Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.53
Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-8-2007 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Give this ejukebox.exe a try.

-updates the internal video player video window so that it shows up borderless over the now playing cover

-click the video to show the window border and you can move or resize it.

do you like being able to move and resize the window?
or should it only show the video over the now playing cover (when not fullscreen)? let me know what you think

I just tried this latest update.

I like that it plays videos in the top left corner and it’s great that it play videos borderless since I’m not a big fan of the light blue border. I have one problem with it; when I open a new video folder and the video plays it doesn’t completely cover the now playing cover art. I can see about 1 cm protruding out the bottom & a few mm of it on the right hand side (I’m using 500x500 art work). I can easily fix it by resizing the window but it would be better if when I played videos, it completely covered the album art without fiddling and having to resize it.

Personally I think its good being able to move & resize the window, however if the video window completely covered the now playing cover art and no edges were protruding, I would probably never use this option.

I’ve encountered a problem and that if is I close ejukebox with a music video folder open (& video playing) when I restart the ejukebox I can hear the video but only the folder art is in the now playing window. If I click on another video it makes no difference. The only way I can get it to play videos again is to click on an mp3 (and than) click on a video file and they start to show up again in the now playing window.
mchawk

posted on 4-8-2007 at 05:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
just my 2 cents

Hello Audiosoft,

the idea to play (music)videos with EJ is really great.

It worked really fine with WMP11 and WinXP.

But I think you've got a lot of work to do until this feature will perfect fit:

1. Let's talk about aspect-ratio:
A cover has a aspect-ratio of 1:1 (= square)
Videos have standard-aspect-ratio of 4:3 or 16:9.

If I want to show the video within the cover-area I either see parts of the covers or I get "Flathead/Conehead-Artist" ;)

I suggest that you disable the display of the cover if a video is shown.
If all my videos are the same a.r. this will be a solution.

I have no idea for videos with different a.r. - As I see it, WMP will not automatically rescale the video.

2. Videotags in the medialibary
This is one "very-nice-to-have"-feature.

If I have the same song as video and audio I cannot differ this in the libary.
Therefore a "Video"-Logo / Sign / Tag / whatever would be really nice.

Speaking of libary and same songs. It should be prevent, that a video .... how should I say .... "damages" an audio-album. If I like to hear an album I don't like to hear songs twice... Got what I mean?

3. And Winamp...?
I like winamp and it's plugins - in the first volume-leveling-tools (Rocksteady & Co.). and the really cool crossfading tool from sqrsoft.
Do you plan or is it possible to use the video-feature the same way with winamp as with wmp?

Greetings an nice holidays....

mchawk
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2007 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Winamp already works fine for videos. Some codecs aren't the best, but it also has options for aspect ratio. We have been using it for years, but in a second monitor, not in the now playng area.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-10-2007 at 11:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the good comments

v4.54 has some of the requested improvements and is now available at: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2067

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats