Author: Subject: eJukebox v4.0 Alpha 6
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 08:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like the real toolbox! :D What is its price? :P

:cool: Pirk
rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The file Home Page 1.psd is attached. You need Photoshop to edit it. I tried to name all the layers so those who tried would understand and make it a bit easier. Unfortunately Pirk I know nothing about making eJukebox skins and I know you do that very well, so maybe you can work some magic! :D
rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have no clue. I got the image from the internet and did a little editing. Unfortunately I just moved and most of my stuff is in boxes. Toolbox included! I'm glad you like it.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the psd file rllercstr7 ;) Now I can see your tricks.. :)

Unfortunately until now the Homepage is not skinnable, only Audiosoft can change its layout..

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Your home view looks great! However, if you guys really want to help: design it in HTML (Dreamweaver, FrontPage, etc) and use CSS style sheets (so that the text that changes is text and not a graphic) that way I can make it skinnable. The layering of the spotlights over the carousel looks cool but is not possible to implement. I do like your graphics allot (toolbox, shoutcast, stats) ... those could easily be incorporated into a HTML page and used on the home view. I can see using some more graphics like that for Update Database, Rip CD, etc on the home view and possibly some Flash animated buttons.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
I know exactly what you are saying. The spotlights would be near impossible to implement. Unfortunately I have no coding experience to date so it is not really an option for me to work with HTML. My aim was more to get ideas flowing for some new graphics and contribute what I can. Use any of my graphics you want. I did have to get pictures off the internet for the radio etc as I wanted that look, but don't have one to photograh. I can probably ask permission from the sources if you would like to use the graphics.

Also Beta 3 looks great. I came across 1 issue which I am not sure if it was intentional or not. In the carosel if you click on an album it gets a little bigger AND STAYS THAT WAY. If you click on all 9 rotating albums they rotate at a larger size and it looks kinda odd and ruins the rotating effect. I assume maybe you meant for image size to increase when you click and go back to normal after a second or so.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah yeah Audiosoft, we would need to use Dreamweaver instead of Photoshop, but I would need to unearth this html editor again!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: In the carosel if you click on an album it gets a little bigger AND STAYS THAT WAY.

Hmm...it is supposed to go back to normal size a couple seconds after you click. Did you grab the updated ejc.flm? Anyone else experiencing this problem with Alpha 3? I could update it so it animates back to normal size right away instead of after the songlist loads...it animates smoother that way (zooms in and out in one motion) but it requires the songlist to wait until the animation back is done before it starts loading so there is a little more of a delay before the songlist shows up. Do you guys like how the carousel cover stays big until the songlist is done loading or not?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

I think your photoshop image, without the interactive texts (Top songs, stat numbers), but including all the image layers merged with all their photoshop filters could be used as the Homepage html background image. The texts (font, size and color) would be defined separately in the homepage css file. So almost all your effects would be reproduced.. :)
I will see what I can do. :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
RE: In the carosel if you click on an album it gets a little bigger AND STAYS THAT WAY.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with Alpha 3?

The alpha 3 carousel works good for me!

rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm,
I downloaded elc.flm again just in case, but the same thing happens and it looks rather odd when animated in motion this way.

Thanks for putting my work in a form that can be used Pirk! In the text graphic at the top I put "eJukebox Top 20" but then only listed 9 songs in the list. I did that with the thought that if someday there can be 20 albums in the carosel that the list of songs would scroll as it ticks off the top songs and the carosel turns, but 9 fit at a good size to match the limit of 9 albums currently. If you have questions you can usually contact me at my AOL sn which is the same as my forum screen name. :D
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just need to get a html editor, and some free time too! But I think you have made the more difficult work for me: the creative part..

Thank you.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 11:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK for AOL rllercstr7, in case.. ;)

Fishy

posted on 6-23-2006 at 12:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7: Your suggestion for the homeview looks perfect. Hopefully some of those ideas are possible for implementation. I agree with Pirk's statement, you should post your graphical ideas more often :)

As for the animations I have the same problem. I love the idea of highligting the current album of interest in the carousel. But it doesn't reset the sizes, which give odd results. I still hope that it will optionally be possible to keep the carousel while having the albumlist open :)

Thanks audiosoft for making dnd for the carousel. But I can't get it to work :\ I might have done something wrong, just started to test alpha 3.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2006 at 12:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: As for the animations I have the same problem.

Does it load the songlist when you click on the album in the carousel or not? Does Drag and Dropping the carosel albums work? Do the images shrink at all after you click them? Screenshot?

RE: I still hope that it will optionally be possible to keep the carousel while having the albumlist open

I could make the carosel show up when on the home view (since that minimizes the album list) but there just isn't any room for the carosel when using the songlist with the albumlist is open.

rllercstr7

posted on 6-23-2006 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a screenshot of the problem Audiosoft. I tried flash player 8, but it didn't help.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Carosel.jpg - 98.32kb
rllercstr7

posted on 6-23-2006 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a idea for a CD ripper icon on the home page. I attached the HTML file for the animation, but can also provide the flash one .swf. Tell me what you think :D

edit: The HTML didn't seem to work so here's the .swf
Resize the window to about 1.5 in high and 2.5 in wide or it will look horrible :D

Moved look below.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2006 at 11:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow again rllercstr7! :o Your swf looks great! :)

Fishy

posted on 6-23-2006 at 12:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft: Yes it loads albums into the songlist when I click those in the carousel. Dnd does not work, it just loads the albums directly in the songlist, when I try to drag them from the carousel (i.e. a "drag" is understood as a "click"). I use flashplayer 8.

Concerning the imagesizes, the problem is that when one enter an in a carousel that album is (correctly) mazimised in the carousel. But if I enter a new one, this one is also maximized while the previous album is also maximized (see the shot). Probably you should make it so the previous albumsize is resized to default, before maximizing the present one or simular.

http://home.no.net/fishyno/shot.jpg

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Fishy

posted on 6-23-2006 at 12:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Forget everything I've said about image resizing. I had not downloaded the file in the second post correctly. By the way, is that file named correctly? The filename differs from the last version.

The problems with dnd still apply for me.

-----------
Fishy
rllercstr7

posted on 6-23-2006 at 03:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah good eye Fishy. I deleted the old ejc.flm from the eJukebox directory and renamed elc.flm from the second post ejc.flm. Now everything works fine. I cannot get drag and drop to work either.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2006 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Concerning to me, curiously I can use the ejc.flm or the elc.flm file, or even no file at all! The carousel always works perfectly on windows vista! It is just a bit greedy for my system resources..

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2006 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now it all makes sense!

I accidentally uploaded the wrong file name that is why it was not working correctly. The file is supposed to be ejc.flm ... NOT eLc.flm.

I have updated the download in the 2nd post. Download and install the file in the 2nd post again and it should work correctly. Drag and Drop should also work from the carousel images. Sorry about the mix up. You can delete eLc.flm from C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ since it doesn't do anything. Just make sure you have the new ejc.flm in there and it should work perfect.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2006 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

I do like the CD Rip animation. The only thing is when you resize it down it is only visible when the WIDTH goes all the way across the screen. This leaves a large area of black to the left and the right of the animation. It might work better as an animated gif since it could then be resized and cropped in ImageReady.

rllercstr7

posted on 6-23-2006 at 10:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you referring to when it is played in the web browser? Before being exported the set size is 268 X 121, which is right at the edges of each object in the animation; as small as possible without cutting anything off. When played in flash 8 it opens at that exact size with no black horizontal stripe. Here's the animated GIF.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Rip Animation.gif - 52.9kb
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2006 at 11:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think that Audiosoft would prefer a animated gif file instead of a flash swf file..

VWBUG

posted on 6-26-2006 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cannot exit Ejukebox

Am I just being stupid again or is there no option with Version 4 to exit full screen mode. I am stuck in it an cannot find the way out. The minimize buttons etc have disappeared from the top right of the screen.

Help Im trapped in here!!!!!!!!:(

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-26-2006 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: there no option with Version 4 to exit full screen mode.

That is a bug in alpha 3. To get out of fullscreen you could have entered and exited kiosk mode.

Alpha 4 fixes this bug and is now available for download in the first and second posts.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-27-2006 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And France win Spain! :P :D

Thanks for this alpha 4 Audiosoft! It seems to work very good. ;)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-27-2006 at 09:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Suggestions for the carousel:

Quote:
Message original : Pirk
1) Slow down a bit the default rotation speed. Because currently it's a bit straining for the eyes to follow and read the album names. I think -50% would be ideal. And maybe that would save some cpu time. [Fixed]

2) Put the carousel fixed and "always visible" on the bottom of the right panel. The songlist would be on top in another independent window. [Fixed]

3) List artist albums in the same order than in the full albumlist. Currently the artist albums seems to be mixed up, or if they are sorted, they are in a strange order?!

4) I think the carousel should group the double and multiples albums (showing only one cover) like in the full albumlist.

5) That would be great if the carousel could display more than 9 albums. I think 20 albums would be sufficient! See my trick below. :)

A trick in order to display many more albums in the carousel:
The carousel would still display only 9 albums at the same time, but you could SWAP albums when they are behind. So the user could contemplate all the artist albums (even more than 20 if they exist!), while the carousel still only displays 9 at the same time.. :o

Thank You.

Audiosoft,

What you think about my #3, 4 and 5 suggestions ? :)

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats