Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Covers
phaxu

posted on 2-7-2004 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Covers

Is it possible to code it so if will search the mp3 dirs first for covers, before it goes on the net and stuff like that. Becaurse i have many albums that i have covers for since no other jukebox have the same system, so i have found the covers manual. To mutch work to poit to the mp3 dir for every album... :)

adamsp70

posted on 2-17-2004 at 10:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I too would like this feature. In a lot of other programs the "defacto standard" seems to be to have cover.jpg in the album directory. I've spent many hours scanning these in and would like it if eJukebox could look there first and only look online if it can't find it.

Any chance of this feature?
Fishy

posted on 2-17-2004 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Agreed. This is a good suggestion that have been brought up several times in this forum. It would make ej a more realistic alternative for those without a internet connection (yes they exists)..

Any chance for this Audiosoft?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Cactusboy

posted on 3-13-2004 at 09:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
this would make me SO happy, I have actually stopped using ejuke for this very reason, this could get me back on track, also an option to guarantee no messing with tags in the original files (I have them how I want them to stay thanks). Again.......please!!!
Fishy

posted on 3-13-2004 at 10:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty please with sugar on top..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
jhlurie

posted on 3-14-2004 at 06:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Personally I hate the "cover.jpg" standard, because it assumes the default behavior of placing music together based on real albums, with each in a dedicated directory.

Not everyone works that way. Some people put all of their music in a single directory. Some group them in arbitrary collections, or by mood. Some make directories based on creating backup CDs.

I'd suggest instead that the default album cover search look for a file named the same as the album, as represented by the name used in the Album field of the MP3 file, with the suffix .JPG or .GIF added. So if the album is "Synchronicity" then the expected local file name is Synchronicity.JPG or Synchronicity.GIF. This allows ANY directory structure.
Fishy

posted on 3-14-2004 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am sure that this could be implemented to please both those who groups music in an album fashion and all mp3's in one directory. It could be done the way you suggest, jhlurie.

However: How interesting are the albumlist and covers for those who collect single songs only? Or did you mean an albumcollection, just sorted out in one directory? Don't take me wrong here. I am just curious.

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 3-15-2004 at 07:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The way i would prefer things too be, would be in this order:

1. Use id3tag image if exists
if it fails, then:
2. Lookup album image through the internet (and retry using Allmusic.com if it
cannot be found at the site eJ uses)
if it fails, then:
3. If the folder structure is relevant, use cover.jpg or folder.jpg or *.jpg.

But since this may vary from user to user, it could be nice to have an option where you give priorities to these alternatives. Much like the boot priorities in BIOS, i guess. So if you know that all your albums have a folder.jpg that is relevant, push up #2 to #1.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-15-2004 at 12:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also would appreciate to have a chance to use my cover.jpg files i still keep in the folder of each album. Even if, since i use eJukebox, i'm get used to put covers into each mp3, under duress... But what i wouldn't do for eJukebox!! ;)
Fishy

posted on 3-15-2004 at 08:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice pseudo Code Junk :) That's the way I would like to see this implemented too. Where the user can define the degree of automaticity in cover and tags altering themselves.

IF Audiosoft could translate this into real code, THEN users will become happy :)

-----------
Fishy
cbsoundman

posted on 3-16-2004 at 03:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see the point of Cover.jpg but, I do not organize my MP3s by album (though that ain't a bad idea). I do not like having anything but .mp3 files in my music folders (which are sorted by genre). I do have a NTFS compressed directory with images of covers named [artist] - [album].jpg where[artist] is the artist and [album] is the album. It would be neet if the program could look in that directory before hitting the Interenet (if enabled) or, for those with cover.jpg, look for that file in the home directory of that MP3, then search your cover directory and then the Internet.
Demnos

posted on 3-16-2004 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
jhlurie wrote
Quote:

I'd suggest instead that the default album cover search look for a file named the same as the album, as represented by the name used in the Album field of the MP3 file, with the suffix .JPG or .GIF added. So if the album is "Synchronicity" then the expected local file name is Synchronicity.JPG or Synchronicity.GIF.

Well, that alone won't work because chances are too high you will have albums by totally different artists but with the same name ("Greatest_Hits.jpg", "Live.jpg", "Unplugged.jpg";) etc. So for those cases, you would be forced to put them in different directories anyway. So since you have to do that, I don't really see any benefit of this naming system over a generic "cover.jpg"...
Cactusboy

posted on 3-19-2004 at 06:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this thread.
Any interest from Audiosoft, I wonder...........................
Cactusboy

posted on 4-1-2004 at 10:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
would appear not..........
junk

posted on 4-18-2004 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since the last posts ended so sady, i just had to point out that cover.jpg/folder.jpg support is on its way, see this thread. :)

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=720
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats