Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Blank Song coming up next
Dyno Don

posted on 2-26-2007 at 07:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Blank Song coming up next

Audiosoft, I have a strange bug/problem. I load up eJ and pick ten songs. I randomize them and they all go away and it leaves a blank blue box with blank cd picture. No other songs in the list. If I add more and randomize, they go away too. If you let it play, it stops when the now playing song finishes.
I have tried everything. Fresh installs, fresh winamps, etc. I just relaoded a PC with it's factory install of XP, did the MS updates, and installed a fresh winamp2.9 ( I have tried many), fresh eJ 4.2, nothing else running, not even A AntiVirus. It still does it. I also have a very hard time getting it to go thru the whole 55k files doing a refresh with out eJ crashing several times. I have to restart it and have it add more mp3s until it has them all.

Thanks for any advice.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-27-2007 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do you have all the mp3s on an external drive? The only reason it would ever remove songs from the playlist is if the song file can't be found at the song's file path when the database was built.

Try manually updating your ejukebox.exe file to v4.3 beta2 as it fixes a resource leak that may have been causing you problems. You can download that from the follow link in the 6th post down:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2033

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 2-27-2007 at 04:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I installed the beta. This time all 55k songs loaded up with no crashes. But the problem is still there. I wish I could figure out how to post an image. It says enter the URL. I don't have a URL . Just a jpeg on the desktop. How do I upload it and imbed it?

I can have 100 songs in the jukebox. All is well. We randomize and all songs disappear and I have a blank blue box where the upcoming song would be with the blank cd image on the left, not right when there really is a song there. If I right click the blue empty box, nothing is there. If I add more tunes while the empty blue box is showing up next, they add ok, but the jukebox still stops when it is time for the next up song. If I randomize when the empty blue box shows, it removes all the songs, just leaving the empty blue box. If it runs and no empty blue box is showing everything works fine, until someone adds more tunes, and randomizes. The blue box appears, and all tunes in the playlist are removed. Usually randomizing puts the last song first (random?) I thought it might be that song. No, it changes and the song itself plays fine in eJ when picked individually. Any problems with 55k songs? The problem seems to have started when we went from 33 to 55k.

Thanks,

Don
Dyno Don

posted on 2-27-2007 at 04:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1 additional question. I have some top hits collections. Like the best of 1977. It has over 100 tunes in it. I made it a compilation and used the same cover for all 100+ tunes. Any problem with huge compilations?

Thanks!

Don
Fishy

posted on 2-27-2007 at 05:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno don: Regular mp3's? Or may they be mpc files or something that requires a specific decoder for winamp?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Dyno Don

posted on 2-27-2007 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

All regular MP3s. No wavs, wmas etc. I am leaning toward the compilation question. It has run for over an hour now with no blue box appearance...but I left out the "by Year" compilations.

Testing continues. Tonight is my night for all my friends to come by for pool. They really like the audio jukebox with it's new added tunes. They are leaving the video jukebox alone.. But if 5 guys take the time to add a few songs each and then they disappear.... Back to videos!

Thanks for responding!

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-27-2007 at 09:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I don't have a URL . Just a jpeg on the desktop. How do I upload it and imbed it?

All you have to do is Click the 'Browse...' button to attach the image from your desktop when you are creating a post. That will upload the image to the forums. The Image button is just to show an image in a post if it is already uploaded somewhere and available at a web URL.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-27-2007 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don,

I have fixed the problem with the playlist Menu's randomize and sorting methods where it would break if it encountered any of the songs after the 32,767th added to the database. It should work good now. Let me know how it goes.

The v4.3 beta 3 download is at:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2036&page=1#pid75968

Dyno Don

thumbup.gif posted on 2-28-2007 at 02:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ta Da!!!!

That did it! I am glad I mentioned going above 31k tunes.
I kept looking at the tunes I added, like there was something wrong with them. But it was the fact that it was over a certain limit. The guys were afraid to really take time and add tunes last night, but we did stay over 10 in the playlist and randomized constantly.
It seems good.

Thanks so much Audiosoft, for your quick response and fix!

PS. Oh, THAT browse button..... I will do it next time, no need to attach the pic , now that it is fixed!

Don
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats