Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Strange, and annoying in Popularity Mode
Cowboy

posted on 7-29-2006 at 08:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Strange, and annoying in Popularity Mode

I' ve been using Ejukebox, and sometimes lurking on these forums, '04, or so. Generally, I'm really happy with it. When my friends stop by, they want to see if their favorite song has hit the top ten... and if not, they'll play it 20 times to get closer..... If I never hear 2Pac's Dear Mama again, I won't mind.... If you run into my ex-roommate, Leroy, tell him not to worry, its still #1

Recently, I upgraded to 4.0B1.... I'm not really big on having the latest version, but the version I was using had been giving some kind of trouble (don't remember exactly what), so I got the Beta.....

I spend alot of time listening to "5 star" tracks, in popularity mode..... I give 5 stars to all time favorites, and to tracks that I didn't know about last week, and want to hear alot of.

"5 star" popularity mode has been giving me alot of trouble. Certain tracks, when they come around, get stuck in a loop, playing over, and over.... The "up next" track will be the same as the "now playing" track, and play over, and over, until I manually do something about it. Its interesting to see what tracks get caught in this loop.... there are definately trends. Any song by the Beatles, or Taj Mahal, gets looped until I fix it. Any song from Bob Marley's "best of" album "Legend", gets stuck in the loop, even if it's tag doesn't link it to Legend. Anyway, its not a random thing.... Popularity mode is choosing certian tracks, or artists, or folders, or something, to play over and over... did I mention that i've always loved the Beatles, but I've had enough, and never want to hear them again? Enough is enough!

Right this minute, I'm listening on 5 star mode, but hearing Marvin sing Sexual Healing..... It was a 5 star song not long ago, but I've taken it down to 3.5 stars, because Popularity Mode is wearing it out..... I click "next" and get a great song from Lauryn Hill.... but its in "now playing" and "up next" at the same time.

Around a year or two ago, I had the same problem..... Ejukebox would get stiuck in a loop, once a week or so.... Usually with a British artist... I ignored the problem, and it went away.....

To Be Continued..... Other problems deserve their own threads......

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats