Board Logo

Trouble Starting EJukebox
DIY_Steve - 6-22-2011 at 02:47 AM

I haven't used EJukebox in over a year... (too busy with work).
When I tried to run it today the spash screen box pops up saying that I have an EJukebox Pro - Lifetime License and at the bottom of the window the status scrolls through Initializing, Loading Skins, Loading Database, Loading Interface... and then the box disappears... with nothing else on the screen. Subsequent attempts to run EJukebox net the same result.

I tried upgrading to version 5.65 and deleting the database file ejuke.asn... but still get the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

DIY_Steve - 6-23-2011 at 02:42 AM

If there are no other thoughts or options...

Would it be worth a try to uninstall and then re-install? If so, how does one preserve their license when they can't run the program?

If all else fails I can always move from a laptop to a deskdop.

Thanks,
Steve

Pirk - 6-23-2011 at 10:29 AM

maybe you could try to rename your ejukebox.ini to ejukebox.old then run EJ again.

DIY_Steve - 6-23-2011 at 12:39 PM

I gave it a try... pretty much the same result. It made it as far as loading interface (may have paused here for a little longer after renaming ini file) and then the splash screen or box disappeared.

Pirk - 6-23-2011 at 03:13 PM

ok sorry... and after the splash screen has disappeared, the ejukebox.exe process is still running in your task manager or not?

DIY_Steve - 6-26-2011 at 11:18 PM

Thanks for responding Pirk...sorry I didn't keep up, I went boating for the weekend with no internet coverage.

When the splash screen disappears, the ejukebox.exe process also stops running.

Audiosoft - 6-27-2011 at 01:26 AM

i think it have fixed your crash
please try v5.66 and let me know if it works good now or not
you can Download and Run the Upgrade from
http://www.audiosoft.net/download.htm

DIY_Steve - 6-27-2011 at 03:55 AM

I tried the upgrade and still have the same result.

I don't know if this helps, but.... the loading interface pauses for a good 30sec before it disappears... and in the last year I have moved my music to another drive, so if it is searching for the old files they will not be found.

Thanks,
Steve

Audiosoft - 6-27-2011 at 04:06 AM

OK that does sound like it can't find a file to play
so try starting fresh
download and run the full setup install
set the install path to C:EJukebox2
and see if that works for you

DIY_Steve - 6-27-2011 at 04:49 PM

I downloaded the Full v5.66 version and appears to have the same results... It makes it quickly through the initial messages (loading skins, etc.) but stalls on the Loading Playback device for about 45 seconds and stalls on Loading Interface for even longer.... and then splash screen disappears.

Audiosoft - 6-27-2011 at 09:26 PM

hmm do you have Windows XP or Win7?

DIY_Steve - 6-28-2011 at 01:06 AM

Win Xp SP3... I do know EJ ran fine on this laptop a year or so ago... and on another laptop prior.

I don't know what could have changed. Other than at the time I was going through a lot of changes in my song directory (deleting unsed songs and updating metedata)... it seemed to cause some confusion with the EJ database (requiring lots of rebuillds)... so, I decided to completely cleanup song directory before going back to EJ... one thing let to another and a year went by.

Could this be security related? This is a company laptop, so I have no control of settings... though they have used same software for years and as far as I know there are no major changes.

DIY_Steve - 7-13-2011 at 04:20 AM

?

Audiosoft - 7-13-2011 at 06:49 PM

it could this be security related but maybe not. Can you install using the Administrator XP user account?

please try installing this -> download_k-lite_codec_pack_full

if EJ doesn't start then delete C:EJukebox
and install audiosoft.net/download.htm Setup to C:EJukebox

DIY_Steve - 7-13-2011 at 08:24 PM

This patch appears to have done the trick.

Note it didn't work after loading the codec_pack... but, once I deleted C:EJukebox and then re-installed... it appears to have worked.

Also note... the link for the codec pack you supplied also forced installation of several unwanted utility programs. These programs were fairly easy to uninstall, but anyone who faces the same issue may want to try THIS LINK, which appears to be the codec pack's homepage.

I haven't had a lot of time to run through the new version of EJ... but it looks even slicker than it did a year or so ago.... thanks for the help Audiosoft.... it's great to have EJ back!!

Steve

;)

Audiosoft - 7-15-2011 at 01:00 AM

Great! glad you are up and running!
thank you for posting the alternate codec pack link :D

crlove - 12-19-2011 at 04:42 AM

Same issue but worked then I did a force shutdown of ejukebox now always stuck at "loading playback device". I'm using 5.69 I would prefer not to have to do a reload.

crlove - 12-23-2011 at 10:13 PM

My solution was to delete all the songs in the playlist of winamp and then everything would come up.

gavind - 1-5-2013 at 02:02 PM

Hmmm. Just the song on the playlist or the song files itself? Trying to upgrade here.