Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: eJukebox v4.0 Alpha 6
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-9-2006 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v4.0 Alpha 6

eJukebox v4.0 Alpha 6 Updates:

-Artist List now uses cached data so that eJukebox starts up and switches skins allot faster as well as opens and closes the artist list faster. Cached Data will always be used for when artistlist is loaded except after the Database is Rebuilt or new songs are added. The cache also does not get used when the Show Artist with x Songs option is changed at the top of the Artist List
-Songlist Titlebar now shows title for above positioned carousel when mouse goes over it
-made song Editor show up faster and no longer lock the main eJukebox window when loading data.
-Home View and Genre/Year/Compilation Carousel now shows Top 12 instead of Top 20 albums in order to preserve 3D appearance and increase fps. Artist Carousel listings still have a max of 20 albums
-fixed album carousel sometimes not being resized correctly when artistlist opened/closed/edv changed when viewing songlist
-fixed carousel background color specified in skin not being loaded immediately on skin change
-Can now click the progressbar on the Startup Screen to hide that window while eJukebox is starting up
-Virtual Keyboard's input now case fixed instead of all capitals
-eJukebox's Web Browser now blocks popups unless CTRL key is held down. Browser status bar now shows # of popups blocked for the page
-eJukebox default priority now High. The following option has been added to ejukebox.ini:
[Processor]
Priority=2

1 = Normal
2 = High
3 = Realtime

Alpha 5 Updates:

-carousel now has a max of 20 albums instead of 9. now shows 20 on the home view, genre, year, compilation listings
-empty space above and below albums in carousel removed
-carousel now displays albums in alphabetical order instead of popularity when artist's albums are loaded.
-low quality ej lookedup album images now cropped for carousel so that they do not have white borders
-fixed foreign characters causing carousel to stop loading more albums
-added 'Music Videos' quicklink
-fixed clicking now playing album when # in album name locking up songlist
-web browser now supports left and right page scrolling - holdmouse down over left and right margins of the webpage

Alpha 4 Updates:

-carousel now filled correctly for genre, year, search etc instead of only on artist and album listings. Shows top 9 related albums with the most song picks
-carousel now handles compilation albums correctly
-fixed restore from fullscreen and touchscreen left/right mouse buttons being hidden under alpha 3
-made carousel |> playalbum icons disable when in kiosk mode and disable play album icons option checked in kiosk mode options
-made search box animate open and closed faster
-got rid of skip effect when mouse over letter header rows in artistlist
-fixed alpha 3 songlist flicker when clicking artist in artistlist while albumlist open
-made carousel background color skinnable. you can add the following to colors.ini to change the carousel background color

:-Album Carousel Definitions-
:--------------
[Carousel]
BgColor=#000000
:--------------

Alpha 3 Updates:

-moved the Album Carosel to above the songlist with option to show it below.
-Carosel default rotation speeds slower
-Carosel no longer reloads after clicking an album on it
-Carosel now supports dragging albums to playlist and now playing panel

Alpha 2 Updates:

-updated carosel so it spins at default speed when the mouse leaves the carosel
-made |> buttons on carosel bigger and made carosel slow rotation when mouse is over them
-carosel now uses less cpu

Alpha Updates:

-New Rotating 3D Album Carousel on the Home view and optionally under the Songlist
-added 'Remove Song' to playlist right click menu
-should fix songlist sometimes getting stuck and refusing to load

The v4.0 Home button view still needs work. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

To view the album carousel in the songlist you must keep the album list closed. If it makes you dizzy, you can always disable it under eJukebox's display options...or just open the album list.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

http://audiosoft.net/albcar.jpg

NOTE: Attachment Download has been removed. eJukebox v4.0 Beta 1 is now available under the Latest Updates section of the forum.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willum

posted on 6-9-2006 at 12:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
!! A Wow !!

The carrosel shows the top artist, is this correct ? or can it be changed somewhere ? (Show playlist or so)

But still... a big WOW
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-9-2006 at 12:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Your album carousel looks great! :) And it seems to work pretty good. It is very USEFUL as a lighten albumlist for the current artist. Excellent work!!

I just think maybe that would be better if it was not attached to the songlist end, but rather FIXED at the bottom of the right panel. So it would be "always visible". The songlist would scroll in the space remaining on top. This is my feeling..

Thanks a lot.

:cool: Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-9-2006 at 12:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Willum,

When you click on the now playing album, the songlist displays the current album, and the carousel is updated with the WHOLE ARTIST albums! :)
That is AWESOME!! :o

Plus, when you let play eJukebox (don't move the mouse), it will animate automatically the current artist albums!! :o :o

That is magnificent! :cool:

Willum

posted on 6-9-2006 at 01:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, got it.. the problem was.. once you have selected the Albums tab.. I couldn't find a way to get back (home did'tn work).
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-9-2006 at 01:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it's either the carousel, or the albumlist.. The carousel is like a mini-albumlist! :) A miniskirt! :D

Willum

posted on 6-9-2006 at 01:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Origineel gepost door Pirk
--Knip---
Plus, when you let play eJukebox (don't move the mouse), it will animate automatically the current artist albums!! :o :o

--Knip--

Pirk,

I (Left)klick the Now Playing Album.. I see the carrosel change..

I wait... wait... wait... I see (and hear :-)) the Now Playing change.. but not the carrosel...

what do i wrong ??
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-9-2006 at 01:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think you need to check the option "Show currently playing song's album in songlist when inactive".
This option is in "Options/playlist" -> "Other"..

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-10-2006 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The albums displayed on the HOME button view are the same albums that showed up in the list before....except it displays the top 9 albums instead of 5. It shows the albums that have the most picked songs while being last played within the time period set on the last drop down box option of the Home view.

The albums in the carousel under the songlist (when the album list is closed) are currently all the available albums from the artist that is in the songlist.

Glad you guys like the Album Carousel. It is a lighter alternative to the album list. Hopefully not too CPU hungry. I could add an option to lower the quality of the Album Carousel animation a little bit to make it use less cpu if it becomes a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions. I will probally be able to improve it some before v4.0 goes gold.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willum

posted on 6-10-2006 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Audiosoft,

Can the carosel be on the top of the list ?
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 6-10-2006 at 10:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Suggestions for the Album Carousel:

1) Slow down a bit the default rotation speed. Because currently it's a bit straining for the eyes to follow and read the album names. I think -50% would be ideal. And maybe that would save some cpu time.

2) Put the carousel fixed and "always visible" on the bottom of the right panel. The songlist would be on top in another independent window.

3) List artist albums in the same order than in the full albumlist. Currently the artist albums seems to be mixed up, or if they are sorted, they are in a strange order?!

4) I think the carousel should group the double and multiples albums (showing only one cover) like in the full albumlist.

5) That would be great if the carousel could display more than 9 albums. I think 20 albums would be sufficient! See my trick below. :)

A trick in order to display many more albums in the carousel:
The carousel would still display only 9 albums at the same time, but you could SWAP albums when they are behind. So the user could contemplate all the artist albums (even more than 20 if they exist!), while the carousel still only displays 9 at the same time.. :o

Thank You.

Fishy

posted on 6-10-2006 at 05:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The caraousel is very neat and performs well at my system!

It would be nice if one could drag covers from the carousel to the Now Playing and playlist, just like one can with 'normal' albums in the songlist. I think I also would remove the "ejukebox 4.0" text, because it makes the carousel a little cluttered. In addition, some kind of numbering (reflecting the popularity status of the albums) in the homeview might be appropiate.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
jhlurie

posted on 6-12-2006 at 06:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Carousel is a great feature, runs very well, and the version if it in the songlist view makes browsing an artists albums much easier. Good job.

If it hasn't been said enough already, that little red arrow thing to play the whole album needs to be bigger. It's very hard to grab with a mouse while that sucker is spinning around.

I wonder if some variant of this technique could be used in the playlist area to allow album cover previews of more that just the one next song, but instead a larger number of upcoming songs.
mchawk

posted on 6-14-2006 at 11:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
jm2c

Hallo Audiosoft...

here some comments from me:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
1) Slow down a bit the default rotation speed. Because currently it's a bit straining for the eyes to follow and read the album names. I think -50% would be ideal. And maybe that would save some cpu time.

It also would be great if the rotation speed slows down to default the time the mouse leave the caroussel.

Quote:

5) That would be great if the carousel could display more than 9 albums. I think 20 albums would be sufficient! See my trick below. :)

How about a random-mode?
Instead of displaying the Top-Albums, the carousel picks ramdomly some and spin them.

The perspective seems to be not correct: The Pictures seems to get bigger - not smaller when went to the back.

Do you use Direct-3d? The carousel seems to use to much ressources.

Greetings ans thanx for the great work. I like the alpha-version.

Frank
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-16-2006 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Alpha 2 Download

Alpha 2 is now available for download in the first and second posts. Both files have been updated and are required to be redownloaded and installed for Alpha 2. Let me know what you think.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-16-2006 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Alpha 2 Updates:

That's a good thing, but if you leave the carousel too rapidly that doesn't work.
Quote:
-made |> buttons on carosel bigger..

I like these RED buttons, they look great with my skin! :)
Quote:
..and made carosel slow rotation when mouse is over them

That's good.
Quote:
-carosel now uses less cpu

I hope.. that would be welcome!

Otherwise I still support my 2) 3) 4) and 5) suggestions! :o

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-16-2006 at 07:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Pirk
Quote:
Alpha 2 Updates:

That's a good thing, but if you leave the carousel too rapidly that doesn't work.

Now I've clarified more this point:
It's only when the Artistlist is open, and if the mouse leaves the carousel over the Artistlist with a lively movement, then the carousel doesn't spin at default speed but at Top speed!!

Fishy

posted on 6-17-2006 at 04:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope that all functions in ejukebox 4 will work indepdently if you have the albumlist loaded or not. That goes for both the carousel and genre buttons.

Further, I would just like to point out that there are enought suggestions/ideas around in this forum to make several different digital jukeboxes. But at the same time you probably have a life beside these forums (as we all do). So Audiosoft, I just hope you manage to get as many of those wishes/suggestions/crazy ideas as possible implemented in version 4.0 of the program. Anyways we all aknowledge ejukebox as a great program and I think you are hiding something in this beta ;)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-21-2006 at 05:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it works better with the carosel at the top or bottom instead of inside the songlist.
That way it doesn't jump around, doesn't cover the songlist background and does not scroll with the songlist. Plus it is faster since the carosel does not need to be reloaded on the songlist when one of the albums in it is clicked.

Any objections to me switching it to work like this? I can add an option to place the carosel above or below the songlist. Also, I am thinking about lower the maximum rotational speed and slow down the default carosel speed.

Keep in mind, there will always be an option to hide the carosel if you do not like it.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
topcarosel.jpg - 139.61kb

Willum

posted on 6-21-2006 at 11:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[Quote]Any objections to me switching it to work like this? I can add an option to place the carosel above or below the songlist.[/Quote]

If the option is there, i don't mind the default, it it's not there.. i prefere it on the top of the list.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-21-2006 at 11:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
I think it works better with the carosel at the top or bottom instead of inside the songlist...

I think so.
Quote:
Any objections to me switching it to work like this?

Euh.. No! :)
Quote:
I can add an option to place the carosel above or below the songlist.

Yes, I think that would be perfect if we can choose the position.
Quote:
Also, I am thinking about lower the maximum rotational speed and slow down the default carosel speed.

I agree..

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-21-2006 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great. It works so much better at the top. Everything just flows better and it is faster. Plus there is no flickering. I even got drag and dropping albums out of the carosel to work. I would post alpha 3 but there are still some issues to fix up.

rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow Audiosoft, the new carosel feature is awsome! Like Pirk I have also seen the problem with it scrolling at an incredably fast speed when doing certain things (once it happened when my mouse was over the taskbar). One other thing I would suggest is to adjust the homepage as the color flow is now a little interrupted by the strip of black containing the carosel. I attached an image where I photoshoped in a blue to black gradient that I think makes things look a little better. I attached it below :D

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Home Page 1.jpg - 173.15kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2006 at 01:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,
Glad you like it. :) I wish you could experience how much better it works now...i will have alpha 3 up later this week.

Thanks for your suggestion on the color flow. The homepage look will probally get an update for 4.0. Plus I am going to make it so you can change the carousel background color from black to a different color in the skin. I am not sure yet if I am going to use black or blue for the background on the default skin.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
topcaroselblue.jpg - 111.61kb

rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 03:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is just and Idea I came up with for a new layout for the home screen page. The button in the bottom right is for internet radio. My idea is to have the top songs highlight or grow a little bigger as their respective album goes around the carosel. For example the album for the top #1 song comes to front center first and the #1 song is highlighted and as the carosel rotates the albums of #2 #3 #4 etc their respective titles highlights and the process continues in numeric order.

As an added bonus the voice feature could be used to say this weeks/months #1 song is bla bla bla By ACDC. Obviously it would have to say something different before each song or it would get a little repetative (ex topping the charts at #2 this week). That may be too complex but just an idea I thought might be cool.

This picture isn't complete and there are dialogues missing because I can't think of a good way to integrate them, but heres a photoshop pic of my idea for the home page.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Home Page 1.jpg - 163.62kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Check it out!
Grab the v4.0 Alpha 3 Downloads in the first and second posts and let me know what you think.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 11:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow rllercstr7!! Your Homepage is really magnificent! :o And the way you plan to highlight the Top songs is very interesting too.. :)
I think you should post your ideas more often! ;)

Audiosoft,

Thanks for the update of the carousel: Now it is a lot more domesticable! :)

Fishy

posted on 6-22-2006 at 12:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very nice :)

-----------
Fishy
rllercstr7

posted on 6-22-2006 at 04:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I anyone wants the photoshop file to play around and edit that image to share ideas I don't mind at all. Just let me know. The picture has also been updated.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think that Fishy would need the image editor too..
And me I have the editor, but not your talent.. Bravo! I think you could win the $250 reward! :D

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats