Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album list alpha select
mbones

posted on 11-3-2006 at 08:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album list alpha select

Morning all,

Hope this isn't just mine that this happens on again!

The alphabetical list won't jump to the correct spot in the albums. Only '#' will take me to the top and 'z' will take me to the bottom, none of the others do anything.
If I open the artist list, it will go to the correct artist letter correctly but the albums will stay where they are (unless, i press # or z).

With the new release, 4.1, each letter highlights correctly but no movement of the albums happens. It's the same whether I use touchscreen or mouse.

It is supposed to move in the album list with a selection on the alpha list is it?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-3-2006 at 09:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm...have you tried refreshing the album list?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mbones

posted on 11-4-2006 at 01:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tried refreshing but it's still the same. Don't tell me it's only me that this happens to!!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-4-2006 at 01:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
mbones, I've just used this feature once again.. and it works good for me. I hope you will solve this..

Maybe could you try to delete your "Temporary internet folder" before to refresh the albumlist?

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-5-2006 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is never a need to delete temp internet files.

Do you have Internet Explorer 6 or IE7 installed?

Check your ejukebox.ini it should contain the cached locations to the albums in the album list for each letter.

[AlbumCache]
Locations=0,14,42,91,110,144,155,169,192,203,208,233,243,262,313,327,335,353,354,383,423,503,505,508,-1,522,-1,

If you deleted the ejukebox.ini you will need to click the Refresh button on the album list bar to rebuild the list and jump location cache.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mbones

posted on 11-8-2006 at 07:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, my cache locations are currently;
Locations=0,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,4,1223,1323,1455,1674,1693,1712,-1,1735,1740

Doesn't seem right to me!

I have IE6 SP1 installed, I'll try another refresh and see what happens to the locations.
mbones

posted on 11-8-2006 at 08:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just done a refresh and the cached locations stayed the same as before.

Obviously looking at the list, 'R' through to '#' work ok (I must have only tried letters before 'R' before).

What now?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-8-2006 at 10:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm...this is probably happening because your album list is not setup (under the album list options) to separate or sort by the artist name. The letter jumps are bound to the artist name in the album list so unless the albums are sorted by artist first it will break the flow and functionality of using a-z bar for the album list.

mbones

posted on 11-8-2006 at 12:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't like my album list seperated, takes too long to scroll through.

I've just changed it, however, to seperate by artist and refreshed. Still got the same problem and the cached locations in the ini are still the same as before.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-8-2006 at 10:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
mbones,

You do not need to separate by artist ... you can sort by artist, album instead so there is always the same amount of album images per row. Make sure the ejukebox.ini is not set to read-only when you right click the file and select properties.

mbones

posted on 11-9-2006 at 10:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Morning,

That's how I had it originally? I've checked again and I have it set to sort by artist/album and not to seperate.

The ini file is not set to read only. Problem is still there.
Can you explain to me again how it generates these cache locations and how can it set the first 16 of them to -1?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-9-2006 at 10:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The way it works is: as the album list is created it checks to see if the album's artist starts with an a-z letter that has not already been cached. The # of the first album in the list for each artist letter is saved to the ini. If it encounters an artist starting with R before one starting with A then A-Q is skipped in the cache because A-Q does not exist in the list or the list is not sorted in artist-album order.

What is the first artist in your album list? (not including compilations).

mbones

posted on 11-9-2006 at 02:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorted.

When you asked about first artist in my list I remembered I had a few improper tags including artist names of "-".

They were there from the start and not really bothered me but I see that it threw the cache positions. Renamed them and the album list works ok now. Thanks for the help.

One other thing (which I'm doubtful of) is there any way to edit the .asn file in Access and get the changes imported back into the mp3 tags?
Or, any chance of a table type view in ejuke editor to speed editing up?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats