Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Installing Ejukebox on my new PC
Cowboy

posted on 12-6-2006 at 02:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Installing Ejukebox on my new PC

I just got the fedex tracking number for my new PC. When I transfer my music, and install Ejukebox, is there a way to preserve the play counts and star ratings?

Thanks
CiXel

posted on 12-6-2006 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure if you copy over your ejuke.asn file from the main EJ directory it will preserve your database.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-6-2006 at 05:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cowboy,

eJukebox stores the play count and star rating inside each mp3 file. So even if you don't transfer the ejuke.asn and db.m3u files to the new computer it will automatically restore all the data (for .mp3 files only) if you setup the eJukebox database fresh on the new PC.

However, it is a good idea to transfer those 2 files anyways since the database contains some permanent image data for eJukebox looked up cover images that would otherwise need to be automatically re-downloaded from the net while using on the new pc.

Regardless, you will need to rebuild the eJukebox database if your music files are not at the same file path on the new PC. The best thing to do would be to transfer ejuke.asn and db.m3u to the new pc and have all your music files located at the same path...that way you will not need to rebuild the database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 12-6-2006 at 11:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cowboy: Funny, but What is fedex?

First I thought that it was a new format or software. I was about to answer no to your question, since ejukebox doesn't use standard play counts and star ratings (if winamp and simular set the standards). After googling I found out that fedix was a distrubuting service in the US :b

Most of the active users on the forums have been Europeans for a long time. I love to learn that audiosoft is doing good at his own soil, but be aware that you have to pronounce internal US things for us :D. Or you may get unexpected or even wrong replies. Welcome to the forums by the way! :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Cowboy

posted on 12-11-2006 at 04:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help, guys.... Do I need a new registration number?

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats