Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Favorite Winamp Skins to use with eJukebox running
jhlurie

posted on 6-15-2003 at 11:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Favorite Winamp Skins to use with eJukebox running

How do you like your Winamp2 or Winamp 3 configured, skin-wise, when using eJukebox?

-----------------------------------------------------

Because I've got system memory up the yin-yang, I use Winamp3 instead of 2. I like to make my Winamp player very compact when using eJukebox, although I still prefer it to show rather than simply be minimized.

I used to use the RemoteSensing skin (click here), since its easily the best compromise I've seen between compactness and convenience. The important thing with RemoteSensing is to use the "WindowShade" mode--which reduces the interface to tiny little blue-green strips which can be very unobtrusive placed along the top of your screen, but which roll over with a mouse-pass to be fully functional. What I always used to do was to array the various panels (the main player, the EQ, the playlist, etc.) end-to-end across the top of my screen and then window-shade them all, so that I could access virtually anything in Winamp quickly without having to take that much space.

I've just switched to the nonStep skin (click here), because of the cool way it retracts itself (although you have to dig in the settings to find this capability)--its much bigger than RemoteSensing when unretracted, but retracts to a nice little tab that fits nicely right under my eJukebox along the right side of my screen and unretracts in a way that blocks almost none of whatever I happen to be working on onscreen. Like the RemoteSensing skin, you've got to fiddle with this one a bit to get things perfect (docking settings, retraction settings, etc.)--but its well worth it.
EDIT - Later. I discovered a bug between eJukebox and the nonStep skin, so don't use it, unless Audiosoft is able to figure this out. Bug reported in the bug area.

What do you folks use?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-16-2003 at 11:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since I use eJukebox I don't use any skin. I just minimize Winamp2 since eJ take control of it. I prefer quite forget Winamp and give the total control to eJukebox.
Before eJukebox I had spent time to find some nice skins, but many of them was weary me quite rapidly... However I'll look at yours, by curiosity!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats