Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Auto Volume Level?
Rich

posted on 3-14-2003 at 01:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Auto Volume Level?

I was wondering if it was possible to adjust the volume level of songs automatically as they start.

I've found software that will analyze audio files and make the changes to the files themselves, but the end result is almost always lower in quality than the original.

So, my idea is to check the level of the song in the first couple of seconds and then adjust the volume of the application to meet a pre-determined level. If the song is too loud, the volume drops; too soft, the volume increases.

This would eliminate both the need to directly manipulate files and manually adjust the volume.

Perhaps this belongs in the "General" catagory, but it is a feature that would be great.

As an alternative, if anyone knows of a winamp plug-in that already does this, or a program that can change the db of audio files without discernable loss, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Rich
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-14-2003 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Check out the RockSteady 2.1 Winamp 2.x plugin:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=1099

There is also the Wide & Dynamix Winamp 2.x plugin:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=3973

Let us know which one you prefer and we will move this post over to the "Recommend a Winamp Plugin" section.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rich

posted on 3-14-2003 at 05:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the plug-in links! I downloaded both and tested them for about 1/2 hour and it's pretty clear that RockSteady 2.1 is the better choice.

While Wide & Dynamix has an inventive interface, it's a pain to have to fiddle with the knobs to fine tune the settings to achieve desired results.

RockSteady 2.1 is more of a "set it and forget it" plug in. Once you experiment with the settings through a few songs, the provided presets seem to do the trick.

While typing this, I located Audiostocker which is similar plug in. I'll try it out and get back with how it compared to RockSteady.

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 3-14-2003 at 05:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
AudioStocker is outdated and has been replaced by a shareware product called OCTIMAX. Regardless, I still find RockSteady 2.1 to be the better solution of those discussed here so far.

Thanks,
Rich
Alpheratz13

posted on 4-15-2003 at 06:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi, :)

I have all of 3 pluggings, but i found out that OCTIMAX is the BEST, the sound is more better, it's sound GREAT, but is was shocked about the price of this pluggin :(, so i use RockSteady 2.1.

Irving
cornacchia

posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Try Sound Solution... http://www.soundsolution.it or http://www.tmsweb.dnsalias.com/.
It's a multiband compressor-expander-limiter.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats