Board Logo

eJukebox CD to mp3
Pirk - 1-31-2010 at 11:39 AM

Audiosoft, a long time I not tried to import a CD in eJukebox.. it does not work for me:
1. if I'm NOT connected to Internet. As soon as I press "Create mp3 files...", I get this message: "Could not open: D:Track01.cda(0)" (cf sceenshot)
2. if I'm connected to Internet, the ripper crash the whole eJukebox interface while "Looking up Album Cover Image...".
I noticed the crashing NOT occurs the FIRST TIME I insert a CD, I mean a CD I never ripped before: in this case cddb infos and album cover are retrieved. but it's also ending with the message "Could not open track01.." despite everything. And any future attempt with the same CD will crash eJ while "Looking up Album Cover Image..."!

Thanks.

PS: I'm on Windows 7 64 bits. CD import from the Winamp Media Library works good.

Audiosoft - 2-1-2010 at 04:02 AM

Pirk,

Is this only with that CD or all CDs?

Pirk - 2-1-2010 at 10:20 AM

I just tried with a very old CD.. and the extraction works with this CD. so maybe the problem occurs because of copy protections on more recent CDs? I can extract recent CDs in the winamp media library.

Pirk - 2-1-2010 at 08:43 PM

Audiosoft, do you think you can update the eJukebox CD ripper for recent CDs?

Otherwise, there are some "hieroglyphs" in the ripper:

Pirk - 2-2-2010 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk,

Is this only with that CD or all CDs?

I not tried "all" CDs! In fact I stopped to buy CDs the day they commonly added copy protections.. I would say my more recents CDs are from 2003 and I don't know if actual CDs still have these protections? but I have some CDs that eJukebox can't extract contrary to winamp or even the windows media library!

skid - 3-20-2010 at 02:51 AM

I've got this a couple times with CDs as well...both times it happened on CDs that ended with a video track.

skid - 11-10-2010 at 06:02 AM

Any chance of getting a fix for this one?