Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: eJukebox v4.1 Released
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-18-2006 at 08:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v4.1 Released

Here is eJukebox v4.1!

eJukebox v4.1 is now available for download HERE

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

v4.1 Updates:

-New Song Change PopUp Notification Window. new display option to enable/disable Song Change PopUp
-Fixed AutoPlay not finding a new next song when current song's artist name contained a '
-eJukebox now supports Media Keyboard Keys for play/pause/stop/Previous/Next
-Album Carousel rotation speed now 'gradually' slows down when your mouse leaves
-New Option to "AutoStop Rotation" of carousel to make it slow to a stop when your mouse is not over the carousel. New Option Enabled by Default
-increased size/Readability of album name text on carousel
-fixed Artist List not refreshing after adding new music
-large << play >> buttons now disabled by default when they will not fit on the horizontal panel width. New option "Always Show Large Play Buttons" to force display of large buttons above playtime when at lower resolutions.

-3 Day Trial Extension for all unregistered users who's 30 day trial has expired. This is one time trial extension so that people who expired under v3.x can evaluate v4.1 for 3 days.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-18-2006 at 07:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft, now the carousel is in total control: When it doesn't spin unnecessarily it saves a lot of cpu noise!

PS: And if eJukebox could also stop my hard drive rotation humming.. that would be perfect!! :D

If someone know about a diskless eJukebox, or any screen-keyboard-sound deport solution, I'm interested!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-18-2006 at 10:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

BTW I made sure the carousel ALWAYS keeps rotating when the 'Show currently playing songs album when inactive" option goes into effect.

I think we talked about diskless before but here is an article about up and coming flash hard drives that will ultimately make slow, loud, spinning hard drives obsolete: LINK

In the coming years these new flash drives will replace spinning disks and allow PCs to actually Always work fast and quietly. I too feel stuck waiting for my spinning drive to respond allot of the time even when CPU and Memory are mostly free....like when Outlook is downloading email and the antispam/antivirus is going.

One thing to look forward to with Vista is that it will add support for hybrid drives (large disks with a flash cache) and allow the use of USB flash drives to improve system performance. Hopefully diskless flash hard drives will continue to drop in price per GB while their sizes increase. Currently the only affordable FAST hard drives with large capacities are 10,000 RPM drives and RAID setups...but it will not be long before that changes.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-18-2006 at 11:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can I get one more confirmation that v4.1 works ok? Before I go and update the website, official download links, new version check and get started on the next update.

rllercstr7

posted on 10-19-2006 at 05:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
Everything with the carosel that has changed seems to work fine for me. The media key support does not seem to be fully functional for me. I have a bank of media keys on my keyboard and they currently function with eJukebox like this:

Play/Pause - doesn't alternate between play & pause just starts the currently playing song over from the begining.
Next - functions correctly
Previous - No function (also I didn't find any new hotkeys for this in the text document that outlines them all)
Stop - functions correctly

Also one bug I have noticed in the past is that when eJukbox first asks whether or not to lookup album covers; it doesn't check the box "disable automatic Album Cover Lookups" if you decline.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-19-2006 at 05:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Autocover lookups only are done the first time songs are played that do not have cover/folder.jpg or ID3 tag images. I see your point but I don't think clicking NO to the first time lookup should automatically make it not find a cover for the currently playing song when no cover exists yet.

Regarding the Media Keyboard Keys I will look into that. It works great here. As for not adding it to the keyboard shortcut list well the keys are kind of self explanatory. I'll add them to the list in the next update.

rllercstr7

posted on 10-19-2006 at 05:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, maybe its just that I don't get what that album lookup dialogue is for. Is it to tell eJukebox not to lookup images for songs that already have them then?

I don't know if this helps at all, but I am using a Logitech keyboard. (The only reason I asked about the previous hotkey was because play already uses ctr+P which is the obvious one) Thanks Audiosoft!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-19-2006 at 06:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The first time album lookup searches for covers for albums names in the list that do not have (ej lookup/cover/folder.jpg or ID3 tag) images. It only looks up an image matched to the album name when there is no user image. The difference with the AutoLookups is that they occur the first time a song that does not have art (ej lookup/cover/folder.jpg or ID3 tag) is played. These lookups are also able to lookup the 'album name' via artist and song title when no user album name or image exists.

Fishy

posted on 10-19-2006 at 08:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7: I also have a Logitech keyboard and have the same issues as you.

Audiosoft: I know it is close to a release, but I have a small request. Is it possible to make the "hide duplicate songs" in the songlist optional (on by default)? Both on search and normal songlist listing. I espeically like to get multiple instances of the same tunes during search. There may for instance be interesting to get different versions of the same songs, performed by different artists etc.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-19-2006 at 11:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
BTW I made sure the carousel ALWAYS keeps rotating when the 'Show currently playing songs album when inactive" option goes into effect.

I've seen that too indeed.. All is perfect! ;)

Concerning diskless PC, I currently use a 400GB drive for my music collection plus the system. I'm not sure they will provide 400GB in flash drives soon! This is why I look for a diskless remote solution. I've made some test with a old fanless Pentium3 500Mhz. The only noise come from the HD! I've just run win 98 on it, and I can see winXP on it using the desktop remote connection. So the old PC displays win XP, and the sound come back to the old PC too through the network cable. I would just need to put win98 on a IDE compact flash card, et voilĂ ! :)
The only thing is until now the remote connection doesn't works with Vista on win 98!!

:cool: Pirk
Willum

posted on 10-19-2006 at 03:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Origineel gepost door Audiosoft
Can I get one more confirmation that v4.1 works ok? Before I go and update the website, official download links, new version check and get started on the next update.

No problems here... looks nice and stable.. (i'm focusing a bit more to the new winamp version)
Dragon_slayer

posted on 10-20-2006 at 03:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is my first post on the Audiosoft forums, however, I been using eJukebox for the past seven months or so.

I like most of the changes made to the latest build except for one; the new option to "AutoStop Rotation" of carousel. I thought the carousel rotating continually was a great edition, now it looks sort of out of place and useless (easily remedied via options though).

The other concern, is that I had to disable a security feature for IE7 (allow status bar update via script). Hopefully Microsoft will address this problem before the final release of IE7 and make that security feature more flexible. :(

Keep up the great work!! :D

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats