Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: hundreds of duplicate tracks....
Cowboy

posted on 7-29-2006 at 08:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hundreds of duplicate tracks....

so, I click "add new songs to ejukebox" , and choose my usual music folder.... and before I know what hit me, I have 800+ duplicate tracks in my database.... .Ejukebox thought the whole folder was "new songs", when only 20 songs were new, and the other 13,000 were already in the jukebox....

I even created a new folder, ( more music, instead of my music), since "my music" was huge, and I thought that might be the problem. "More Music" tracks all got duplicated the second time I imported the folder, and the folder contains way too many of the songs that are in an endless loop in my popularity mode (see my other post)

So, how do I fix my Ejukebox...?

I'm glad that I was paying enough attention to click "cancel" eventually, but now what?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-29-2006 at 09:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe there is a bug.. But now I would advise you to close eJukebox, delete the files "ejuke.asn" and "db.m3u" in the folder C:\Program Files\eJukebox.
You can then move your music files if you want, BEFORE to restart eJ and rebuild the database from the new files location(s).
And never move your music files after that.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-29-2006 at 06:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The only way songs will be added again is if you have moved them to a different folder location or renamed the files. Never delete the ejuke.asn and or modify the db.m3u file unless you want to rebuild your music database from scratch.

To fix the problem Click the TOOLS button...select Update Database...select Clean/Refresh...then click the 'Remove Missing Files' button. Then do 'Add new music files' if you need to.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cowboy

posted on 7-29-2006 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks.... I'm removing missing files now.... If I still have trouble, I'll rebuild the database.

Cowboy

posted on 7-29-2006 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Only 10 missing files removed..... looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the database....

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats