Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox 3 is getting stuck
bosh

posted on 4-6-2003 at 02:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox 3 is getting stuck

I'm having a problem with eJukebox 3, in which the currently playing song will finish, and winamp advances to the next song. However, the Now Playing window and the Playlist refuse to update. EJukebox hasn't locked up, because I can continue to carry out other operations, such as add new tracks to the play list, and press the next track button. Doing so jumps to the next track in winamp, but eJukebox still refuses to acknowledge the update. The only way to fix the problem was to quit the application and restart. I had this occur twice yesterday.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-6-2003 at 02:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, we are looking into this. So far we have not been able to reproduce this behavior but another user reported something similar. What version of Winamp and what Playmode are you using?

Also did you ever right click the now playing panel during the eJukebox session in which it got stuck?

Next time it gets stuck try right clicking the Now Playing panel and see if you can get it to get the Previous and Subsequent menu items to work. Then see if it fixes the problem after you exit the menu.

Thank you for your help.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bosh

posted on 4-6-2003 at 07:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am using Winamp 2.81, and the playmode is that I have an set of songs queued up in the playlist window (an album actually.)

I can't recall right clicking on the now playing window. I did attempt the next song button in the now playing window, which did advance the song in winamp, but didn't update the Now Playing window.

The next time it happens I'll attempt the suggested fix to see what happens. I'll also try and get some screenshots.
jhlurie

posted on 4-7-2003 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm occasionally getting the same problem, with Winamp 3.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-7-2003 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you have experienced this problem...What playmode do you have enabled (i.e. Popularity, Custom, Playlist)?

Also is this occuring after it looks up an album cover for the now playing song? Any other info you think may be relevate would be appreciated. Please provide a screenshot if possible. Thank you.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bosh

posted on 4-7-2003 at 05:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All my mp3 files have the image in the id3 tag, so the album image lookup isn't being initiated. I didn't encounter the problem at all this afternoon, but will take some screenshots as soon as it occurs.
Dyno Don

posted on 4-10-2003 at 02:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have one stuck right now. On this machine. Music counted down to -01 secs and stayed there. The music died out. Still songs in the playlist. Right Click brings up the menu. Choosing Play starts the same song over again. It plays and then when over the music stops. Subsequent doesn't work. Previous does.

Odd. When I click winamp to see what is up there a window pops up "Open File" plugins. It is a dialog box for finding plugins for winamp. I close it. Click a song on the list. Window pops up agian AND my song selection is Internet Radio?!? Winamp says next is 07 IceCream Man and that is the name of the song in the internet radio window. Strange. NEVER used internet radio. I click next song. Nothing. Click one on the list, it plays.

It just finished. Stuck again. Click winamp. No open file dialog. Just the same 07IceCream Man as the next song. I delete it from winamps playlist, click on a song in the jukeboxes playlist, it plays and the 07..... is added again to win amps play list. I shut down eJ. Restarted and the problem is still there. Like last night when it happened I will have to reboot the pc.

No. I cleared the playlist by clicking popular mode. But popular won't start. I click on a song from the home page. It starts, problem gone. 07Ice Cream Man is gone.

BTW I was playing a Van Halen Album that DID have that song on it. not 07 though.

Sorry I rambled but I thought I could answer many questions this way.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-10-2003 at 03:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the info.
What I think may be happening in this instance is you have a song in the eJukebox database thats mp3 file location is no longer valid because the file was deleted outside of eJukebox or renamed after the database was built.

Could this be the case?

Dyno Don

posted on 4-10-2003 at 03:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunatley, no. Last night when it happened I was playing a new set of mp3s from one album in order. It stuck in the middle of the list. The files were there. I have seen where a file was deleted and still in eJ. That is understandable.

I try to never delete anything outside of eJ without a complete rebuild.

I will make sure if it happens next time that the songs do exist, but I am sure they do.

I don't know where this "Internet Radio" came from tho. And the 07Icecream man that wouldn't go away.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-10-2003 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That internet radio bug occurs when you try to play a song that's file doesn't exist.

This is most likely not the same bug as you can correct it (staying stuck) by clicking a "play now" icon on the songlist. The other bug apparently makes it impossible to get unstuck until you restart eJukebox.

We still have been unable to reproduce it getting stuck, other than playing a song thats file doesn't exist. Please post in as much detail as possible next time you experience it so we can get this one fixed. Thanks.

Dyno Don

posted on 4-10-2003 at 11:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audisoft,
Thanks for working this issue so proactivley. I will not get to report tonight, but will be using it Friday night. I'll let you know.

Don
bosh

posted on 5-3-2003 at 03:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It happened again. Attempting to navigate with the next and previous buttons changed the song in winamp, however the Now Playing image remained stuck.

Attached is a screenshot.

bosh has attached this image:
screeShot-eJukeboxStuck.jpg - 324.58kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2003 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Note the "3" in the top left hand corner and the "BROWSE SONGS" title at the top. You are in Browse Songs Mode (Where you can go back and forth and show your previously played songs) because the now playing right click menu didn't close properly. We are looking into correcting this problem.

For now, whenever this happens all you have to do is right-click the "now playing" panel then click somewhere outside the menu that pops up. Then it will exit Browse Songs mode and display the current song again.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats