Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: updated now its not working
jaxrtfm

puzzled.gif posted on 4-13-2011 at 08:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
updated now its not working

Hi Guys

i've been using EJ pro for a while now, loving it. I updated to 5.58 last night, update Db, now when i run from the Icon it throws me straight to the 'order' screen.

I deleted my licence and uninstalled and reinstalled EJ, rerigistered and all looked good, until i restarted and I have the exact same issue only now i cant get my registration for another 30days, I have U2U admin but had no response as yet, and iTunes sux after having EJ.

My PC config hasn't changed at all since my original install a year ago Win7 Pro 64bit, using onboard sound because i cant make up my mind which one to get, and like i said, it hasn't had any issues until I updated last night....

Anyone got anythoughts until i hear from Admin ????
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-13-2011 at 10:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
please check your U2U messages

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jaxrtfm

posted on 4-13-2011 at 10:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok, i've checked the U2U, I clicked the EJ Icon and it tells me its already running, but alt+tab show nothing except these pages, i'll shut these all down and try. Dont go anywhere i'll be back shortly :D
jaxrtfm

posted on 4-13-2011 at 10:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wound up restarting the pc, i couldn't find the 'already running' EJ. i had previously uninstalled EJ so i reinstalled 5.28 which is what i had prior to updating. All went well. i only told it to search a single album folder for mp3s (10 songs) it finished and was loading the skins and i got a message that it had stopped responding. It then shut down.

I appreciate your assistance and realise there is not going to be a quick fix for this....... I just miss my EJ :(

I've just tried restarting the program and getting the same 'please' register box as before.........

I get a funny feeling there is going to be a reformat happening this weekend :D
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
for some reason win7 always crashes at loading playback on the very first start after installing. after that crash if you double click the EJ desktop icon it works good from then on ...though you should update to v5.58 as previous versions do not close all the way on exit since a windows update.... that is why it said it was 'already running' before.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jaxrtfm

posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I dont remember having this problem first time i installed :)

I've clicked the icon.... ..... nothing is happening, not even the 'register' window
the .exe is in the task manager processes window, nothing in the apps window though.

i'll download and update while you listen to some thinking music :P
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
make sure to first endtask on any ejukebox.exe's in windows task manager under CTRL+ALT+DEL

download and run the upgrade.
http://audiosoft.net/download.htm

click register now and use license.

jaxrtfm

posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LOL, i'm glad i'm use to 'working' with computers because i had logged off before i saw your reply...

BUT..... on restart, EJ automatically started up, asked for registration........

AND ITS WORKING (maybe i should have said that quietly :D )

I'm not sure how you've managed to fix it, because we've done nothing that i hadn't tried before starting this thread but you've got the magic touch obviously .

Now i've got to go and find all my skins again - and back them up somewhere this time, I might wait for a few days before i tell it to scan my entire music collection just in case

Thank you so much.... i'll drop back in tomorrow night and let you know if its still behaving itself !
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great glad to help! :D

jaxrtfm

posted on 4-14-2011 at 09:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh dear !

started the PC. EJ didn't auto run (but i cant remember if i turn the option off if there is one)

clicked the icon it took me to the registration box/order page then a small window popped up "licence removed as requested" I then went in and used the license. all good, program started as expected i ran it for 5 minutes - i closed the program, checked task manager to make sure it had closed - yep all good, restarted the program and i'm back to the '0 trial days please register'

"there's a glitch in the matrix'' :P
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-14-2011 at 11:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
last time it fixed itself after you restarted.
it removed the license because you didn't "Use License"

restart windows and if you still get the 0 days left then click "Register Now!"...enter your email/password..."License is Full" then "Remove License". Finally click "Use License"

also stay on v5.58 and don't run any old version

jaxrtfm

posted on 4-14-2011 at 11:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i've left the 5.58, i havent changed that. I'll go and restart and try again :)

ok. restarted PC.

started EJ > Enter registration details > 'licence full'> removable in 28 days :(

although it does pop up and tell me registration is better with admin permissions, ! the program is already set for admin, and the EJ shortcut is showing 'run as admin' icon ! ? !
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-14-2011 at 03:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sorry about that i have reset your wait

jaxrtfm

posted on 4-18-2011 at 10:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not avoiding/ ignoring you :)

Thank you for all your help so far, I went to register, it told me that "registration would be better if EJ was run as administrator" even though the icon shows the admin shield. I told it yes to admin. I registered it and it started up as it should, (whoopee) i got the start up window that gave the option to delete or change it, (I touched neither) and it was working well,
I totally shut the PC down rather than a restart. Started EJ as admin (right click , run as admin) and it worked. (double woohoo) I shutdown again and started EJ just by double clicking the desktop Icon, and got the registration box again. ( 0 day trial) So i right clicked the icon to "run as admin" and still got the '0 day trial box' again

I went through to register -'licence full' - clicked on it and its telling me 'removeable in 27 days'

I'm not stressing over this so please dont worry too much, I'd just like to know why its doing this..... like i said in the beginning, this is the first time its given me a hard time. i think i may have updated it once since original install.

Maybe i should just bite the bullet and reformat, its probably due for a good clean out :cool:

05 May: I admit defeat, not something i do easily.
I have tried everything that I know and picked some 'guru' brains along the way, none- one can figure out why its losing the electronic registration details, but each time i restart I lose all registration details. so unless someone has some suggestions - - - -

I am going to build a dedicated music PC - something I should have done from the start i think !
Something has caused this to crash and burn.
jaxrtfm

posted on 6-15-2011 at 10:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, just an update for anyone who is interested, I never got around to a dedicated music PC, (still planning on one) due to recuoping from surgery, but I saw the 5.64 update and thought "cant hurt", so i updated EJ, then removed and reinstated my licence (how quick time flies) and its all working fine ! ? !

I'll probably never know what happened or why, but i'm just happy its working again. thanks audiosoft for your assistance along the way, its greatly appreciated:D
peleus

posted on 1-19-2013 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess some things are better left unsaid then.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats