Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Using GRADIENTS in .dis files (Screenshot)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

shocked.gif posted on 5-28-2005 at 07:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Using GRADIENTS in .dis files (Screenshot)

.DIS files are CSS files that specify how some objects are displayed in eJukebox. An advanced feature of CSS is that you can set Filters on the display elements. A full list of filters can be found < Here > (Only the entries under FILTERS). An IE5.5 and up Filter DEMO with some of the posibilitys can be found < Here >

The most useful filter for eJukebox might be GRADIENT...as it allows you skip making graphics for some of the elements in an eJukebox skin and instead put in perfectly stretched horizontal or vertical gradients.< Gradient Usage >

THIS GRADIENT FILTER CODE CAN BE ADDED TO ANY ELEMENT IN A .DIS FILE

.title {

filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(enabled='true', startColorstr=lightblue, endColorstr=#F1F5FE, GradientType=0);

}

You can change the startColorstr and endColorstr as well as the GraidentType=0 or 1 for horizontal or vertical graidents.

You can also add 2 digits to the start of the HEX color to set how much the gradient fades with the background.

#FF0000 = normal red
#00FF0000 = all background shown
#55FF0000 = faded 1/2 background - 1/2 red
#99FF0000 = all red gradient shown

Just be carefull as using this technique can effect performance when allot of elements in the display get the effect applied. See that the.dis file doesn't make the display respond to slowly.

Below is Screenshot of an artistlist.dis using a gradient background and an ALPHA filter to make the text fade out on the right side - plus a songlist.dis with album art tiled in the background and a gradient overlayed over it - along with gradients behind the play now icons, album name with image, and the title highlight.

If anyone wants to mess with the new songlist.dis or artistlist.dis i made let me know and I will post it...I will be including it with the next official ejukebox release in skin form.

---

Audiosoft has attached this image:
gradientEJ.jpg - 88.24kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-28-2005 at 09:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah good, it's still interesting for bad graphic artists like me! But don't these filters slow down to much the display?

Thanks.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-28-2005 at 09:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: don't these filters slow down to much the display?

Good question...

I think it might actually be faster when using gradients instead of graphics in the .dis files. The other filters like Alpha you have to watch out for as they seem to make the display less responsive. Use all filters in moderation.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-28-2005 at 10:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
If anyone wants to mess with the new songlist.dis or artistlist.dis i made let me know and I will post it...I will be including it with the next official ejukebox release in skin form.

I'm interested... I still like to mess with the songlist and the artistlist occasionally, even if at the moment I'm focused on the nowplaying panel:
I dream of a laaaaarge cover art in it... :o
Have you made progress in the nowplaying panel?
Can we hope to enjoy with large cover arts in the player panel from the next eJukebox release?

Thanks.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats