Board Logo

In car Ejukebox
VWBUG - 2-21-2007 at 07:10 PM

I am wanting to build an in car pc to run ejukebox as well as dvd, tv and radio. It is for in a vw camper so I have plenty room, but i don't really know where to start. Ideally I would want it to run directly from the 12v system without the need for inverters etc, but is this possible and what is the best spec to run this sort of thing. I have searched online but just wondered if anyone on here had any suggestions. Oh I want to run it with my 15" Touchscreen, which I have the adaptor card for.

Any advice would be great thanks

rllercstr7 - 2-22-2007 at 01:43 AM

Take a lookt at this VW http://msn-cnet.com.com/4520-11198_7-6396851-1.html?tag=nav. I didn't even know they made such specific parts for cars, but it looks like the PCs they recomend here will even do DC-DC so inverters are not an issue. I hope that helps you out, and good luck with your project! :D

mp3junky - 3-18-2007 at 02:32 AM

I can think of how to use Microslop Windows for the DVD, TV and ejukebox (radio might be tricky unless you are wireless). Depending on your funds you could interface with a laptop and get it all. Even a common workstation is internally +5, -5, +12, -12vdc via the powersupply.