Board Logo

Small, but irritating bug
Fishy - 2-5-2011 at 01:45 PM

Audiosoft, could you fix it so artist names that include special Norwegian letters such as æ, ø and å do not get lowercased?

This probably also applies to other languages with special characters such as e.g. French.

Pirk - 2-6-2011 at 03:18 PM

Fishy, well i'm not sure if it applies to us, because in French we rarely use special letters for uppercases. could you post a screenshot?

Fishy - 2-11-2011 at 04:32 PM

Thanks Pirk.

Please find attached a screenshot showing in further detail what I am referring to. see. e.g. "bjørk", "bjørn berge" and "bjørn torske" which all stand out from the other artists starting with upper case.

Fishy - 2-11-2011 at 04:35 PM

Pirk, also this does not solely apply when the special letter is at the very beginning in an artist's name. This applies when any special character is in the name of the artist such as e.g. 'bjørk'

Pirk - 2-11-2011 at 05:51 PM

Thank you Fishy, so it seems that strangely i don't have this problem!
Maybe could you try the French language on your PC? :D

Audiosoft - 2-12-2011 at 07:15 AM

do the characters show up lowercase like that in the right click song editor?
if yes then this is probably a bug related to the proper-case fixing done when adding to the database...

found the bug. this has been fixed for v5.53...
You can use the song editor's rename button to fix them using v5.52 or
wait and rebuild the tracks with those characters in the next version. v5.53 will fix it so words with accented character are no longer turned lowercase when they are added to the database.

Fishy - 2-13-2011 at 04:12 PM

Thanks Audiosoft, I will wait for the update :)

peleus - 2-23-2013 at 06:39 PM

Hi, any notes please if this is already included in the current version out?