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk for crossfades this (http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/files/out_sqr175.zip) program works very well. It is just a winamp plugin, that what I love about using winamp. It also kills any gaps in between the begining/end of songs. Give it a try!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 04:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for your reply rllercstr7, I already know the sqrsoft plugin.. I talk about fade in/out effects between the Now playing song and the previewing player which are 2 different players or at least 2 instances of a same player. In fact that already works a bit like that when you play a song in the eJukebox editor while you are listenning your music in the eJukebox main interface. I hope Audiosoft will combine things so that we get a (optionnal) automatic previewing mode.. That's one of my very old feature requests!

rllercstr7

posted on 3-11-2007 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft everything works great on my end! One little issue with the song preview i came across though. If I use winamp as my default playback application I have to set it to use an alternate souncard other than my default one, because windows media player will only use the default card. So I have some headphones plugged into the default soundcard and my 5.1 system in my alternate card which Winamp is using for playback. All is good right, almost. When I go to use other applications all my Windows sounds, audio from power dvd etc are now comming out of the headphones since they are plugged into my PCs default card instead of my speakers, ahhh.

There is a way to fix this though, because Winamp allows multiple instances. Have the preview also play in winamp, but left the user specify which card to use for the preview in eJukebox's options so it can tell winamp which one to use. This way Winamp can be used for default playback. If not, to use this feature you would have to use WMP (thats really not good because none of the winamp plugins would be usable) as the default player so it plays eJukebox's main sound out of the same main sound system as every other application. Two instances of Winamp each specifying a different card for output for the sound is logical.

One other possible method. Have an option for eJukebox to change the sound card default when it opens and set it back when it is closed. So the default card in Windows with the main speaker system is set to the alternate and the one with the headphones or whatever is set to default. Hence wmp will play the preview out of the default card with the heaphones, and we can tell Winamp to play out of the card which the main speakers are connected to. Everything is perfect and when eJukebox is closed my other applications will again play out of the main speakers because eJukebox has changed the soundcard defaults back again. This could prove easier than the first method since wmp is already setup as the player for the preview.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7, I've just tried again the sqrsoft plugin.. and I see that it has been improved! So now I use it in combination with Octimax, my favorite DSP plugin.. Thanks a lot! ;)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7
Audiosoft everything works great on my end! One little issue with the song preview i came across though. If I use winamp as my default playback application I have to set it to use an alternate souncard other than my default one, because windows media player will only use the default card. So I have some headphones plugged into the default soundcard and my 5.1 system in my alternate card which Winamp is using for playback. All is good right, almost. When I go to use other applications all my Windows sounds, audio from power dvd etc are now comming out of the headphones since they are plugged into my PCs default card instead of my speakers, ahhh.

There is a way to fix this though, because Winamp allows multiple instances. Have the preview also play in winamp, but left the user specify which card to use for the preview in eJukebox's options so it can tell winamp which one to use. This way Winamp can be used for default playback. If not, to use this feature you would have to use WMP (thats really not good because none of the winamp plugins would be usable) as the default player so it plays eJukebox's main sound out of the same main sound system as every other application. Two instances of Winamp each specifying a different card for output for the sound is logical.

One other possible method. Have an option for eJukebox to change the sound card default when it opens and set it back when it is closed. So the default card in Windows with the main speaker system is set to the alternate and the one with the headphones or whatever is set to default. Hence wmp will play the preview out of the default card with the heaphones, and we can tell Winamp to play out of the card which the main speakers are connected to. Everything is perfect and when eJukebox is closed my other applications will again play out of the main speakers because eJukebox has changed the soundcard defaults back again. This could prove easier than the first method since wmp is already setup as the player for the preview.

That's a nice long speech, rllercstr7! :D

rllercstr7

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, I know I hope your not thoroughly confused :P
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Have you tried the last version of my skin: eJ Crimson 2 ? :P

rllercstr7

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Its on my list and I will let you know what I think today Pirk. It is wonderful and you are doing a great job with it.

As for hiding the player controlls for the preview what if you put a little button right by the current controls when the button is depressed the controlls will control the preview. When the button is not depressed the controlls work like normal!

We need eJukebox chat, all these replies within a few minutes! lol
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2007 at 05:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK thanks rllercstr7, I wait for your critique! ;)

A small button to allow current controls for preview? Well, why not, I don't know..

Harry216

posted on 3-11-2007 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello,

I think to controll the preview funktion you need no new buttons. left click on mouse on available buttons (volume, pause etc.) normal funktion, right click on mouse preview funktions.

Harry216
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2007 at 06:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Regarding using the main controls for the preview. I don't know. Don't you think using the same controls when it shows the main song above it would be confusing?

So far I have updated it (for beta 9) so that the preview window loads up at the bottom right corner of eJukebox and no longer steals focus from eJukebox when right clicking to preview (that way the mouse scroll wheel still works over the songlist). Also, I am considering adding the various preview options discussed.

Quote:

There is a way to fix this though, because Winamp allows multiple instances.

rllercstr7,

The problem is...it is only possible for eJukebox to use the winamp window that last had focus...so when you focus the winamp preview eJukebox would instantly load its song into the main now playing. You can try multiple instances of winamp now and see how that is an unsolvable problem. eJukebox can control unlimited windows media player windows but can use only 1 winamp. Maybe there is a WMP plugin/Audio DSP you can install that will let you use the other soundcard: http://www.wmplugins.com/

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-12-2007 at 12:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Regarding using the main controls for the preview. I don't know. Don't you think using the same controls when it shows the main song above it would be confusing?
I agree.. I think that would be confusing.

RE: Also, I am considering adding the various preview options discussed.
I'm impatient to try the auto-preview mode on a single soundcard.. :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-12-2007 at 12:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for this new beta Audiosoft!
I haved not noticed any problem with eJukebox and Winamp in Vista, but that seems to work good with your beta 9 too.

The preview improves!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2007 at 12:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah eJukebox was working fine for me too on Vista with Winamp. Then I reinstalled Winamp and got the same problem with internet radio and showing the wrong current song that a couple of members reported. I even tried older versions of Winamp and it still was messed up.

I managed to figure out that sometimes Vista decides to move the winamp.m3u out of the winamp folder to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\. So what I did is make eJukebox check in the winamp folder first then if that does not exist it looks in the user's AppData folder. So Beta 9 should fix the problem for good and make eJukebox always sync up with winamp properly.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-12-2007 at 12:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, probably that will prevent future problems for me too.. Thanks.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats