Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Problems with album names
jacoblo33

posted on 3-17-2003 at 11:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Problems with album names

I have gone through all my albums and corrected all the id tags...

There are still a few problems...Take this example...

Dave Matthews Band - Lillywhite Session

Both Winamp, Dr. Tag, Tag&Rename show that the album name is Lillywhite Session for all of the tracks. Have gone through and made sure they are correct.

When I load the album in eJukebox, most of the songs show up correctly, but a few show up as Lillywhite Session (unreleased).

The tags are updated for both id3v1 and v2...

I know I can edit it, but it happens with a few albums and I can't figure out why its happening. All the tag are the way they should...

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jacoblo33

posted on 3-17-2003 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
50 cent - Get Rich or Die Trying shows up as 50 cent - Get Rich or Die Trying shows up (bootlegged)

DMB - Live at Luther College shows the artist being Dave Matthews Band & Tim Reynolds (well aware both of them are part of the concert, but prefer the songs to only include DMB) even though all tags show Dave Matthews Band being the only artist.

Does eJ go by any different tags as well or?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
bosh

posted on 3-18-2003 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
3 or 4 tracks out of my 4000 mp3s exhibit the same behaviour. No idea why.

Off hand I can remember that They Might Be Giants "Purple Toupee" always imports into eJukebox as being on the album "Then (Disk 2)", however it's tagged as the album "Lincoln". Album image comes in correct, just the album name is wrong.
jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 09:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
does audiosoft have any clue what's going on with this?

A bit annoying. Spent 10+ hours fixing all my tags and Still got this problem...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2003 at 09:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What may be happening is that previous looked up album names are being restored to eJukebox during rebuilding instead of using the new album ID3 tag data, when the album ID3 tag is modified outside of the ejukebox editor.

We are looking into this issue.

Do the effected songs have ID3 images embedded in the ID3 tag using Dr. Tag/Tag & Rename?

Currently, you can disable old looked up album names from being restored during rebuilding by checking the "Do no restore old album cover data" option on the eJukebox database manager.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 10:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All of the effected songs have images attached...
Added that this weekend.

But I had the same problem before I went through all my mp3s.

Last night I unchecked Compilation on four of my albums (since I didn't want them on top and wanted them all together).
I rebuilt the whole database from scratch this morning in hope that it would fix the album name problem. To my suprise, the four albums I unchecked Compilation (and showed up as being normal albums last night), now appears on top again with the compilation option checked.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2003 at 10:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We should have this fixed for v3.0.

Do the albums you unchecked "compilation" on have the word "various" in the artist name?

If they do that explains why they were remarked as compilations after rebuilding... as eJukebox sets albums with the word "various" in the artist name as compilations on database building.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 10:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds good

3 out of the 4 does have Various Artists. The 4th one is Soundtrack of our lives - Behind the Music

I installed beta 2 a few minutes ago, and approximately 15-20 albums show up without cover image now, even though it worked fine in beta 1 and images still show up in tag&rename and dr.tag
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2003 at 10:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do you think the incorrect album names that are showing up could be previous eJukebox looked up album names for that song?

When you rebuilt the database this morning did you check the option ""Do no restore old album cover data"?

Also when you say ''15-20 albums show up without cover image now" ....what shows up? a blank white cover? Does eJukebox attempt to lookup covers for these songs? or are you referring to the albums not showing up in the album list only?

jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 11:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It just shows up with the Album name in the box. No blank cover or anything.

I don't really know...
In the case of 50 cent, it adds the word bootleg to the album, while in the Dave Matthews Band album, half show up fine and half have unreleased added on.

Does eJukebox download album names from the net, or how does it work?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2003 at 11:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

It just shows up with the Album name in the box. No blank cover or anything.

What happens when you play a song from one of these albums? Does it show the album image under now playing? Does it attempt to lookup an image? Are you sure these 15-20 albums actually have images embedded in the ID3 tag and you can see the images in tag & rename?

--
If it added "bootleg" then that was infact an old looked up album name. The word "bootleg" only appears in the album name in eJukebox and not in the ID3 tag in Tag&Rename, correct? And that song has an ID3 embedded image now, correct?

jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 11:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I fixed the album images. Redid and it worked fine

If I make an album an compilation, will it be unchecked if i redo the database? or does it only alter that option when the artist is Various Artists?

Yep, the album with bootleg has an id3 embedded image, the word bootleg doesn't show up anywhere in the tag in either Tag&Rename, Dr.Tag or Winamp
jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I want my Soundtracks to be compilations, but is there no way to have them appear with the rest of my albums and not separated on top?

If I don't add compilation, most of albums won't show all the songs when I try to open it. So that's out of the question.
jacoblo33

posted on 3-18-2003 at 12:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tons of example of the id3 tags...

Panjabi MC - Murdian To Back Ke shows up being apart of The Rough Guide to Bhanga in eJukebox, while there is no v1 or v2 tag indicating that the song belongs to any album

This is a single and not part of any album, and doesn't have any image embedded into the tag.

There are at least 20 similar singles under Newest Songs, even though I have removed all Album names from my single track.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2003 at 10:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have corrected songs getting incorrect album names after rebuilding under v3.0.

Rebuild your database under the v3.0 final (which will be released very soon) to get the correct album names from the ID3 tags in eJukebox.

jacoblo33,
If your song does not have an ID3 album name eJukebox will attempt to lookup one which is what is causing your singles to recieve album names. This is not a bug. If an album image is found for a song...that image (and album name if the song does not have an ID3 album name) will be used after rebuilding. The only thing we may do in the future for this is add an button on the editor to clear the album image and name to make it stay a single.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats