Board Logo

Artist & Album info missing
SimonC - 11-9-2007 at 07:05 PM

I tried to get an answer from this on a previous post, but got no reply.

Audiosoft - can you tell me what has changed in the way EJ interprets id3 tags in the recent releases please?

I rip my cd's from with itunes when the cd database on EJ fails to recognise cd info.

In recent realeases, if I open up the mp3 info in EJ, EJ reads a zero for artist info on some tracks and nothing in the album title.
If I look at the properties under windows xp all the info is present.

If I downgrade to EJ 4.84, rebuild the databse or rip in itunes, it will quite happily read and display correct info.
If I then upgrade to 4.88 or 4.89 it will keep that info until I rebuild the database or add new itunes ripped music. (I have not tried versions 4.85 4.86 4.87)

I have tried this on 2 pc's - the same happens.

I really don't want to re-deit all these cd's and I don't think that downgrading to 4.84 every time I have a new cd that the EJ ripper doesn't recognise, or everytime I need to rebuild the database is a very good permanent answer!

Can you help here please?

privatejz - 11-9-2007 at 07:30 PM

i was having this same issue with some of my tags. it was suggested to me to resave them using 'mp3tag'. i eventually found that ej would read them perfectly if i saved all my mp3s with the following settings.

SimonC - 11-9-2007 at 07:36 PM

Thanks privatejz

It may come to that - but I have in excess of 150 cd's to do this with and when all said and done EJ WAS reading all of these ok until quite recently ............. so something has changed recently in EJ to make this problem!

Examples

SimonC - 11-9-2007 at 07:36 PM

And Windows properties showing all info is here:

privatejz - 11-9-2007 at 07:43 PM

ya.. that is exactly what was happening to me. they read fine before, and then a bunch of my files started acting odd like that. i have around 15000 songs that i went through and made sure they were all the same tags. now i have no issues, but was still a big pain in the @$$.

SimonC - 11-9-2007 at 08:04 PM

I've just done that and am rebuilding the database now.
Did you notice what version of EJ the change came in - and did you get any explanation of why things changed?

privatejz - 11-9-2007 at 08:13 PM

i don't remember when it happened as i just started using ej pretty heavy just recently (i have owned it for some time but havn't had time to get it organized) so i can not pin point the exact release. but i am sure it was during the 4.x somewhere. i just assumed my tags were screwed up at the time. which they probably were as i used several different apps to rip my cd's over the years and thus had many different types of tags. i am sure it was just one of those types of tags that ej didn't like i just don't know the specifics around the issue.

sorry i couldn't be more helpful. i am sure audiosoft knows a lot more about it then I.