Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: ripping from CD then copying across network
sjb700

posted on 1-30-2006 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ripping from CD then copying across network

Hi, I've just finished ripping all my CDs with eJukebox, this is the first time I've used it for this, I used to use another program.

Anyway, all was fine until I tried to copy some of the music to my girlfriend's PC, our computers are networked in our flat so this is much easier than ripping the CDs all over again.
When trying to copy some of the files I kept getting errors, I eventually realised that this was only happening for the MP3s I had ripped with eJukebox.

Does eJukebox use some kind of DRM system to prevent the copying of files? If so is there a way around it as I now have several thousand MP3's on my PC and I don't want to spend ages ripping them all again.

If there is no way around this could you please make it clear that using eJukebox to rip MP3s will render them impossible to copy because it's going to waste a huge amount of my time and having looked again I can find nothing to say that any DRM will be put in place.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-30-2006 at 09:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is no DRM on eJukebox rips. The mp3's eJukebox creates are normal mp3s. Not sure what the problem is. You should be able to transfer the files just like any other files. What does the error say?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sjb700

posted on 1-31-2006 at 05:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The error actually says 'error, make sure your disk is not write protected' or somthing very similar.

The disk is clearly not write protected because I can copy other music to it fine, it's only the ones produced by eJukebox... very strange..
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-31-2006 at 10:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's odd. Maybe it is failing because one of the files you are trying to copy is currently being played? But even then it should not happen if you are just trying to copy the files and not delete them. Have you tried copying a single CD's folder while eJukebox is shutdown? This shouldn't be happening but a sure fire work around would be to burn a cd or dvd of the mp3s and transfer them on disc. A CD should be able to hold around 11 mp3 albums at a time. A DVD around 60 albums.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 1-31-2006 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sbj700,
Have you tried running the network setup utility on these 2 machines? I have found that whenever I am given a network error running this again and restarting the PCs almost always fixes it, because it resets all of the read rights. In XP it can be found at Start->Programs->Accessories->Communications->Network Setup Wizard. Make sure you turn file and printer sharing on. I hope this solves your problem because I know how annoying stuuf like that can be. :D
sjb700

posted on 2-1-2006 at 06:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had tried restarting both PCs and then trying to copy before doing anything else just in case somthing was locking the file but it still didn't work..

I tried un sharing the whole folder and then re-enabling it, I also tried running through network setup wizard just in case but it made no difference - everything copies fine except the mp3s ripped with eJukebox - very bizzare.

I'll try moving them with my MP3 player and if that dsn't work I'll try with CDs.

Thanks for the ideas.
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-16-2006 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You will probably alread have tried this, but just in case - right click one of the MP3's, select properties and make sure the tick for "read only" is not checked.

The other thing to check is that you are ablt ocopy other files into the exact same folder you want to copy your MP3's. I know tyou said you could copy other stuff accross, but make sure the access to the specific folder on the the network is also ok.

Other than that, I am lost with that one!!!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats