Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album art tags
VWBUG

posted on 7-23-2005 at 08:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album art tags

How does EJ read the picture tags? I am adding the album covers to the tags with MP3 Tag from maniac tools, but EJ doesn't display them. I know you just have to save the picture in the album folder, but I want them to be shown straight away.

Made in Scotland
Dyno Don

posted on 7-23-2005 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox doesn't use the file to get the tag, or picture, that I am sure.

I also run a VIDEO jukebox and all the album covers stay attached and correct. And these files don't store tags. MPG,AVI,M2V, etc etc.

But it works great. The pictures must be saved by eJ somewhere tho. The directory it sits in doesn't get bigger like it should. I attach a lot of album covers...

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-23-2005 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can either have a cover.jpg file in the album's folder...or encode the image inside each MP3 file.
eJukebox will get the new cover images after you rebuild your entire eJukebox database, you rebuild a folder, or you add new music files to the database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
VWBUG

posted on 7-24-2005 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The cover art is tagged inside the MP3 but EJ doesn't display it. I think it is the way MP3Tag does it.

E.g. I get MP3Tag to look up it's database to get the track details and album art and save it all in each track. I can then select each track in other tagging program (tagm3u) and it displays the art correctly but EJ shows no art being tagged.

Made in Scotland
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-24-2005 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : VWBUG
The cover art is tagged inside the MP3 but EJ doesn't display it. I think it is the way MP3Tag does it.

E.g. I get MP3Tag to look up it's database to get the track details and album art and save it all in each track. I can then select each track in other tagging program (tagm3u) and it displays the art correctly but EJ shows no art being tagged.

Hmm hmm... VWBUG, I think you ask an awkward question! :D

Your problem remember my own past experience with cover arts in eJukebox and some external tagging programs:
The only program I know working good with eJukebox is Tag&Rename. eJ shows the arts you put with this prog, but if you use others programs to put your images unfortunately I think this is no good... (as far as I know!)
But maybe that works good with some tagging programs? Which ones? I don't know...

Otherwise now I always use the "cover.jpg" method... :)

:cool: Pirk
VWBUG

posted on 7-24-2005 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This may be a stupid question (probably), but does the file need to be called cover.jpg or will EJ just look at the file extension?

As I have all album art in each folder (Front, Back and some inlay's etc.)

Made in Scotland
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-24-2005 at 09:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, your images need to be called "cover.jpg". eJ search for this file, and only this one, in each folder. (Normally, 1 folder = 1 album = 1 cover art) But in case there is none cover.jpg file then it looks in the tags too.

Look Audiosoft! :o I think that would be good if the user could optionally specify a particular name instead of "cover.jpg". You know that "folder.jpg" is popular too...

Otherwise, of course NO your question is not stupid VWBUG! This is just eJukebox which is not perfect... and so, for a new user who don't know its tricks, unfortunately he can be a bit disappointed.

;)

jim

posted on 7-25-2005 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Art work

HELP!!!

1. using tag & rename or mp3tag I have embed covert art that shows up in each program but does not show up in ejukebox. If I drag and drop cover art into the ejukebox's built in tag editor it shows up no problem. I have many embed cover art images and they don't show up in ejukebox. Many of the images were scanned as they are next to impossible to find online and the art work shows up in any other program.

2. I am confused, I load my collection that I ripped with Itunes all looks good. I use ejukebox and songs are missing, from the album list, but I have not idea which ones unless I am going to go through there one by one. Following that same example I have purchased 1 song that might exist on a album and it does not have the artwork but it also will not show up in the album list do you need 2 songs for the program to show you the album?

3. Should I be using Winamp to verify my tags, what program should I use to make sure all looks right via tags so when I load it with ejukebox all is perfect.

I hope someone can show me the way, such a great program I have to believe I am just doing something wrong.

Thank you all
Jim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-25-2005 at 01:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Re: Art work

RESCUE!!!

1. I agree with you jim, eJukebox is not so skilful than others tagging programs to find the emdeded cover in all the case... But normally if you use Tag&Rename that should be OK. Maybe you use a too old version of T&R?

2. It's possible that some albums don't show up in the album list for various reasons, sometimes because there are reserved words in the albums or artist names, but this is rare! Are you sure that all the tags of these albums are good?
Otherwise yes, if the cover art is missing, a album needs two songs to show up in the album list. But if you add the cover art, even a single song will show up! Click on the albumlist "Options" button to refine your albumlist preferences! ;)

3. I would advise Tag&Rename...

jim, persevere with eJukebox, it is the best! :D
If you check all your tags methodically before importing your album collection in eJ, everything should be perfect! :)

jim

posted on 7-25-2005 at 05:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tags and art

Thank you Pirk for the help.

1. I think the problem is that the Tagh& rename will show the picture but the picture was not added with Tag & rename orginally. I need to pull up a tag replace cut and past the picture back into the tag using Tag & Rename to see if acknowledges it in Ejukebox. What do you think??

2. Any idea WHY you need to have two songs if the cover art is missing to have the album show up?? WHY not be able to set it to 'one' under options, I would think I rather have missing artwork so that I know I need to apply it then have the whole song missing in the first place? Or at least a spot I can go (unknown) to see all the songs/albums that are missing I need to fix.

Jim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-25-2005 at 07:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Re: tags and art

1. You are right... probably eJ don't see the picture added with your previous tagging program while T&R see it! :(
Well, indeed maybe you need to remove your embeded images and to put them back again using T&R. It's a bit difficult... I hope you don't have too much albums to fix!

Otherwise, why don't you simply put a cover.jpg file in each album folder? Then you just need to build a new eJukebox database. In this way you don't need to remove the previous cover arts in your tags...

2. It's an arbitrary choice of Audiosoft! I suppose that is to prevent eJ shows up a too unorganized album list, and so the list would look bad... But I can say you that originally that was worse! We have already got a diminution of this low limit from Audiosoft. :D

Jim, you can see a list of the last 1000 songs added to eJukebox in the "Tools" -> "Newest songs" menu.

Good luck!

jim

posted on 7-26-2005 at 02:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
artwork

Thank you very much for your help. I will give it a try !!!

Regards
Jim
jim

posted on 8-2-2005 at 10:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
artwork again.

udpate on artwork, I learned that for some reason with me using tag& rename I was getting weird characters, otherwise known as garbage in the tags. I had then to use mp3 tag to remove it. I used FIXTUNES this program seems to download good quality coverart and fix the tags the first time so EJ will read them no problems !!! . Just another program to use as it worked for me. I had to close the artist list and reopen it even after a refresh for the artist to show up but not a big deal.

Jim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-3-2005 at 04:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK Jim, thanks for Fixtunes. I will try it... ;)

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats