Audiosoft,

http://manitoulin.cps-ecp.org/media/bear_cub.jpg

Finally you would have lost!!!

:cool: Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-25-2006 at 09:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Do you know they try to reintroduce some bears in France? :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4931838.stm

But maybe it's a bit out of the topic.. :D

Otherwise, have you worked a bit on the pop-up feature? :)
Me YES!! :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 5-25-2006 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pop-up Improvement idea: 1/2..

I think the pop-up could work like this "other" one:

When eJukebox is not in focus, 8 seconds before the end of the now playing song, a first pop up fade in (including all the song informations)...

Pirk has attached this image:
Pop up 1.jpg - 34.68kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-25-2006 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pop-up Improvement idea: 2/2..

...Then as the next song begins, the first pop up is replaced by a second one (without any fade out/in effect) and displays the new song informations during 8 seconds again, before it fade out:

Pop up 2.jpg - 31.36kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 08:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Made some major progress on the popup!

I decided to go in another direction and give it some functionality so it is more than just a regular popup. The << || >> buttons will appear when you put your mouse over the popup. It uses PNG images for the border and stars for a really nice alpha blended transparent effect. You can even click thru the alpha blended border and select the window text underneath. Drag the popup by dragging the cover image. Below is screenshot of how it looks on my screen right now. It only pops up (actually slides out from the right side of the screen right now) if eJukebox is minimized or does not have focus and the song changes....or whenever you mouseover the EJ tray icon. Let me know what you think.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
screencap5.jpg - 61.54kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is the PNG image that makes up the border (which actually goes ontop of the cover image). It will be pretty easy to make some really great looking skins for the popup by changing the PNG border image and stars. Plus you will be able to change the font, size, color, shadow width and reposition the stars, cover, and text so you can make it look totally different if you want.

What do you think? Should popup skins be separate zip files or be incorporated inside full skins?

Audiosoft has attached this image:
popcase.png - 37.62kb

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2006 at 09:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, I think you have made some excellent work! :o I like a lot the alpha blended border. It seems it is inspired from C.... t. soft... ? :D I'm right? :)

Concerning if it should be incorporated in full skins or separate: no matter for me, as long as it is skinable..
Will it be possible to change the image size? I mean the border would be zoomed with the cover image.

I'm longing to test it!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 09:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I will try to get something up for you to play with soon. I am working on setting up how the postioning will be skinned. I want to make it so you can totally change the shape and resize the cover but it is going to take some work. The good news is all the coding of how it loads data and slides out is done.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2006 at 10:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK for the visual possibilities.. I know that, on texts, it's just a matter of css filters! ;)
I think it's a very good idea you added play controls, that will be very handy. Maybe could you add a volume bar as well?

Otherwise you can take your time to polish up the pop up features.. I think that's worth it!

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 10:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually the popup text will not use CSS since the text is drawn different using alpha blending. You will be able to set the font, size and color and probally shadow depth.

The play controls are nice to quickly pause or go to the next song. I forgot to mention you can use the mouse scroll wheel for the volume.

It works really nice right now. I am thinking about maybe putting this up and then adding the possibility of skinning the things other than the PNGs. It is going to take allot of work if it allows the positioning of the different elements.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2006 at 11:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah.. that's true, I've already experimented that: transparent PNG images don't like css filters! Or else it would need the text zones be separeted from the image zone..

OK for the volume controlled using the mouse scroll wheel. Perfect!

I'm ready to test any version, even if it is not fully skinnable, and report my feeling to improve the pop up, if need be!

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK. Here ya go

Replace the ejukebox.exe over the old one and download and extract the zip in the next post.

Note: The ejukebox.exe download has been updated. You can grab the new one a few posts down.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-23-2006 at 12:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The files in this zip should be extracted so they are in "C:\Program Files\eJukebox\images\albumpop\".

You can then edit the popcase.png to try some different looks.
Let me know what you think and please post any popcase.png's you come up with.

You can Minimize eJukebox and then mouse over the EJ tray icon to force it to reload the png graphics and popout.

Attachment: albumpop.zip (97.59kb)
This file has been downloaded 983 times

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-23-2006 at 03:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow! Thanks a lot Audiosoft! :)

It works already very good indeed! :D Nice work on the play buttons: they pop up too, inside the pop up!! :o
I just needed to check the EJ tray option to admire it a bit more during the song play.. Would it be possible to have a option to pin the pop up on top of others non-eJ windows, at least temporarily?

Also, there a small malfunction: if eJ is not reduced but it is just behind another active window: when the song changes, the pop up appears normally, but eJukebox comes back on top too.. Logically it should not, since at this moment you was working on another program.

And if I manage to make a PNG border, I will post it.. ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-24-2006 at 12:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad you like it. I realise it needs a way to pin it on screen.

Also, the popup does not steal focus from the window you are working in when it pops in and out. It only steals focus if you mouse down on the popup. I realize eJukebox comes to the top when eJukebox is not minimized and you click on the popup...For some reason the windows OS makes it do this...I spent over 4 hours trying to stop it from doing this the other night and gave up cause I needed some sleep. Hopefully there is actually a way to stop it from doing this. If not... atleast you can change the song using the popup when eJukebox is minimized without it showing the eJukebox window. It is a good idea to minimize eJukebox when using other programs anyways since you can mouseover the EJ tray icon to show the popup.

rllercstr7

posted on 9-24-2006 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow, thats terrific Audiosoft! Is there a way to put an option in to specify a custom time interval for the popup, or a way to show it constantly when eJukebox is minimized? That would be awsome. I'll see if I can find some time to come up with more frames.

I have come across one problem , not just limited to this feature, but others also. I run a dual monitor setup and eJukebox wrongly assumes I am always displaying it on the primary monitor. For example, when eJukebox runs on the secondary monitor and I click the tools button, the options box appears on the opposite (primary) screen and not the secondary. It just floats out in the middle of no where on the other screen. With the popup, instead of sliding in from the right edge of the secondary monitor, it first appears on the far left of the secondary monitor and slides left onto the primary monitor. When eJukebox Opens its default position is half on one screen half on the other which is the most annoying thing about it. It looks kind of funny when these things happen.

Diagram of my setup:

Primary monitor - Break in screens - Secondary Monitor

Also thanks for the sticky on that remote profile I setup. It works really well aside from those two buttons that don't currently have the hotkeys. I posted it up on the forums for that remote to so hopefully more people will learn of eJukebox.

Pirk have you had time to look at the new home page lately?

rllercstr7
rllercstr7

posted on 9-24-2006 at 02:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's my stab at the new frame. This one has a wooden bar on top which I wish could be higher to fill the entire background area behind the stars.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
popcase.png - 55.12kb
rllercstr7

posted on 9-24-2006 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And without the bar, which seems to look better with the height restriction at the moment. What do you guys think?

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
popcase1.png - 52.87kb
Fishy

posted on 9-24-2006 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
An Arctic one might be in the progress too. I support the idea to make the popup totally skinnable. Would be great to be able to make it smaller, or bigger if one wants too.. But it looks good in its current shape! Good to see new functionality! Otherwise we would have nothing to complain about.

Ej 4.0 works great, and most of the bugs I've complained about are fixed, so you'd better introduce some new ones soon :D

Thanks a lot again for your patience and continous line of updates Audiosoft!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-24-2006 at 05:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK I have updated this download to Beta 4. The download has moved to the 2nd page of this topic.

There is now a right click option on the popup to Pin or AutoHide. PIN will keep it onscreen and remember where you positioned it. AutoHide will use the default pop in and out behavior.

There is also now options for: "Show on eJukebox Minimize" and "Hide on eJukebox Restore".

I had to change the mouseover EJ tray icon behavior because it was causing problems. You can now right click that icon to force it to popout.

The skinning is currently setup to use the files in /images/skinname/albumpop/ if they exist otherwise it will use the files in /images/albumpop/. That way you can include the albumpop folder in your skinname.zip if you want.

rllercstr7

posted on 9-24-2006 at 07:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
The pin feature works for me, but this update did not fix any of the multi-monitor issues. Thanks!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-24-2006 at 07:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the quick update Audiosoft.

Here is my popup skin: I've frosted the one of Audiosoft!

rllercstr7,
Your skin looks very good!
Homepage.. I've worked a bit more on my skin, the new homepage is in abeyance.

popcase.png - 79.78kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-24-2006 at 08:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The same with a reflection effect:

popcase.png - 83.42kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-24-2006 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice work Pirk!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-24-2006 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft.

My popup in action.. :)

popup.png - 99.08kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-24-2006 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox is Vista ready.. :)

popup2.png - 167.34kb

rllercstr7

posted on 9-25-2006 at 05:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think I have found a small bug with this feature Audiosoft. When eJukebox is maximized on the screen and you open another application on top of it eJukebox steals the focus (the whole eJukebox window appears on top of the other application) whenever the popup appears. It is great to have the popup showing even when eJukebox is just hidden behind other applications, but it doesn't seem like it should steal the focus.
Pirk
Posting Freak

puzzled.gif posted on 9-25-2006 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Try to FIND THE MISTAKE in this picture...

I wait for your replies... Audiosoft, in particular!

mistake.jpg - 57.6kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-25-2006 at 05:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7
I think I have found a small bug with this feature Audiosoft. When eJukebox is maximized on the screen and you open another application on top of it eJukebox steals the focus (the whole eJukebox window appears on top of the other application) whenever the popup appears. It is great to have the popup showing even when eJukebox is just hidden behind other applications, but it doesn't seem like it should steal the focus.

I've already reported this bug: Audiosoft has already spent 4 hours trying to solve it... but unfortunately no success! He says that the problem is in Windows! :(

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-25-2006 at 06:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ha! looks like i forgot to make the play/pause button state link to the actual play state. i will see if I can get that working correctly. Also I will keep trying to stop it from stealing focus...but if I ultimately can't maybe I should make it only popup when eJukebox is minimized.

Is that a screenshot of your eJukebox skin i see? looks nice :o

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats