Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: [FIXED in v3.0] eJ stops playing in Random/Shuffle mode
stsirois

posted on 3-24-2003 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[FIXED in v3.0] eJ stops playing in Random/Shuffle mode

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature...After my selected playlist has finished, songs will randomly play, which is the way I prefer. However, after a bunch of songs have beed played, eJ does not queue up any more songs to play & it stops. I don't know how many songs it plays before it stops, but it seems like it takes an hour or two before eJ stops playing. I would like it if it played until almost all my songs have been played, which would take some time since I have over 7000 songs.

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-24-2003 at 06:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The random playback is most likely stopping because one of your MP3 files is corrupted and is not able to play all the way through.

To correct this problem open eJukebox's control panel, click the "Sound" tab at the top. Then check the option "Prevent Playback Stoppage".

This will make eJukebox start playing another song automatically when this happens.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stsirois

posted on 3-26-2003 at 01:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm...I have never had Winamp 2.x (by itself, no eJ) stop playing on me when I had my entire MP3 collection queued up in shuffle mode. Yet, so far with eJ, every time I leave it running for a number of hours, it stops playing at some point. I'll have to do perform some experiments so that I can get you some concrete data to work with. eJ wouldn't happen to have a feature that outputs a list of songs that it has played along with maybe a date/time stamp?

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-26-2003 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does it still stop playing after a few hours when you have the "Prevent Playback Stoppage" option checked?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bosh

posted on 3-26-2003 at 11:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can confirm this behaviour; with 'Prevent Playback Stoppage' checked, I'll still have the music grind to a halt from time to time. I can never be sure what is triggering it though. However, there are never any songs in the playlist when it happens. I'm just running in the popularity mode.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

biggrin.gif posted on 4-2-2003 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have isolated and fixed this problem in v3.0.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats