Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Database corruption
Rich

posted on 5-26-2003 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Database corruption

Last night I tried eJukebox2Web v2.0 for the first time. It worked great! I had closed eJukebox, forgetting that the eJukebox2Web v2.0 window was open, but it seemed like no big deal, so I closed that window and called it a night.

Today, I started eJukebox, and I got a 3709 runtime error. Then, another error popped up and disappeared too quickly for me to catch. THEN, I received an error that corruption was detected in the eJukebox database and eJukebox would attempt to fix it. That did not work, and now my database is gone, and eJukebox won't run. It prompts me to re-install the application and opens your website.

I didn't install anything new. No new codecs were installed; nothing has changed on my computer in at least a week. I also can't verify that the eJukebox2Web v2.0 caused my problem.

I will re-install the app, and rebuild my database, so all should be ok. I'll continue this thread if it's not.

Have you seen this before, and do you know if there are any steps that I can take to avoid this happening again? Note that my mdac is and has been up to date.

As a reminder:

Windows XP Professional
P4 2.4
512MB RAM
110 GB HD space
eJukebox 3.12
winamp 2.81

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 5-26-2003 at 05:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I rebuilt and tried to replicate the above problem with no success, so it may have been "just one of those things". However, I did find another small problem.

I use a different port than 80, because I run a webserver on my computer. If I exit eJukebox with eJukebox2Web v2.0 enabled, then restart eJukebox I get an error "Port 80 is alread in use or is an invalid port. Cannot start eJukebox2Web Server. Try using a different port number". I click OK and everthing is fine. I check my settings and my specified port number is still the one I chose, but eJukebox2Web v2.0 is disabled and I must recheck the box to enable it.

I can consistently reprodice this error.

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 6-6-2003 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I use a different port than 80, because I run a webserver on my computer. If I exit eJukebox with eJukebox2Web v2.0 enabled, then restart eJukebox I get an error "Port 80 is alread in use or is an invalid port. Cannot start eJukebox2Web Server. Try using a different port number". I click OK and everthing is fine. I check my settings and my specified port number is still the one I chose, but eJukebox2Web v2.0 is disabled and I must recheck the box to enable it.

Still a problem in v3.2. Not pushing you to fix it, as it's only an annoyance. Just revisting since I lumped it in with the Database corrution error.

Thanks,
Rich
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats