Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Database looses almost all songs after shutdown
crlove

puzzled.gif posted on 9-26-2009 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Database looses almost all songs after shutdown

When I close eJukebox it has 1000's of songs when I reopen it between 10-100 songs. The DB and M3U look the same size when it has all the songs and when it has the small number. If you request to add new songs it does not pick up any of the missing songs a rebuild doesn't work either I deleted the asn and m3u and did a reload twice same issue running .99.98 latest.

Any ideas Audiosoft?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-26-2009 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sounds like UAC...are you on vista?
if yes make sure to install to C:\eJukebox and not in program files
also may need to right click C:\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe and run as administrator

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
crlove

posted on 9-26-2009 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
XP so no UAC. I'm running as an Administrator account when using eJukebox. I do have it in the program files directory though.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-27-2009 at 05:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmmm are you sure your Home button view then shows between 10-100 songs in your database? are you files on a network drive?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
crlove

posted on 9-27-2009 at 01:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It is not always between 10-100 sometimes it is in the 1000's but always much less than the total count. Yes the songs are on a network drive but I can always open the folder when I have the issue from the eJukebox drive and I have always had the on a network drive. The strange thing is db.m3u show allot more than the home page shows.
crlove

posted on 9-27-2009 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I tried an attached usb drive for the songs location but it forgot all the songs after a close and reopen. This was according to the home page I tried using Add songs and it skipped some 3000 songs before starting to add songs to the db as if it didn't know them before. After all this a close and reopen and a bunch are gone again.

I've been using the same equipment for several years thru many versions I haven't had such DB problems since eJukebox 3.x days.
crlove

eureka.gif posted on 9-29-2009 at 12:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe I should try a fresh install of eJukebox. Should I use v4.99.95 and I'd like to be able to put back my settings if all works out with the install. Should I just keep the .ini files and will I need to reregister if I'm just uninstalling and reinstalling on the same computer?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-29-2009 at 04:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe the drive letter changed? you can use Clean/Refresh to fix that
also see if you can drag files from explorer to the playlist to add them.

btw do not edit the db.m3u file or 'add new files' will not work correctly.

you may install as many times as you want in to different folders on the same computer and it will use the same computer license.
I would run the .95 full install to C:\eJukebox2\
Then if you want transfer ejukebox.ini and .98 ejukebox.exe from C:\eJukebox\ to eJukebox2\
Only thing is your ejukebox.ini may have something bad in it ...so you may not want to transfer it or backup/rename the new one first. If you are happy with it then you can delete the old eJukebox folder.

crlove

posted on 9-29-2009 at 09:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I never edit m3u only delete it and the asn to create a new fresh DB for eJukebox. No the letter is the same X: thanks for the tip on multiple installs on one machine. I may do that next time I get a working eJukebox I can try the betas in another install.
I'm trying a fresh 4.99.98 install now no ini transfers till tested for a while.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats