Board Logo

Cannot play any Netrelated Videos
blackcat - 5-22-2009 at 08:08 AM

I cannot get videos to Netrelated videos to play at all on both my XP and vista systems.

On my XP machine which uses the latest build (4.99.0.86), I get the following error message when trying to play a net video using the internal player:-

eJukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close.

When I switch to Winamp, the video is added to the now playing screen but is immediately replaced by a mp3 from the automatic playlist.

Any suggestions?

Audiosoft - 5-22-2009 at 04:33 PM

just updated the .86 exe under 'latest updates'. fixes a problem with the initialization of the streams on some setups. give that a try and let me know if it works now for you. also the winamp option does not matter...you need flash or quicktime 7 (for full quality) installed to watch NetRelateds.

blackcat - 5-23-2009 at 09:29 AM

Thanks Audiosoft.

I installed the updated version and when trying to play a netvideo I got a popup stating that the internal player couldn't play the media file with a "tip" to download the appropriate codec or to try installing 'K-Lite Codec Pack' from Codecguide.com.

I installed the standard 'K-Lite Code Pack'. The popup doesn't appear now, the video seems to load into the now playing window but automatically pauses. Any attempt to try and play the video doesn't work, always reverting to pause mode.

Let me know if you need me to try anything else.

Audiosoft - 5-23-2009 at 10:50 PM

32bit processors or 64bit? you have quicktime installed yes?
do you see the buffer progress bar at all after clicking the netrelated's thumbnail?

blackcat - 5-25-2009 at 09:11 AM

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+ with latest quicktime installed.

I see the progress bar briefly, but it doesn't move. Now playing window turns white shortly before I get the "eJukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close" window.

Audiosoft - 5-28-2009 at 05:01 AM

blackcat 4.99.87 is HERE grab the exe and let me know if it fixes it for you!

blackcat - 5-28-2009 at 05:51 PM

Thanks Audiosoft - netvideos play fine now.