Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The first serious rival for eJukebox, really ?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2005 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The first serious rival for eJukebox, really ?

I've just found a new jukebox program, and this time... I think this one could be a serious rival for eJukebox! It is clean, fast and efficient, and it looks great too:
Its default interface is another copy of iTunes, but you have several other nice skins too.
It has a "all in one" albumlist which shows your albums with cover art, album name, year, tracks numbers, time and list of songs... It's very fast, even with my 37.000 songs!

But don't forget to look into the "Music selection" menu, because you have here THE custom autoplay mode that each of us still dreams for eJukebox!
You can make your own auto-playlists with a infinity of criteria! A real pleasure... :cool:

Audiosoft, I think you should be inspired by this jukebox... I would advise you to pay attention to it! ;)

So really, it's a very well conceived program! (Of course, it's German-made...) Congratulations to the author(s)! :o

But you'll tell me: What is the name of this fabulous program? :D
Hmm... ask me by u2u! :)

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 8-14-2005 at 10:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. with all respect for our good friends the germans, is this jukebox that good? I have tried this application before, but abounded it because I prefer a vertical listing of albums and a possibility to separate albums by Artists. And I don't know if I like the idea of having the songlist and albumlist melted together. Competition is always a good thing, but I guess I have got so used to the ej way of doing things, that I just refuse to use anything else :). Guess I'll need meteor rain, flying pigs and small miracles before I am ready to change direction and use an alternative application.

Yes this jukebox has som features I would like to see in ejukebox. Large images in their albumlists and the "song selection" utility is something that ejukebox also deserves.
But more importantly the interface of ejukebox is far more intelligent laid out than this. Close, but no Cigar. From my point of view of course.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2005 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah ok! So you already know this jukebox...

I agree that its interface is not so evolved than eJukebox but its "Music selection" menu his exactly what I would like to have in eJukebox... I hope Audiosoft will be inspired by this program.

Otherwise I feel that this jukebox is very clean. No problem to find all my albums, it displays them without a fault and very intelligently. I run it only since a few hours and I already love it, not more, but -almost :P- so much than eJukebox. I think it has really a great potential! I feel it as a very professional work. Germans are very good (too)!! :D

Fishy

posted on 8-14-2005 at 10:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
Ah ok! So you already know this jukebox...

I think I've tried most I can find with google and I still use ejukebox ;)

I agree that their music selection tool is genious and I more than hope audiosoft pays attention to it. I also liked the cute small coverimages they use in their playlist. I just don't think the whole application is an realistic alternative to ejukebox alltogether. I would probably have to register at their forum and write 636 posts of nagging once more. And then hopefully end up with a program looking close to ejukebox. But hey nothing will ever match the orginal :). Germans are clever, but so can americans be... at least those not sitting in the white house (sorry couldn't help myself) and do constructive stuff like audiosoft does ;)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2005 at 11:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I have to admit that this jukebox need more maturity, but regarding to its young age, I think it got off on the right foot! Maybe they have copied eJukebox?
In any case a wholesome rivalry will be still good for us customers! :)

Fishy

posted on 8-14-2005 at 11:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hehe yepp, if they continue development it can evolve into something interesting. Always enjoyable with quality european software, but my "local" jukebox vendor will still be situated in the states :) However I will concider buying a lisence of it if I install linux again sometime.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2005 at 11:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I continue with the "Racky" skin... I just feel the playlist a bit too tight, the albumlist a bit too scattered, but that runs good like a Audi! :D

Fishy

posted on 8-14-2005 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am having fun with ejukebox right now. It's feels like a nice shiny Corvette, with some motor problems here and there. But most of the time it works just fine and people at the street can't believe their own eyes :D

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 8-15-2005 at 12:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We want this in eJukebox!

I can't resist to show the custom "Music selection" of this jukebox:

Pirk has attached this image:
sj.jpg - 330.18kb

rllercstr7

posted on 8-15-2005 at 02:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree with Fishy. The program has some great features that would be really handy in eJukebox, but the interface doesn't compare to eJukebox. Audiosoft what would it take to get frequent updates again? donations? Are there more updates planned?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 10:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Concerning to me, I think I will continue at least my 14 trial days... and next I will certainly keep an eye on this German jukebox!

Of course the eJukebox interface is superior: Across the Rhine the artist list is cruelly lacking... :D Obviously I also prefer our albumlist with albums grouped by artist. :)
Nevertheless this other jukebox is very clever (it too!), and so quick to react!
And once more, its "Music selection" menu would greatly deserve to be imported across the Atlantic, for sure! :o :cool:

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Diable! A such advanced "Music selection" menu is incredibly efficient! :o It's absolutly IN-DIS-PEN-SA-BLE on any decent music collection... :mad:
So now I fear that will leads me to wait to have an equivalent before I can return to eJ... :(

And to think I've proposed that since several years!! Audiosoft, you exaggerate... :D :(

Fishy

posted on 8-15-2005 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am sure audiosoft will give this priority when he get's some time on his hands. Sure that would be the better alternative, instead of using software which is in the stoneage when it comes to interface :). Huh Pirk? :D I can understand your eager to get this implemented, it's a lovely freedom in having so many options in auto play and at the same time be able to save them as your own presets. Itunes is also pretty good at this..

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 01:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope of course that will be a priority... But what these words mean when things take age to advance? Isn't this another kind of "stoneage" this way too?
I don't want to wait until all of us will be retired before things take again... :( Because maybe in future the music will come from organic cells!! (No more PCs & co...) Who knows? :D

Excuse me for my anger, but you know I also love so much eJukebox... ;)

Fishy

posted on 8-15-2005 at 01:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Read this (or at least the summary): http://www.cs.usu.edu/~degaris/artilectwar2.html Darn good science fiction anyway, if not soon a reality if things continue as they do at the moment ;)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 01:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your link don't work Fishy! :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 02:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok that's good now! :)

Well... a lot of English to read for me... :o

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2005 at 03:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think that all this will never occur because the humanity will not have enough time to do this:
We will have destroyed our planet a long time before! (war, pollution...) :(
Unless we have enough time to start another life cycle on Mars? :D

But all that is beyond us here... I prefer to enjoy the present life with good music thanks to a good jukebox! Isn't it Audiosoft? :)

PS: Well, on the other hand maybe one of these small robots would be useful... :D

schonne

posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmmm

I found the jukebox you are talking about, but other than a clean interface, I don't see any real advantages over ejukebox. Sorting the albums by artist is pretty crucial to me. Also, this one doesn't appear to have automatic lookup of covers - it doesn't even save the url for covers on the internet - it forces you to download the cover to your computer and refer to it that way...uggh!

It is much faster than ejukebox. I think our old EJ is a little too loaded down with features which slows it down a bunch.

I'd like to see what happens with the German jukebox as it has some potential, but I think I'll be sticking with EJ for a while....
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-24-2005 at 12:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Schonne,

Above all that's the autoplay features of this German jukebox which are better... I'm just longing that Audiosoft improves the autoplay mode of eJukebox (as planned! :)), because once you have a large album collection that really becomes ES-SEN-TIAL!

I also prefer a album list by artist. Of course eJukebox is priceless for that! :cool: Even if it's a shame that the time that eJukebox spends for caching all the images is too long... Especially at the end when eJ freeze your computer during at least 1 minute... :(

I've already downloaded all my covers to my computer for eJukebox because many of my albums are not widespread, so the automatic lookup can't find them. But often, in case of a atypical album, the cover is already "magically" included with the mp3s... :D And this German jukebox, like eJukebox, is able to automatically import ALL my atypical covers! (using cover.jpg or other names...)

rllercstr7

posted on 8-24-2005 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
An option to save these autoplay modes would also be nice. That way you could just load up a preset.
Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 8-25-2005 at 04:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Entreaty for UNLIMITED music selections...

Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7
An option to save these autoplay modes would also be nice. That way you could just load up a preset.

Of course! Like in the German jukebox... you can save all your music selections:

Pirk has attached this image:
Demo sj.jpg - 724.89kb

Dyno Don

posted on 8-26-2005 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

I've looked everywhere. What is the name of this mystery jukebox? I like to try new stuff.

Thanks,

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-26-2005 at 07:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No problem Dyno Don, I send you a u2u message. :)

After you have tried this German jukebox, tell us here what you think of it, compared with eJukebox...

Thanks ;)

Dyno Don

posted on 8-26-2005 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks, Pirk!
Montana

posted on 8-26-2005 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

What kind of files types will this mystery jukebox play as I don't use mp3's ? Leading on from that, does it use another player like EJ does with Winamp ?
Lastly, could you send me a U2U about where I see this mystery jukebox please.

Andy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-27-2005 at 10:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Montana,

This German jukebox can play a lot of different files types. I'm sure it will play your files!
It doesn't use Winamp but I think it can use some of the Winamp plug-ins.
I send you a u2u... But please, tell us here what you think of this jukebox in order that Audiosoft can benefit from the rivalry to improve eJukebox!

Audiosoft,

Well... I don't know what you think of this jukebox? (In case you don't know it, send me a u2u) ;)
I think you could shell it... and maybe you will see some interesting tricks to speed up eJukebox or some good features; the music selections in particular! :)

Otherwise of course eJukebox is still the best choice! It's graphic interface is a lot more developed...
It just needs that some features be improved: large play controls, user music selections... You know the famous Version 4.0!! But when?? :(

Dyno Don

posted on 8-27-2005 at 01:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Are you always here? The last few times I have been here to check for my reg code on U2U you are here.

I tried it last night. I like the album lookup much better. The veiw is so different for albums I will have to let that grow on me a bit. But a big missing piece is bookmarks. Am I missing them or are their no bookmarks? All my friends have extensive bookmarks in eJ. One with 364 marks!

Without that my friends will not be pleased.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-27-2005 at 01:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don,

Yes, I'm the temple guard! But I start to eat the goods...

No bookmarks in Germany. I'm sure they will add that on a future version... I guess they spy on us! :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-27-2005 at 01:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Please send his REG CODE to Dyno Don! You don't want to lose your fans!?

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats