Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: CD ripper 3.18/3.2: Bug Report and feature requests
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-27-2003 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CD ripper 3.18/3.2: Bug Report and feature requests

The folders and files names based on ID3 Tags are correctly created according to my preset, execpted that I would prefer the ripper keep the leading zeros for the tracks numbers in the file names: "01 song.mp3" instead of "1 song.mp3", because that preserve the normal audio tracks order in file managers like Tag&Rename or others.

Although a cover image is found by the automatic lookup of the CD ripper, after the ripping there isn't any image in the mp3s created.
[Edited]
Oups, excuse me, it's true that is deliberate. I know looked up images are only stored in the database...
...But precisely there is neither any image in the eJ database!
[End edit]

When the ripping stage is finished and after I have chose to see the new ripped songs in eJukebox, the songlist remain empty. It is necessary to open the special menu "newest songs" to see them, without any image(!)

Also that would be great if the ripper keep the CDDB datas of already inserted CDs in a dedicated directory.

Thanks,
Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Moreover, if I rip a CD with a LOCAL cover image, then Tag&Rename detect an image in ripped mp3s, BUT IT ISN'T VISIBLE WITH THE TAG&RENAME ID3v2 Tag editor.
I think there is still a problem with the ID3 images. I hope that is not a corruption of the files, but it's not normal that the ID3 images put with the eJ editor or the CD ripper can't be viewed in Tag & Rename.

Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-27-2003 at 09:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Another little bug I have noticed:
If you have a slash (that must also be the case with a backslash) inside a song title, then a new unwanted subfolder is created only for that song. It's a bit annoying because some songs, artists or albums titles can contains some slashs.
I think you should to replace the slashs and backslashs found inside the tags themselves by spaces into the file names, but to keep them in the ID3 tags.

I hope to help,
Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the CD ripper (3.2) which now store the CDDB info.
However I notice CDDB info are only restored if the ripper stay open and only for the last CD. I would like it remember several CDs info, even after I have closed the ripper or eJukebox. Because when I have a group of CDs to rip, I would like to download the CDDB info of each CD at once when my Internet connection is open, and after to rip each CD out of connection.

Also, often I would like to be able to correct the CDDB info for the artist name. The thing is at this moment the button "Set artist for all track" is removed. Could you keep this button active after the CDDB look up?

Thanks,
Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

We will eventually have it remember every CDDB lookup.

What enabling the new option really does is start up the cd ripper hidden on eJukebox statup...then when you close the open ripper it just hides the window rather than outright closing it like before. Thus allowing it to automatically detect when a new cd is inserted and then automatically become visible.

Also the "Set artist for all track" and Compilation checkbox only shows up on the Ripper if the CDDB lookup fails to find a matching disc.
When the CDDB info is successfully found; do you still find yourself wanting to rename the artist?

The track numbers will be in 2 digit format (i.e 01) in the next version.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-5-2003 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

We will eventually have it remember every CDDB lookup.

I am impatient this eventuality becomes a reality!
But why do you says "eventually"?

Quote:

What enabling the new option really does is start up the cd ripper hidden on eJukebox statup...

Ah, OK I understand the trick.

Quote:

When the CDDB info is successfully found; do you still find yourself wanting to rename the artist?

Possibly yes, because often I modify the artist looked up name like this:
The Rolling Stones --> Rolling stones
Higelin --> Higelin, Jacques
etc...

Quote:

The track numbers will be in 2 digit format (i.e 01) in the next version

Good news, thank you!

Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-5-2003 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And concerning the bugs:
-slash inside the tags
-images invisible in Tag & Rename (WHY???)
A correction is also planned soon?

Thanks,
Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-5-2003 at 11:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As you probably know, when you use the cover that is automatically looked up - the image is not stored in the tag.

I have no idea why the images are not showing in Tag&Rename when you manually add them to the tag using the Ripper. I can verify that the images are infact being saved inside the tag and that eJukebox is able to read the saved images out of the tag. The only thing I can think of is the image you added is too large for Tag&Rename to handle.
Quote:

I am impatient this eventuality becomes a reality! But why do you says "eventually"?

The reason I say “eventually” is because there are many things in the works right now and remembering old cddb lookups is really not a huge priority as most people don't have to disconnect from the net like you. I would do it right now if was easy, or if we had a bunch of programmers, but unfortunately having it remember all the track names as well as the other cddb values for each cd is not that simple. We are going to have to create a new way to store the cddb data locally and then have it recognize when it should use the local data rather than lookup data. I feel that right now we should devote more time to more pertinent issues such as the 5 star rating system as well as allot of other user suggestions. So all I can say right now is that we will get to it eventually, hopefully we will have some time to work on it in a few weeks.

For the next version (after v3.2)... In addition to the track number now having 2 digit formatting, I have made it so the CD Ripper's "Set Artist For All Tracks" Button is always visible.

I have also fixed the problem with slashes in the CD Ripper CDDB values causing extra folders to be created. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Slashes in the CDDB values will now automatically be replaced with a dash character because windows folder/files names cannot contain slashes. However, the slashes will remain intact for the ID3 tags.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-6-2003 at 11:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you very much to give me further information.
I understand there are some things to do first before to work on CDDB remembering. I hope you will do that one day because in my out-of-the-way country they are not ready to give me a fast and permanent connection at a reasonable price!
Thanks so for the 2 digits format, the "Set Artist For All Tracks" button always visible and for the slashes fixed in file names!

Concercing local ID3 images not visible in Tag & Rename, I have this problem EVEN with 27Ko images. I think it's not too large.
If you put a local jpeg image inside one of your mp3s, are you able to see it in Tag & Rename? I am the only one who have this problem?
If you want, I'm ready to send you one of my mp3s or an image to make some tests.

Thanks,
Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-6-2003 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Others problems with reserved print in the CDDB info (CD ripper 3.21):

I have noticed if a CDDB info contain a ? then the ripper extract the file in less 1 second and an empty song is created in the eJukebox database.
So I have tried all the others print known as reserved *:"<>| (excepted the slashes already fixed). All of them end in the same result: extraction skipped and a empty file created in the database, excepted for the print : for which the extraction seems to take place normally, but at the end eJukebox crash!

Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-6-2003 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Database crash:

Amazing, on deleting after my tests using the editor some empty songs created by the ripper issues, that TOTALLY EMPTY my database, bye bye! 0 song, 0 album, 0 artist...
This is the first time happen something that result in the loss of the database. But don't worry about it, I go to rebuild it. Fortunately all is inside mp3s!
...After a little long rebuilding time, I have recover all the data INTACT, phew!

Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-7-2003 at 01:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Default file names:

Audiosoft,

During my tests of the CD ripper (3.21) it have created some empty folders I can't delete from Windows explorer. I wouldn't to risk a crash of my hard-drive :(.
In order to prevent this kind of issue I think you could (when you will have enough time :D):
-To take care of the others system reserved print :*?<>| possibly found in CDDB info and change it in others non-reserved print in file names. Maybe you could simply put some blank spaces instead.
-To place some default names for track titles in the ripper window (default value for the file names AND also for the title ID3 tags) when a CD without CDDB info is loaded, i.e. Track 01, Track 02...
-To plan some default names for artist, album, genre and year fields. When a CD is loaded, let the boxs blank in the ripper window, but plan inside the program some default names like "artist", "album", "genre", "year" for the file names themselves (not for the ID3 Tags).

In this way, in case of some or even none CDDB info are filled, the CD can nevertheless be ripped whitout cause some error in the Windows file system or that some strange indelible folders be created. Also, that should prevent any crash of the database.

It's clear in my mind (well I hope...lol). But in spite of my bad english, I hope you will understand my explanations...

Thanks,
:) Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-7-2003 at 04:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Restoration of the main window:

While I am ripping a CD, if I reduce the eJukebox main window, then I can't restore it again from the task bar.
And when the extraction is done, although I choose "view extracted tracks in eJukebox" the window of the main program remain invisible. All I can do is to close eJukebox!
Could you fixe that?

Thanks,
Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-7-2003 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Case fixing:

eJukebox automatically perform case fixing when a newly ripped CD is imported in the database.
Could you turn this optional like for a classical database update?
Because my french CDs don't need to be capitalized.

Thanks,
Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-10-2003 at 08:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for invalid file name characters fixed so rapidly.
Optional Case Fixing for imported CDs is also planned for a future release?

Thanks,
Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats