Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Duplicates being added of existing mp3 files
crlove

puzzled.gif posted on 9-17-2009 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Duplicates being added of existing mp3 files

When I run the add new songs feature in eJukebox it will add alot of the same files that are in the same location with the same name as the were before. It has actually happened for several versions. It added over half the same files back into the db even running .97beta.
In the past I have just rebuilt the DB to add new songs but I noticed a duplicate fix a few betas back so I thought I'd try again.
Should I inspect the db.m3u for duplicate paths?
crlove

posted on 12-16-2009 at 01:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any suggestions on what to do to prevent adding new songs from finding 1000's of the existing songs and adding them to the db? The only way to add new songs without doubling my db size is to erase the existing db and finding all my files. :(
These songs have not moved, file names have not changed, maybe some have had lyrics added. The file name or location have not changed. v5.02 on XP mp3 files on network drive.

How are duplicates or new files determined by ejukebox?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-16-2009 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
duplicates are determined by db.m3u which is loaded with the paths when files are added.
if the file path exists in db.m3u it does not get added again when you use "add new files".
Solution: Never edit db.m3u!
Just use the Tools->Update database and rebuild your database and then after that use add new files. and keep using add new files and it won't pick up duplicates.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
crlove

posted on 12-16-2009 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Just use the Tools->Update database and rebuild your database and then after that use add new files. and keep using add new files and it won't pick up duplicates.

I did the rebuild as suggested and it only found 10% of what the original DB had. I'm doing a complete new db.m3u and ejuke.asn. I 'll see what happens next time I add songs the strange thing was when I did the rebuild both the asn and m3u grew in size but the displayed songs were considerably less.
crlove

eureka.gif posted on 10-28-2010 at 09:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still have issue when looking for new mp3 and loading old mp3

So to Recap if I have EJ look for new songs (Tools-Update Music Database-Update Manager-Add New Files) starting at the Root of my Music folder it will most of the time start reloading mp3 files that exist and have not changed directories. It usually will make it in a random number of songs before it start finding old mps files. It seems once it starts finding the already existing mp3 files all following mp3 files are new. Now that I can look in the asn and m3u what should I look for when it finds the old mp3 files as new? I would like to make copies of any files I would need to restore if EJ starts loading these old files to get back to my original settings and DB. Is that just the ASN and the m3u that need to be copied/replaced or are there other files?
I hope we can work together to solve this as this has been a pain for me for years.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-28-2010 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Look in your db.m3u...no file paths should be listed twice.

the db.m3u holds the locations of all the files added to the database so that when the path is in the db.m3u it will not be added to the database again from Add new files.
the db.m3u is reset on database rebuild. Is filled on rebuild and grows with new file paths on Add New Files.

it would be nice if i could have EJ create db.m3u automatically based on the .asn database. However when you delete a mp3 file or folder using the EJ song editor it keeps the file in the db.m3u and not the .asn so that Add new files doesn't add it back after you have removed it from your collection. Thus db.m3u must exist and must be transferred with ejuke.asn when the song paths are the same and you are not planning to rebuild the database. There is no reason to edit db.m3u because doing so will break new file detection. To copy or backup the database you must keep db.m3u and ejuke.asn together.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats